THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi is Destroying Browns Reporting in His Spare Time at the Spring Meeting

Tour2ma

lol... Anyone have a trusted source I can read until TC?

No, we never settled on a draft pick for Kaep. Now... we never pulled our offer to Mitch.

I cannot remember the last time we had a new regime and reporters, all reporters, got nothing right about what was going on...

... or did they?

For the reporting to be this bad, this inaccurate, it feels like we have a disinformation machine in our FO... and I like it!

Browns' Sashi Brown says offer to Mitchell Schwartz wasn't pulled, laments starters hitting market

Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown insisted the franchise didn't revoke its contract offer to right tackle Mitchell Schwartz in the hours leading up to the start of free agency on March 9.

NFL Network and ProFootballTalk.com reported the Browns pulled their offer to Schwartz, who signed a five-year, $33 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs after negotiations between the Browns and his agent, Deryk Gilmore, fell through.

"No offer pulled," Brown said Monday at the NFL owners meetings in Boca Raton, Fla.

Asked to elaborate on what happened during the talks involving Schwartz, Brown said, "I think enough has been said about it. I think a lot of players left their teams. I’ve seen a lot of their agents mouth off in the media, and I’ll just leave it at that."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to MKC today on NFL radio. Nothing has changed, she flaps her lips in her own stories that are not there."Sashi needs a higher up football guy in FO & Depo's is a long way from that right now" Smell's like smoke before Fire..

The problem with "media" in this case, Mary Kay, is that her job is to report news... but her job is to also investigate and vet sources. She does not do that. She receives information and runs with it without doing her job, which is to do actual journalism.

Not sure why anyone is surprised, and why people continue to argue with her reporting as "factual" support.

The problem with "media" in this case, Mary Kay, is that her job is to report news... but her job is to also investigate and vet sources. She does not do that. She receives information and runs with it without doing her job, which is to do actual journalism.

Not sure why anyone is surprised, and why people continue to argue with her reporting as "factual" support.

The sad (yet laughable) part of this is that some of the national media puts out stories & quotes MK as a source. Now THAT's responsible journalism!

I love this thread. Quite a difference from the Lombardi days, isn't it?

Mike

Sorry to piss on your party, BUT, the reason MKC STILL has a prominent job, because a lot of time the reality of what the Browns do, winds up making her batshit stories look mild. She gets enough of it right to hold her place.

There is a major disconnect however, between Browns and reality. Everything I have read and heard on talk radio regarding the Browns and Mitchell Schwartz suggests some kind of fuck up with our front office. Now, you may not like this, especially since there are not details, but there is enough talk that clearly there was some failure at some level with the FO.

What gets Browns fans in trouble is their gullibility and simpleton behavior. You fuckers live in your own world and the wisdom of life experiences has absolute no bearing on the shit you believe. No matter what the facts say, YOU FUCKTARDS know the REAL STORY.

No matter how much I told you jackoffs from DAY ONE that Crennel and Phil Sewage were coffee fetchers who did nothing for Ozzie and Belichik, YOU blowjobs knew better. "In Savage you trusted"....and you INSISTED that Ozzie and Bill B were idiots who owed their REAL SUCCESS to the two jackoffs Lerner hired.

But you guys never learn; you never look at your fucking historical stupidity and act smarter today.

Look at Sushi as an example. The entire world sees him as a blundering moron answering the Schwartz questions, but YOU GUYS, think he is just a "salty VP" who is not going to yield to the press. The truth? The guy is in over his head, he is destined to lose.

Here is what I look at, what is the general motion of the club under this cocksucker? Is he building energy? fan trust? bringing in new players, attracting FAs? Keeping the better players? Creating unison and a real team flavor? If he isn't, and in this case, he really isn't, then you can fucking pretend all you want that all this bad shit is actually a secret plan of genius to catapult the Browns into instant greatness, but the same horrible results will continue.

Can't argue....people just don't want to accept it.

Sorry to piss on your party, BUT, the reason MKC STILL has a prominent job, because a lot of time the reality of what the Browns do, winds up making her batshit stories look mild. She gets enough of it right to hold her place.

