THE BROWNS BOARD

GOP Candidates Fueled by Evangelical Insanity

jbluhm86

Well apparently, according to woody, if they were pandering to muslims it wouldn't be a problem at all. The evil evangelicals who hurt you with words and are actual Americans are much more concerning than an ideology that smiles upon terrorism and the ownership of women and slaves.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthew 5:18

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Sure sounds like Jesus thought the Old Testament still applied.

5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus did not do away with the moral law but with the ceremonial law which was for the theocratic nation Israel. The New Testament also introduced the concept of grace as the way of life, an intrinsic rather than an extrinsic way of life.

Rapists need to cover the 50 shekels and the wedding because the Old Testament still applies.

Now you're just being silly. I mean yes those rules apply, but we're only human after all, so it's no biggy. Jesus got our back.

I hope there is a monthly installment plan for rapists that can't cover the 50 all at once. Like getting a Rent-To-Own wife/victim.

Presumably this would be covered by Bernie Sanders' 'free shit' program for the unemployed.

So the big difference between modern day Justice in which you can be awarded a suspended sentence or get off completely accompanying a fine and or a huge legal bill is exactly, what again?

WSS

Rape tends to not be one of those things you don't just get a suspended sentence for or get to completely walk away from. Hell, rape allegations are enough to ruin your life.

Well apparently, according to woody, if they were pandering to muslims it wouldn't be a problem at all. The evil evangelicals who hurt you with words and are actual Americans are much more concerning than an ideology that smiles upon terrorism and the ownership of women and slaves.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

The Old Testament law has been done away. Any Christian today trying to live under the law makes as much sense as an American citizen adopting the laws of Japan and trying to live under them. They don't apply.

I enjoyed this analogy. As if modern day Japan is that different from the US

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Exodus 22:16-17 If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."

It doesn't say that anyway.

I told a minister friend of mine that years ago the law was done away with and he thoroughly disagreed with me until he researched it and a few weeks later told me he saw I was right. The law has been done away with. Those laws never brought life to anyone. Now we live under a new and better covenant where God writes his laws in our hearts (spirits) and not on tablets of stone:

King James Bible 2 Cor 3:11

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remainethis glorious.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

For if that which is done away,.... Here another difference is pointed out, which subsists between the law and the Gospel, and proves that the one is more excellent and glorious than the other. The law is "that which is done away"; not merely the ceremonial law, or the judicial law, but the whole ministry of Moses, and particularly the law.

Jeremiah 31:33

"This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

"Whereas, in the case of the old, the law of duty was written on tables of stone, in the case of the new the law is to be written on the heart; whereas, under the old, owing to the ritual character of the worship, the knowledge of God and his will was a complicated affair, in which men generally were helplessly dependent on a professional class, under the new, the worship of God would be reduced to the simplest spiritual elements, and it would be in every man's power to know God at first hand, the sole requisite for such knowledge as would then be required being a pure heart."

So the dipshits who interpret that as rape are just looking for something to bitch about, they let their hatred cloud their judgement.

how am I supposed to interpret "seizing her" then? So if I see a woman out on the street today that I fancy, and I run up and 'sieze" her off into the bushes....no rape? Fuck me I never knew I can just seize women off the street. I mean it's a whole new world of possibilities now.

how am I supposed to interpret "seizing her" then? So if I see a woman out on the street today that I fancy, and I run up and 'sieze" her off into the bushes....no rape? Fuck me I never knew I can just seize women off the street. I mean it's a whole new world of possibilities now.

It's like how the government can come and 'seize' your property because it's the law. If it's legal to seize the woman, it isn't rape.

It's like how the government can come and 'seize' your property because it's the law. If it's legal to seize the woman, it isn't rape.

Just for the record kids I would imagine that every single one of us has forcible rape somewhere in his family tree over the last two or three thousand years.

WSS

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

If I seized your home, would that mean that I asked you politely if I could have it then you gave it to me?

Just for the record kids I would imagine that every single one of us has forcible rape somewhere in his family tree over the last two or three thousand years.

WSS

Well, the sins of the great-great-great-grandfather and all that.

(count for shit all btw, the sins of the father thing is bullshit, you have no point)

I haven't researched it but my guess is the Old Testament law was probably one of the more civilized types of governance among the nations in the world at the time if not the most civilized. We look back on it now and it seems harsh but you have to put it in the time period.

I haven't researched it but my guess is the Old Testament law was probably one of the more civilized types of governance among the nations in the world at the time if not the most civilized. We look back on it now and it seems harsh but you have to put it in the time period.

What are you basing that on? Not saying it's necessarily the case but you're clearly saying you have no idea but are asserting it anyway.

(that's the opposite of science, btw)

Well, the sins of the great-great-great-grandfather and all that.

(count for shit all btw, the sins of the father thing is bullshit, you have no point)

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

after thorough analysis you sir.......have no fucking point!! lmfao well done

Archived