THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi is Destroying Browns Reporting in His Spare Time at the Spring Meeting

Tour2ma

If you are 4-12 and building your franchise on a QB, you're the Jags and how is that working.

It's drafting, your looking at this the wrong way.. Both Jags & Oakland both put a rookie QB in place before anything was built around them. Neither maybe Elite, but comparable to Wentz & Goff at draft time. 2014 Oakland, after we slide from 4 to 8 for Gilbert, Oakland takes K. Mack at 5.(we pass on Mack & Watkins, Bridgewater to take JM at 22). Rd. 2 we take Bitonio at pick 3. Oak. takes D. Carr at next pick than add A. Cooper in 15, Boom, QB established, add other pieces, overpaid FA's whatever(which they have) Carr's got 5-7 years left for playoff contention. Same year 2014 Jags take Bortles Rd.1 at #3. Rd. 2 add WR's Marquise Lee at 7 & Allen Robinson at #29 from 49'ers. Jags in 2015 take Dante Fowler Rd.1 at 3. Jags were one of the higher in points scored 2015 but Fowler being out, hurt them in points against. But again QB established, playoff window now open, spend money in other pieces (which they have). Neither Jags nor Oakland play in a division like ours but this "can't put QB in place till pieces surround him" is total BS imo. If this FO passes on 1 of these 2 QB's at anywhere in 1st Round, Hue's hiring would be a total waste in near future imho.. It's time we start building this team with a vision that see's how to build one..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's drafting, your looking at this the wrong way.. Both Jags & Oakland both put a rookie QB in place before anything was built around them. Neither maybe Elite, but comparable to Wentz & Goff at draft time. 2014 Oakland, after we slide from 4 to 8 for Gilbert, Oakland takes K. Mack at 5.(we pass on Mack & Watkins, Bridgewater to take JM at 22). Rd. 2 we take Bitonio at pick 3. Oak. takes D. Carr at next pick than add A. Cooper in 15, Boom, QB established, add other pieces, overpaid FA's whatever(which they have) Carr's got 5-7 years left for playoff contention. Same year 2014 Jags take Bortles Rd.1 at #3. Rd. 2 add WR's Marquise Lee at 7 & Allen Robinson at #29 from 49'ers. Jags in 2015 take Dante Fowler Rd.1 at 3. Jags were one of the higher in points scored 2015 but Fowler being out, hurt them in points against. But again QB established, playoff window now open, spend money in other pieces (which they have). Neither Jags nor Oakland play in a division like ours but this "can't put QB in place till pieces surround him" is total BS imo. If this FO passes on 1 of these 2 QB's at anywhere in 1st Round, Hue's hiring would be a total waste in near future imho.. It's time we start building this team with a vision that see's how to build one..

This is my exact point. The Browns have nothing on this team. And please don't give me any Duke Johnson bullshit, he's mediocre. If you think you draft Wentz and RG3 opens 1-5 and keeps playing you're high.

This is my exact point. The Browns have nothing on this team. And please don't give me any Duke Johnson bullshit, he's mediocre. If you think you draft Wentz and RG3 opens 1-5 and keeps playing you're high.

nobody's high or did I say anything about RG3 even starting at all. Draft Wentzoff at #2 & see where it goes at camp & the only drama I want to hear, is we have not named our starter due to competition. As for Duke, it's been 1 year. He's now seen what he can do to get better & if D. Henry is still their at #32 he will be tuff to pass up with Crow FA after next season, Crows vision & balance has got to go imo..

nobody's high or did I say anything about RG3 even starting at all. Draft Wentzoff at #2 & see where it goes at camp & the only drama I want to hear, is we have not named our starter due to competition. As for Duke, it's been 1 year. He's now seen what he can do to get better & if D. Henry is still their at #32 he will be tuff to pass up with Crow FA after next season, Crows vision & balance has got to go imo..

So now you're back to Oakland and Jacksonville drafting a rookie QB and starting him on a shitty team.

So now you're back to Oakland and Jacksonville drafting a rookie QB and starting him on a shitty team.

Again, nothing ever changes. Make a opinion, including the words "compete" & people like yourself turn it into their own story to respond. Good luck arguing with yourself in your own opinions.. Get to end of camp & let's talk about this shitty team. in your opinion

Again, nothing ever changes. Make a opinion, including the words "compete" & people like yourself turn it into their own story to respond. Good luck arguing with yourself in your own opinions.. Get to end of camp & let's talk about this shitty team. in your opinion

Nothing to do with "competing" you draft Wentz or Goff and they win the job, see Oakland & Jacksonville. RGIII wins the job, or gets it handed to him to give the rookie time to adapt, and he's 1-5 and fans will be chanting for the rookie. How many times does this need to happen before history stops repeating itself.

meaningless stats. There is more to football that a simple stat....

the Browns had no wr group to scare defenses, and

just so "NO" to your dumb reply next time.