There is a major disconnect however, between Browns and reality. Everything I have read and heard on talk radio regarding the Browns and Mitchell Schwartz suggests some kind of fuck up with our front office. Now, you may not like this, especially since there are not details, but there is enough talk that clearly there was some failure at some level with the FO.

What gets Browns fans in trouble is their gullibility and simpleton behavior. You fuckers live in your own world and the wisdom of life experiences has absolute no bearing on the shit you believe. No matter what the facts say, YOU FUCKTARDS know the REAL STORY.

No matter how much I told you jackoffs from DAY ONE that Crennel and Phil Sewage were coffee fetchers who did nothing for Ozzie and Belichik, YOU blowjobs knew better. "In Savage you trusted"....and you INSISTED that Ozzie and Bill B were idiots who owed their REAL SUCCESS to the two jackoffs Lerner hired.

But you guys never learn; you never look at your fucking historical stupidity and act smarter today.

Look at Sushi as an example. The entire world sees him as a blundering moron answering the Schwartz questions, but YOU GUYS, think he is just a "salty VP" who is not going to yield to the press. The truth? The guy is in over his head, he is destined to lose.

Here is what I look at, what is the general motion of the club under this cocksucker? Is he building energy? fan trust? bringing in new players, attracting FAs? Keeping the better players? Creating unison and a real team flavor? If he isn't, and in this case, he really isn't, then you can fucking pretend all you want that all this bad shit is actually a secret plan of genius to catapult the Browns into instant greatness, but the same horrible results will continue.

You remind me of a constantly complaining employee with whom I once had to deal. I refused to listen to her complaints unless they were presented with a suggestion for improvement. She was madder'n hell but she stopped her incessant bitching. What would you do to change the Browns' fortunes? You seem to know everything they do wrong, so what should they do right?

Mike

You remind me of a constantly complaining employee with whom I once had to deal.

Reminds me of a guy I perma-muted months ago... if only people would refrain from quoting him, life would be better...

But that's not new (or news)... MKC has been a known quantity for a long time.

It's that no one seems to be getting the "inside Story" straight... and I truly do love that.

You remind me of a constantly complaining employee with whom I once had to deal. I refused to listen to her complaints unless they were presented with a suggestion for improvement. She was madder'n hell but she stopped her incessant bitching. What would you do to change the Browns' fortunes? You seem to know everything they do wrong, so what should they do right?

Mike

For starters, they might have (and probably should have) brought in a guy like Elliot Wolf for a little football IQ, and kept Sashi as strictly the bean counter.

OK Sushi and DePo are smart- I've seen plenty of those sorts flop in business. Ever hear of the Peter Principle?

Mike, this reeks of a desperation move by Haslam. He knows he's losing the fanbase, and hopes his radical idea pays off. Or at least buys him more time. Being a minority owner of the Steelers may not have taught him much.

I'll withhold judgement until I see how the draft unfolds, but I sure as hell doubt they're going to be able to replace all the talent that walked out the door in one draft.

whatever the case may be, being fans of the team WE are stuck with the owner's decisions. you might not like it but it's his team he get's the final say as it's his money.

i know jack about analytics. i thought bringing in people who have been a part of winning at the highest level, that know the game like the back of their hand and have great drive to make a change in a franchise and society that has been dragged through the muck and mire of bad decision making for decades now would be the way to go..........but, uh.........

even though i and some others might not like it, i'd rather see the owner FOR ONCE give this thing a shot for more than 2 years!!!!!!!!!!! hell we give lazy asshole players longer to pan out then we do the people who you've entrusted to teach these guys. where's the analytical logic in that?

Larry I don't even see it as his own radical ideas, it sounds more like he's an ignorant rich man who's been sold a bill of goods. Like you say if this shit pays off I will change my tune but so far the entire idea of Analytics sounds like a scam. I have absolutely no faith in 'Sushi' Brown to know anything about football.

