THE BROWNS BOARD

Bombings In Brussels

One Post

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to sound cynical but how does this affect Hillary and Trump. I guess we'll all find out soon.

I have to imagine this is the nail in the coffin for Merkel. Her party lost two of three state elections last month. This helps Trump.

“There is something going on, Maria,” he said. “Go to Brussels. Go to Paris. Go to different places. There is something going on and it’s not good, where they want Shariah law, where they want this, where they want things that — you know, there has to be some assimilation. There is no assimilation. There is something bad going on.”

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world/europe/trump-finds-new-city-to-insult-brussels.html

Man, what a racist this guy is for suggesting that we temporarily restrict people of this religion from coming here! :rolleyes:

My older brother and his wife went to Brussels with us last Oct. and were in both those major places bombed today. We had decided that we were just as likely to get killed in a big city in America as we were to be killed by terrorists in Belgium. It's the luck of the draw. There were a lot of armed soldiers and police everywhere, but there were also a lot of Muslims everywhere. We thought the Grand Place in Brussels was greatly at risk due to the high number of tourists there in one central location.

There is breaking news, this entire incident was sparked by an anti-muslim video that has just surfaced on YouTube. More later...

WSS

They're nice and peace-loving people as long as you don't say anything bad about them or joke about them - then they kill you.

But really it's a shame every time one of these tragedies happens. Unfortunately the leaders in Europe don't seem to want to do anything about it. We can't have open borders in the world we live in - especially from countries where most of the population wants to see the western world burn.

If hillary wants to be in the white house she pretty much had to throw obamas immigration policies under the bus. Y'all know how lucky we are that south americans are as heavily chtistian as they are? Can u imagine what we'd be dealing with orherwise? At least in europe they have to cross a decent sized body of water. If europe really wanted to they could lock down the med ocean. Here, even with trumps wall we'd still have to put a third of our military down there. Wont be long before they make s drone capsble of hauling a person or two over the border a short distance. Would negate trumps wall almost overnight.

Our borders have been open for so long it is hard not to believe we don't already have terrorist sleeper cells (along with the homegrown terrorists) here in the U.S.that are capable of committing these type of terrorist attacks just waiting to be given the signal to attack.

Alright, I will try and be as level-headed as I can and take time to read my whole point. First, Islamic terrorism is a threat to society and I can understand the concern. Europe in particular faces the harsh reality of being a true European Union with open borders and terrorism. It's absolutely true that a small, vocal minority of Muslim people perpetuate all the hate violence and bad stuff like today.

I work with 100s of Muslim people on a monthly basis for various things. This is a true story, I actually personally knew a man who became radicalized and was caught attempting to fuel himself into ISIS. At this ratio, 1% or so of my personal experiences represents a bad group of people. The other majority of Muslims are people I see volunteering their time, condemning terrorist attacks, and generally making our campus a better place. I can understand the disdain for Muslims because they use violence at levels we simply can't comprehend. The pictures we see of gore and violence are jarring, and I get that. But, it's simply a misnomer that Muslim people are always the root of terrorism by its definition. This article goes into great detail about it: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

If we're using the logic of banning all people who fall under a group of people committing terrorism, then what about right-wing extremists?: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/11/30/3725562/you-are-more-than-7-times-as-likely-to-be-killed-by-a-right-wing-extemist-than-by-muslim-terrorists/.

My point is here is to critically think about the problem. If we as a nation ban people from coming (which is impossible to control), that's only going to get people on the fence madder and go to radicalization. The solution isn't flowers and love and no one thinks it is, but what I've said all along is shit just takes time. It's widely known ISIS is struggling financially and recruitment is going down. More and more leaders are condemning these groups and fighting against them. However, short of nuking the whole country and starting a world war time is a factor in the argument. Yes, I get it that sucks to say and people will likely perish before the problem is solved. But it's the harsh reality, and isolating a billion people in the process isn't the solution. It's hard but it's the solution that actually will see long-term results.

Our borders have been open for so long it is hard not to believe we don't already have terrorist sleeper cells (along with the homegrown terrorists) here in the U.S.that are capable of committing these type of terrorist attacks just waiting to be given the signal to attack.

We do, the FBI/DHS and the CIA likely know about and keep an eye on many of them - to gather as much intel as possible until they become an imminent threat.

If hillary wants to be in the white house she pretty much had to throw obamas immigration policies under the bus. Y'all know how lucky we are that south americans are as heavily chtistian as they are? Can u imagine what we'd be dealing with orherwise? At least in europe they have to cross a decent sized body of water. If europe really wanted to they could lock down the med ocean. Here, even with trumps wall we'd still have to put a third of our military down there. Wont be long before they make s drone capsble of hauling a person or two over the border a short distance. Would negate trumps wall almost overnight.

1) It's not happening - Hillary wants to expand upon Obama's foreign policy. It's going to be President Trump anyway, who formerly announced a non-interventionist policy and team recently.

2) In Europe the most common path seems to be across the Turkish border, not across the Mediterranean. In Europe the Muslim population per capita is already pretty high - and they are allowing in the refugees by the hundreds of thousands. They also pop out babies at a much faster rate.

3) We just have to expand ICE, don't need a military presence - though will need an expanded coast guard presence likely. The drone thing is unrealistic, and the good walls have things in them like tunnel detection - I'd assume a $10 billion trump wall would have that too.

I don't have a problem with Muslims, but they have to assimilate or get out. We have to know exactly who everybody is coming out of that region before letting them in, can't just open the flood gates.

So, basically, turn the other cheek?

Unfortunately I don't understand the political agenda of these people besides just berserking.

I also do understand that the idea of a little bit of racial profiling is not as outrageous as the left would like us to believe. It's an unfortunate truth but it exists for a reason.

WSS

So, basically, turn the other cheek?

Unfortunately I don't understand the political agenda of these people besides just berserking.

I also do understand that the idea of a little bit of racial profiling is not as outrageous as the left would like us to believe. It's an unfortunate truth but it exists for a reason.

WSS

It's time to racial profile. It's not some black kid stealing a bicycle or some white kid stealing a pack of shaved turkey breast it's killing on a massive level. Fuck Islam and all it brings. All it brings.

It's time to racial profile. It's not some black kid stealing a bicycle or some white kid stealing a pack of shaved turkey breast it's killing on a massive level. Fuck Islam and all it brings. All it brings.

I'm 100% curious, did you actually read the articles I said? By the logic you just said (racially profiling people of attacks) white people who identify as very Republican should be profiled. I'm sure that's completely different though somehow because they were all "lone wolfs"

I'm 100% curious, did you actually read the articles I said? By the logic you just said (racially profiling people of attacks) white people who identify as very Republican should be profiled. I'm sure that's completely different though somehow because they were all "lone wolfs"

Black person kills someone - all blacks are criminals

Muslim person kills someone - all muslims are criminals

White person kills someone - we really need to examine how we handle mental health in this country, clearly this person had problems and it's a tragedy we were not able to help them.

White person kills someone - we really need to examine how we handle mental health in this country, clearly this person had problems and it's a tragedy we were not able to help them.

When the explosions went off in Brussels, did you think it was white guys who did it?

No one is saying these things. The issue is that these refugees are coming from places where Sharia law is the law. These people, specifically, are going to have a difficult time assimilating to their new Western society. Until we have a good way of vetting who came from where - keeping in mind that some of these assholes are on twitter bragging about how they're sneaking in with other refugees - why on earth should we let them in?

Archived