Search Results
Where was Duke Johnson in the second half of the Cleveland
www.cleveland.com/.../where_was_duke_johnson_in_th...
The Plain Dealer
Nov 1, 2015 - Browns running back Duke Johnson fends off Arizona Cardinals free ... But the Browns did not target him in the second half with a pass as he ...
Browns' Wilbert Montgomery can't explain Duke Johnson's ...
www.cleveland.com/.../browns_wilbert_montgomery_c...
The Plain Dealer
Nov 18, 2015 - Browns' Wilbert Montgomery can't explain Duke Johnson's 2nd-halfdisappearing act ... But he's being used primarily as a receiver out of the backfield, and has more than ... It's not there for the running backs so that's different.
What kind of role will Duke Johnson have in 2nd half of ...
www.clevelandbrowns.com/...Duke-Johnson...2nd-hal...
Cleveland Browns
Nov 4, 2015 - Browns Mailbag: What kind of role will Duke Johnson have in 2nd half of season? ... Johnson had a minimal impact in Sunday's second half, and it was ... of the game, but there's no guarantee he'll do that against the Bengals.

3.6 ypc and 2 TDs behind what PFF ranked as one of the best offensive lines in football, so yes a terrific young talent

Also 534 yards receiving, 8.8 YPC catching passes from one of the shittiest QB's in the league and voted AFC North Rookie of the year.

It will be fun to see what he can do with a QB that will hopefully force defenses to play off the ball a bit and more than 6 carries per game.

Nothing to do with "competing" you draft Wentz or Goff and they win the job, see Oakland & Jacksonville. RGIII wins the job, or gets it handed to him to give the rookie time to adapt, and he's 1-5 and fans will be chanting for the rookie. How many times does this need to happen before history stops repeating itself.

You see that as a problem? I seem to remember Gary Danielson starting a few games for the Browns in 1985, got hurt, and then a guy by the name of Bernie Kosar took over. I'd sort of like that bit of history to repeat itself. :)

Also 534 yards receiving, 8.8 YPC catching passes from one of the shittiest QB's in the league and voted AFC North Rookie of the year.

It will be fun to see what he can do with a QB that will hopefully force defenses to play off the ball a bit and more than 6 carries per game.

Remember when Jordan Cameron was awesome too.

meaningless stats. There is more to football that a simple stat....

the Browns had no wr group to scare defenses, and

just so "NO" to your dumb reply next time.

Search Results
Where was Duke Johnson in the second half of the Cleveland
www.cleveland.com/.../where_was_duke_johnson_in_th...
The Plain Dealer
Nov 1, 2015 - Browns running back Duke Johnson fends off Arizona Cardinals free ... But the Browns did not target him in the second half with a pass as he ...
Browns' Wilbert Montgomery can't explain Duke Johnson's ...
www.cleveland.com/.../browns_wilbert_montgomery_c...
The Plain Dealer
Nov 18, 2015 - Browns' Wilbert Montgomery can't explain Duke Johnson's 2nd-halfdisappearing act ... But he's being used primarily as a receiver out of the backfield, and has more than ... It's not there for the running backs so that's different.
What kind of role will Duke Johnson have in 2nd half of ...
www.clevelandbrowns.com/...Duke-Johnson...2nd-hal...
Cleveland Browns
Nov 4, 2015 - Browns Mailbag: What kind of role will Duke Johnson have in 2nd half of season? ... Johnson had a minimal impact in Sunday's second half, and it was ... of the game, but there's no guarantee he'll do that against the Bengals.

Even the worst teams gain some yards. I admit he looks like a very good 3rd down option but a 200 carry guy he isn't

My point is that you can't logically shit talk an organization if they are performing better, regardless of how marginal the improvement is.

Nice, so at least we can give the Titans a big fuck you :wacko: . Maybe with some great planning we can become the Texans.

3.6 ypc and 2 TDs behind what PFF ranked as one of the best offensive lines in football, so yes a terrific young talent

Dear PFF, I just bought a set of Maserati Pistons, a Porsche radiator and a Rolls-Royce head gasket and install them on my Subaru Outback. Now it doesn't run. What's wrong?

WSS

"According to our algorithm, Michael Jordan was an o.k. pro."

.....and we should draft Dan Marino!!!

.....and we should draft Dan Marino!!!

The Browns didn't have a first round pick in 1983. They traded it away for ??? who knows what. I think we still had Brian Sipe playing for us then....though he may have moved to the USFL by then. (where he went to work for Donald Trump). Otherwise they had Paul McDonald. Not sure why they thought they didn't need a QB. They drafted WR Ron Brown in the second round that year....who became a decent player....for the Rams. Then they took Reggie Camp.

Anyone remember what they traded their 1983 1st round pick for? Magic beans?

Anyone remember what they traded their 1983 1st round pick for? Magic beans?

Hardly magic anything... Tom Cousineau.

Bills had the rights to him and we traded our 1983 1st for those rights.

Bills used the pick to take Jim Kelly.

Oh, yes, of course. (Insert here sound of hand smacking forehead) "We coulda had a V-8"

Well there ya go.....that pretty much sums up EVERYTHING!!!

Archived