Even if I did I can't imagine it taking less then three years to show some kind of real progress. And I don't expect Jimmy has that kind of time to fuck around.

Show me or blow me.

WSS

Here is the problem for the Browns in a nutshell. Not only is there an impatient owner, there is also an aging fan base. Both are so short on time that a 5 year plan may not have time to come to fruition because of those two major overriding factors.

Of course the caveat is that any theory that can be placed "in a nutshell" belongs there. :P

Maybe you should try to steal her gig.

20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e.jpg

Mike

His silence is deafening

Thanks Gip, good to see Mike Webster again. :D That "inside story" won't be from inside this FO & MKC new line now has become "If I had to guess" Perfect!!

The only thing deafening is the collective stupidity of your 40 something and younger clueless dumb fucks.

You ass fuckers keep asking me the same question while you pick and eat boogers. "D'uh, Jeez Ghoolie, what would you do?"

Hey cocksuckers, remember 2 years ago I answered the question? I said GET RID OF EVERY FUCKING PLAYER, including that phony, good-for-noting lardass cocksucker Joe Thomas, who laughs and jokes on the sidelines while his team gets ass fucked by the Steelers. BUT BUT BUT.... D'uh Gee Ghoolie, you can't break the continuity of building a team by trashing it"

NOOOO SHIT? Really? Well, shhhhhh, SHHH, listen, do you hear that? Yeah, that's the sound of the toilet shit-flushing all the cocksuckers you said were part of our FOUNDATION down the FA drain and dumping them into other teams. D'uh....... It seems the Ghoolmeister knows a little something that you fucking collective gaggle of jackoffs are clueless about.

Look man, you don't find greatness in a resume. You cannot get fooled into hiring leaders pimped to you by the same fucking clique of NFL charlatans who are scalping you for tickets and $23,00 beer and hotdog meals.

Greatness comes from obscurity, not from an artificially inflated resume. There is no such thing as a track record for hiring leaders for the Browns. Each city, franchise, personal dynamic is different. Because a man did something once in his life gives absolutely no indication that he could ever do it again in his life. You have to hire people based not on their resume, but on their passion, drive, core values, morals and beliefs.

Think about politics for a moment! Do you fucking believe that Trump, Clinton, Sanders and Cruz are our best hopes for a greater America? Are you that far removed from being able to think for yourselves? Hiring a Sushi, Hue and DePudPuller is no different than electing one of these jackoffs. Someone tells you that these are the best, and what? You believe it?

What would I do? I would listen to my heart, the things I learned from my Dad, Mom, and influential role models. I would go into the obscure corners of college football, high school football, retired and forgotten players, and into the business world, and BEFORE I looked at ANYONE's fucking resume.............. I would talk Browns.........................Jim Brown, Fiss, Gain, The Rocket Man, E-Roc, Motley, Paul, Art................ I would talk BROWNS.................. and I would ONLY continue conversations when the guy talking to me about BROWNS................ lit up.....got a twinkle in his eye............ and started pouring back to me about BROWNS.............

That's where you start, because unless someone has knowledge of what the Browns mean to the fans, the city and the NFL................. unless someone bleeds what I, and many of you have bled, there will be no greatness, no winning, no success..............Without that kind of passion, no man, regardless of his resume will return dignity to the Browns. Without that kind of passion, a man will not have the staying power,,,, like Moses, or Noah to persevere.

Joe Thomas? Laughing and joking on the sidelines when his team is getting destroyed by the Steelers? Yuu want to send that low-life, miserable, loser of a cocksucker to the Hall OF Fame to represent the Browns? Fuck you. Fuck you until your mothers ass bleeds. You sell your heritage for a phantasm, a mirage.

What can the fan do? Really? If you found that your wife gave blowjobs at the bowling alley, would you buy her a matching poodle skirt, bag and shoes so that she looked nice on blowing, ah, er, bowling nights? If your son was a drug addict, would you tip the local drug dealers and seek out Walter White?o

Don't go to the fucking games. Don't feed this pestilence. Don't pay $23.00 for a hotdog, peanuts and a beer from the guy who is shitting on your family name.

