THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Ramsey

Mike H

You could probably go back in time, and find another cb who was a star college player,

about the same size.

The other player back in the day, was very close to being the same height. Ramsey is

almost 10 lbs heavier.

The back in time cb was outstanding athletically. Ran a 4.21. Probably didn't have to have outstanding

technique in college.

Ramsey "only" ran a 4.45. The other player is.... Deion Sanders. I have seen a write-up on Ramsey that

compared him to Charles Woodson.

The other player is.... Deion Sanders. I have seen a write-up on Ramsey that compared him to Charles Woodson.

Woodson in his FS days?

Riddick mentioned Deion as he'd heard some compare Ramsey to Sanders. He scoffed at the notion saying Deion was so physically talented with such natural technique that he could fall out of bed and cover the entire route tree of the NL's best on Day 1.

But still, Deion wasn't all that much a tackler, not a physical hitter type of player. He wasn't considered a safety type player.

Ramsey is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071515/jalen-ramsey

"Uses his length exceptionally to press, get his hands on the ball, wrap tackle and shed blocks. Effective dip and bend as an edge blitzer. Extensive special teams experience as a gunner, playing on both kickoff and punt coverages. Playmaker with the ball in his hands, averaging 23.4 yards per return (5/117/2) on turnovers."

Meaning during the season when people were actually watching these guys play and pre-draft/combine hype had yet to enter the equation.

I sit around from 8 AM-1 AM on college football Saturday's. Every single week. I don't miss a big game. Ramsey was certainly a star, but not to the degree that they've been talking him up lately. Not even close IMO.

Louis Riddick had a much different take on Ramsey today on NFL Insiders. Called Ramsey's rise to the #1 overall conversation measurement hype.

That happens a lot this time of year.....even more so when it comes to QBs.

Riddick bases his boards upon game tape plays made, not athleticism. Went as far as saying that Ramsey's athleticism worked against him at FSU as he did not need to learn his craft. Sounded eerily Gilbert-esque.

Riddick sounds like a guy with a lot of sense.

Here are his top five DBs of 2016:

5. Hargreaves (CB) FL

4. Ramsey (CB/FS) FSU

3. Apple (CB) OSU

2. Jackson III (CB) UH

1. Karl Joseph (SS) WVU

I think it's safe to say that placing Joseph at #1 is an even bigger surprise than ranking Ramsey at 4. But Riddick called Joseph a thumper that is made for any team that wants to toughen up its defense.

Where do all the other pundits rank Joseph?

Meaning during the season when people were actually watching these guys play and pre-draft/combine hype had yet to enter the equation.

I sit around from 8 AM-1 AM on college football Saturday's. Every single week. I don't miss a big game. Ramsey was certainly a star, but not to the degree that they've been talking him up lately. Not even close IMO.

Other than a couple Buckeyes and BAMA players, I can't remember many other players that were hot topics throughout the last college season. Foremost among the others though would have to be the LSU RB, Fournette.

That happens a lot this time of year.....even more so when it comes to QBs.

Where do all the other pundits rank Joseph?

... or at least one QB...

DraftScout has Joseph ranked around the 4th Strong Safety and a 2nd-ish round pick.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Other than a couple Buckeyes and BAMA players, I can't remember many other players that were hot topics throughout the last college season. Foremost among the others though would have to be the LSU RB, Fournette.

DraftScout has Joseph ranked around the 4th Strong Safety and a 2nd-ish round pick.

I stopped using draft scout a couple years ago.

Other than a couple Buckeyes and BAMA players, I can't remember many other players that were hot topics throughout the last college season. Foremost among the others though would have to be the LSU RB, Fournette. And the guy from Ole Miss when they beat Alabama

Lynch was. Most of last season HE was considered the top QB coming out. Only later did that shift.

Ramsey is not like Sanders.

He is closer to Woodson. But even then (trying not to be too much of a homer) Woodson is a generational player. If they think Ramsey is too, we take him.

Antoine Winfield was a better pass defender than Woodson. But he was a strict cover CB. Woodson played more like a safety.

Antoine Winfield was a better pass defender than Woodson. But he was a strict cover CB. Woodson played more like a safety.

My generational comment refers to his entire career as a football player. There probably were CBs that could cover better than him, but he was the complete package. Maybe they could cover better, but he was a better defensive player.

If Ramsey can provide all of that, over that long of a career, with the leadership and game changing ability Woodson had (and they don't see a franchise QB), I say you have to take him.

My generational comment refers to his entire career as a football player. There probably were CBs that could cover better than him, but he was the complete package. Maybe they could cover better, but he was a better defensive player.

If Ramsey can provide all of that, over that long of a career, with the leadership and game changing ability Woodson had (and they don't see a franchise QB), I say you have to take him.

I might take him for all that. Maybe. But there are others I would want more.

Would you guys be open to maybe getting 3 guys in the top ten picks?

What if we could get Ramsey, Bosa and Elliot/Treadwell? Would you be okay with that being our draft? Of course we would have a couple of compensatory picks that we would have to use as well... I've landed some solid guys with those picks...

Would you guys be open to maybe getting 3 guys in the top ten picks?

What if we could get Ramsey, Bosa and Elliot/Treadwell? Would you be okay with that being our draft? Of course we would have a couple of compensatory picks that we would have to use as well... I've landed some solid guys with those picks...

Only way we're getting 3 picks in the top 10 is using the rest of our draft this year, next year and probably the year after that.

Archived