3. A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
  4. Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
  5. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
  6. Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Deion Jones, LB, LSU
  8. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
  9. Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
  10. Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

Of the players where I have an opinion, Decker is probably the only player on the list I would argue is not overrated. I think he is the 2nd best OT in the draft and 3rd best OL.

In Beavers case I am not sure how much you can "overrate" a 5th round-ish player with raw talent.

Conversely Ifedi may be the most overrated of those listed, but I think of the "top" OTs Stanley is more overrated.

What got me is the three Ohio State players. I think Miller is the real deal.

He may well be, but I'd say he's been "over-hyped", which seems a little different from overrated...

He may well be, but I'd say he's been "over-hyped", which seems a little different from overrated...

No need to be rhetorical. If you're overrated then don't pan out you're a bust IMO. Example Matt Ryan. He's a bust because he's overrated.

More interesting might be predicting bust(s) AFTER 1st round picks are made. There always seem to be one or a few. Maybe this year will be different.

Mike

Overrated is not the same as bust...

1. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State -
  2. Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan
  3. A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
  4. Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
  5. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
  6. Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Deion Jones, LB, LSU
  8. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
  9. Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
  10. Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

Of the players where I have an opinion, Decker is probably the only player on the list I would argue is not overrated. I think he is the 2nd best OT in the draft and 3rd best OL.

In Beavers case I am not sure how much you can "overrate" a 5th round-ish player with raw talent.

Conversely Ifedi may be the most overrated of those listed, but I think of the "top" OTs Stanley is more overrated.

I foresee Dodd sliding to the second, possibly third...in which case, I'm all for grabbing him as a project.

Braxton Miller is not going to do shit in the NFL. He is Joshua Cribb Version 2.0.

If he is Joshua Cribbs....that would be very good....if he is the same kind of kick returner.

Only a jackoff would take this guy higher than the 6th round. Here is a hint, if a modern day player is not a master of a position, he will get fucked up in the NFL. Like RG3 the phony.

Kick Returner IS a position. Cribbs was a master of it. If Miller were Cribbs part two and could be gotten for a 6th rounder, that would be an absolute bargain.

Braxton Miller got to play against kids, there are no kids in the NFL.

The same is true for every single player that ever entered the NFL. No person before entering the NFL ever played against NFL caliber talent.

Some excelled at this level, many have not. It remains to be seen with Miller.

He won't be so fast, strong and shifty when he is playing against the best athletes in the world. Pass on Braxton, Goff and Bosa........ Trade down a wee bit, get an extra pick and take the only fucker who will make it as an NFL QB. Lynch.

Miller would not be someone that the Browns would select over Lynch. Miller will likely go much lower than Lynch. Goff and Bosa....yes, those are guys they could consider. But I still like getting Bosa at #2.....but how about this Ghoolie: If Lynch still there mid first round....how about a tradeup to get him? What would you be willing to give up for him?

A white Clowney? I don't know about that. Clowney was plagued by injuries, and already had the vaunted "micro-fracture" knee surgery. That basically means his knee will never be the same and he's in deep trouble. But before all that, remember what he was in college. Sure, his numbers weren't great as a senior, and yes, he probably was trying to avoid injury by taking plays off. But never forget that he ran something like a 4.45 (I don't know for sure, so hopefully I'm close, LOL) in the 40, and was projected as a superstar. From what I read about Bosa, many analysts have said he can be a productive starter, but doesn't possess the "star power" that a Clowney did. No disrespect to Bosa, but I don't see him in the same light. That being said, if Bosa goes to a 4-3, I think he can have an immediate impact, versus a 3-4 where he might have to learn a little longer.

If we DO draft Bosa, I'll be fine with it. We need pass rushers, and who knows? Maybe I'm dead wrong about him. Perhaps our DC knows how to get the most out of players and can find situations for Bosa to succeed in. But I don't see it happening. I see Bosa going to the Jags, and that would give them basically two first round pass rushers for 2016 (Fowler from last year was injured in preseason or OTA's and didn't play).

Braxton Miller is not going to do shit in the NFL. He is Joshua Cribb Version 2.0. Only a jackoff would take this guy higher than the 6th round. Here is a hint, if a modern day player is not a master of a position, he will get fucked up in the NFL. Like RG3 the phony.

Braxton Miller got to play against kids, there are no kids in the NFL. He won't be so fast, strong and shifty when he is playing against the best athletes in the world. Pass on Braxton, Goff and Bosa........ Trade down a wee bit, get an extra pick and take the only fucker who will make it as an NFL QB. Lynch.

just examine the name "Paxton Lynch".. it reeks of "spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth" I would avoid this selection like the plague.. Rich kids are not the hungry, driven sort.

My brother had a dalmation named Paxton.. I have always hated that name. It made me think of people who feel like theyre entitled.. Draft Goff and dont look back.

just examine the name "Paxton Lynch".. it reeks of "spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth" I would avoid this selection like the plague.. Rich kids are not the hungry, driven sort.

My brother had a dalmation named Paxton.. I have always hated that name. It make think of people who feel like theyre entitled.. Draft Goff and dont look back.

Yeah, Jared is a regular guys' name. Conjurs up images of lumberjacks, welders and the like.

Yeah, Jared is a regular guys' name. Conjurs up images of lumberjacks, welders and the like.

No was was talking to you.. move on jr.

No was was talking to you.. move on jr.

Does calling me 'jr' make you feel all big and manly? I'm just curious. How much of your self worth is wrapped up in that? Does it help when it gets pointed out like this?

Does calling me 'jr' make you feel all big and manly? I'm just curious. How much of your self worth is wrapped up in that? Does it help when it gets pointed out like this?

you're desperation is hilarious.. nice try goober

Jarred, Carson and Paxton are names former Yuppies pick for their kids. Look around the league; how many Connor, Tyler, Brandon, Jordan are out there? A lot.

Braxton Miller is not going to do shit in the NFL. He is Joshua Cribb Version 2.0. Only a jackoff would take this guy higher than the 6th round. Here is a hint, if a modern day player is not a master of a position, he will get fucked up in the NFL. Like RG3 the phony.

Braxton Miller got to play against kids, there are no kids in the NFL. He won't be so fast, strong and shifty when he is playing against the best athletes in the world. Pass on Braxton, Goff and Bosa........ Trade down a wee bit, get an extra pick and take the only fucker who will make it as an NFL QB. Lynch.

No way Miler will be close to Cribbs, Cribbs was a fearless (probowler) as a kick/punt returner and special teams player. Yes he was very bad as a receiver.

Miller should try-out for dancing with the stars...

Archived