"But Ghoolie, I LOVE THE BROWNS"

Fuck you, you don't know what the fuck it means to love something. You are a bunch of self-serving, pompous assholes. Be men, be tough, don't go to the fucking games.............. EMBARRASS THESE MOTHER FUCKERS the way they have embarrassed you since Modell left.

Ghoolie,

THANK YOU! You responded as I hoped & thought you might. You put your passion as a Browns' Fan (rather than a bellyacher) into print. Your passion CANNOT be questioned.

One of the things you & I seem to agree upon is that "playmakers" make the O-line better by their presence. The other is that the Browns still have a HUGE, PASSIONATE Fan base in & out of Cleveland. I'm all for giving these new guys a shot in GROWING that passion.

You wrote..."EMBARRASS THESE MOTHER FUCKERS the way they have embarrassed you since Modell left." I'll correct you there. THESE MFers are NEW & doing things very differently than those who have drug us down since 1999. Let's stand behind them & give this a chance to work.

Mike

The only thing deafening is the collective stupidity of your 40 something and younger clueless dumb fucks.

You ass fuckers keep asking me the same question while you pick and eat boogers. "D'uh, Jeez Ghoolie, what would you do?"

Hey cocksuckers, remember 2 years ago I answered the question? I said GET RID OF EVERY FUCKING PLAYER, including that phony, good-for-noting lardass cocksucker Joe Thomas, who laughs and jokes on the sidelines while his team gets ass fucked by the Steelers. BUT BUT BUT.... D'uh Gee Ghoolie, you can't break the continuity of building a team by trashing it"

NOOOO SHIT? Really? Well, shhhhhh, SHHH, listen, do you hear that? Yeah, that's the sound of the toilet shit-flushing all the cocksuckers you said were part of our FOUNDATION down the FA drain and dumping them into other teams. D'uh....... It seems the Ghoolmeister knows a little something that you fucking collective gaggle of jackoffs are clueless about.

Look man, you don't find greatness in a resume. You cannot get fooled into hiring leaders pimped to you by the same fucking clique of NFL charlatans who are scalping you for tickets and $23,00 beer and hotdog meals.

Greatness comes from obscurity, not from an artificially inflated resume. There is no such thing as a track record for hiring leaders for the Browns. Each city, franchise, personal dynamic is different. Because a man did something once in his life gives absolutely no indication that he could ever do it again in his life. You have to hire people based not on their resume, but on their passion, drive, core values, morals and beliefs.

Think about politics for a moment! Do you fucking believe that Trump, Clinton, Sanders and Cruz are our best hopes for a greater America? Are you that far removed from being able to think for yourselves? Hiring a Sushi, Hue and DePudPuller is no different than electing one of these jackoffs. Someone tells you that these are the best, and what? You believe it?

What would I do? I would listen to my heart, the things I learned from my Dad, Mom, and influential role models. I would go into the obscure corners of college football, high school football, retired and forgotten players, and into the business world, and BEFORE I looked at ANYONE's fucking resume.............. I would talk Browns.........................Jim Brown, Fiss, Gain, The Rocket Man, E-Roc, Motley, Paul, Art................ I would talk BROWNS.................. and I would ONLY continue conversations when the guy talking to me about BROWNS................ lit up.....got a twinkle in his eye............ and started pouring back to me about BROWNS.............

That's where you start, because unless someone has knowledge of what the Browns mean to the fans, the city and the NFL................. unless someone bleeds what I, and many of you have bled, there will be no greatness, no winning, no success..............Without that kind of passion, no man, regardless of his resume will return dignity to the Browns. Without that kind of passion, a man will not have the staying power,,,, like Moses, or Noah to persevere.

Joe Thomas? Laughing and joking on the sidelines when his team is getting destroyed by the Steelers? Yuu want to send that low-life, miserable, loser of a cocksucker to the Hall OF Fame to represent the Browns? Fuck you. Fuck you until your mothers ass bleeds. You sell your heritage for a phantasm, a mirage.

What can the fan do? Really? If you found that your wife gave blowjobs at the bowling alley, would you buy her a matching poodle skirt, bag and shoes so that she looked nice on blowing, ah, er, bowling nights? If your son was a drug addict, would you tip the local drug dealers and seek out Walter White?o

Don't go to the fucking games. Don't feed this pestilence. Don't pay $23.00 for a hotdog, peanuts and a beer from the guy who is shitting on your family name.

"But Ghoolie, I LOVE THE BROWNS"

Fuck you, you don't know what the fuck it means to love something. You are a bunch of self-serving, pompous assholes. Be men, be tough, don't go to the fucking games.............. EMBARRASS THESE MOTHER FUCKERS the way they have embarrassed you since Modell left.

A long winded troll.

I am in. Give me a smart person with another smart person against a couple of dunces who somewhere along the line gained a football rep.

EXACTLY. Paul Brown wasn't a mensa. He was a common man who loved football so much he bled it.

??????

wha wha what???

reading comprehension 101. betcha sushi and depost at least passed that class.

I'll withhold judgement until I see how the draft unfolds, but I sure as hell doubt they're going to be able to replace all the talent that walked out the door in one draft.

So how many seasons are you holding out for hoorta? Its obvious that Hue is rebuilding. So again, are you holding out for one season, two, three?

So how many seasons are you holding out for hoorta? Its obvious that Hue is rebuilding. So again, are you holding out for one season, two, three?

I want to see progress dawg. No more first round picks that can't either play, or would rather party. A defense that's better than 30th in rush D, and 29th in points allowed.

Oh, I'll probably hang around- but it was pretty brutal last year- just sitting there watching the game & not really caring about the outcome. 4 games were 3 TD blowouts, 2 of the 3 wins were against teams as bad or worse than us.

I want to see progress dawg. No more first round picks that can't either play, or would rather party. A defense that's better than 30th in rush D, and 29th in points allowed.

Oh, I'll probably hang around- but it was pretty brutal last year- just sitting there watching the game & not really caring about the outcome. 4 games were 3 TD blowouts, 2 of the 3 wins were against teams as bad or worse than us.

Couldn't agree with you more hoorta. I think that Sashi, Depodesta, Hue and the Haslems finally agree that we should give this coach at least 5 years. If it works in less, even better. But we need to rebuild this team the correct way. No more coaches coming in knowing that they only have one or two years to turn it around or they are gone, exactly why most FAs don't want to come here to begin with. You bring in young draftees and don't pay them a fortune, let them earn it. No more overpaid FAs. I hope I'm around to see the results, but I fully expect to see a winner in Cleveland over the next few years.

Larry I don't even see it as his own radical ideas, it sounds more like he's an ignorant rich man who's been sold a bill of goods. Like you say if this shit pays off I will change my tune but so far the entire idea of Analytics sounds like a scam. I have absolutely no faith in 'Sushi' Brown to know anything about football.

Even if I did I can't imagine it taking less then three years to show some kind of real progress. And I don't expect Jimmy has that kind of time to fuck around.

Show me or blow me.

WSS

Analytics is not some scam, and it's not really new in the NFL. I'm sure that Bellicheck and Co runs some sort of anylitics, they just don't advertise it as such and keep as much as possible on the down low.

I noted a long time ago how they manage to pick up veterans who have some years left in them, but when they release vets, they usually are done. Even if they catch on for a year or two they are done. See Willie McGinnest and some OL we picked up years back from the Patriots. Nothing left in the tank for either of them.

Even though it's been introduces as some whiz-bang shiny new process - and it is a new concept in Cleveland - other teams have done analytics/moneyball type of thing for a long time.

I think analytics is just another way of saying "let's figure out what works, usually, and what

we expect, and look at the fa and draft compreensively, rather than just a

single game, or combine workout."

It's a look at everthing involved, and a look at everything about a kid you draft.

It's just a smarter approach than what dummies have done in the past, not just the Browns.

With that approach, the Browns would have never drafted jm or Gordon or.... the list is long.

Archived