THE BROWNS BOARD

Bombings In Brussels

One Post

I dunno, but I suspect the solution isn't letting in hundreds of thousands unvetted refugees from countries that hate the west into your country.

The fact that the neighborhood was throwing things and yelling at police while arresting that paris terrorist is troubling - it's also troubling what's happening with the rapes, many people getting robbed, harassed. The "no go zones" Trump talked about before and got criticized for are actually a real thing in parts of Europe.

If you're from a high-risk country then you either can't come temporarily (something that isn't unprecedented) - or you are subject to much stricter checks before entering the country. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Racial Profiling is advocating, and I quote with errors, "Or did someone advocated taking steps to more closely monitor them and even stop in and out privileges until the situation is better in hand"

Geeeezus Christ..

You're not making your self clear is the problem. Personally I have no problem with profiling. Profiling works.

I'm not entirely sure how you would enforce a background check specifically on all muslims though - as if a terrorist might not lie?

Yes, there are superficial similarities to the gun control debate, but no it's not the same.

In what way? At what costs? What do we profile?

Profiling already happens. Go on a flight with some friends of yours, one of whom is dark skinned with a big beard and see who gets 'randomly selected' for extra security.

No one is against a background checks. "Hey, you seem muslim, you're banned" isn't a background check though.

And on top of that, discrimination based on race and religion are only, ya know, fundamental protections and beliefs of this country. To portray that on any groups of people American citizens or not is pretty damn well against that principle.

I want background checks, but especially for refugees that happens heavily already (please see other posts). 45 people in the United States died between 9/11 and the end of 2015 due to Islamic Terrorist attacks. To justify a mass profiling system of Muslim people who as a faith have been responsible for less death than vending machines falling on people over the past 15 years seems pretty stupid and against the America I believe in.

you don't ask Muslims if they are terrorists, you find out

about them, their background, social media, etc.

You can't just let a hundred thousand of them in here all at once.

It's dangerous, very, very dangerous.

And on top of that, discrimination based on race and religion are only, ya know, fundamental protections and beliefs of this country. To portray that on any groups of people American citizens or not is pretty damn well against that principle.

I want background checks, but especially for refugees that happens heavily already (please see other posts). 45 people in the United States died between 9/11 and the end of 2015 due to Islamic Terrorist attacks. To justify a mass profiling system of Muslim people who as a faith have been responsible for less death than vending machines falling on people over the past 15 years seems pretty stupid and against the America I believe in.

Then why, if not on the basis of a religion or creed that wishes to do harm to the West, would you ever have any kind of background checks in the America that you believe in?

(I assume you don't advocated an open border?)

WSS

Then why, if not on the basis of a religion or creed that wishes to do harm to the West, would you ever have any kind of background checks in the America that you believe in?

(I assume you don't advocated an open border?)

WSS

Yes, as I plainly noted I'm in favor of background checks. But background checks that flatly discriminate based on skin color or religion on the misnomer of threat level is not the same as applying equitable background checks to all, and what has been suggested here.

The issue is that you can't properly give a background check when the institution that would have info on you got bombed to rumble a year prior.

So the solution some come up with is to not allow any Muslims in

The other option is to let in some refugees that may have a percentage that are dangerous (since we can't give them background checks)

Banning a group of people doesn't seem right to me.

So the solution some come up with is to not allow any Muslims in

The other option is to let in some refugees that may have a percentage that are dangerous (since we can't give them background checks)

Banning a group of people doesn't seem right to me.

I would ban immigrants from war torn dumps, regardless of religion or skin tone. Sorry, it might rub some the wrong way but not chancing it. Europe let them in and they got to see how that shakes out. Why repeat the same exercise?

I would ban immigrants from war torn dumps, regardless of religion or skin tone. Sorry, it might rub some the wrong way but not chancing it. Europe let them in and they got to see how that shakes out. Why repeat the same exercise?

Because skin color and religion! Tolerance and hugs.

Personally I already profile everyone all the time.

Say you go to a university, ok? Here's group A: engineering students. On Saturday night they're having a party in their dorm. They're having pizza and playing xbox and magic the gathering.

Now here's group B: football players. On Saturday night they're having a party in someone's dorm. They have a bunch of kegs and they're playing beer pong and pumping the music

Now you're the campus police. Which party do you figure you're more likely to have to go break up? That's profiling. Is it unfair? Maybe. Are you liable to be correct? Yes.

In what way? At what costs? What do we profile?

Are they from a country with a big Islamic population? Do they have skin/facial features that make them look like they have come from an Islamic country? If the answer to either of those is yes, then you give them extra scrutiny. It's really that simple.

My skin is darker than khaki. I have dark hair and thick, bushy eyebrows. I would totally be on the receiving end of this, but that's a small price to pay in order to reduce the odds of getting blown up or shot by some idiot with a political agenda.

10 times out of 10, I'd rather our country be thought to be a bunch of inconsiderate assholes, than to be the guy who was minding his own business and suddenly had a wooden shard go through his brain.

CeIzKpvWIAA4c3v.jpg

I seldom post on the political board, but I'll post this...

I have a nephew, by marriage, who is 1 year younger than I & a non Muslim Iranian. We are close as any 2 brothers. I called him on 9/12/2001 & asked him how he was doing & if he was under close scrutiny. He responded with, "I BETTER be. It was middle eastern men who did this & I want my family safe." We have talked many times about this & both agree that that there can be no effective security or law enforcement without profiling. Call it bigotry if you want, but common sense is common sense.

Mike

I seldom post on the political board, but I'll post this...

I have a nephew, by marriage, who is 1 year younger than I & a non Muslim Iranian. We are close as any 2 brothers. I called him on 9/12/2001 & asked him how he was doing & if he was under close scrutiny. He responded with, "I BETTER be. It was middle eastern men who did this & I want my family safe." We have talked many times about this & both agree that that there can be no effective security or law enforcement without profiling. Call it bigotry if you want, but common sense is common sense.

Mike

Similarly, I have close family friend (basically like an Uncle to me) who is Lebanese and was born in Lebanon. When he was traveling a lot he'd always get stopped a lot of course at "random" He said he had no problem with it and appreciated they were doing that - he served in Iraq for a long time as an interpreter.

Black person kills someone - all blacks are criminals

Muslim person kills someone - all muslims are criminals

White person kills someone - we really need to examine how we handle mental health in this country, clearly this person had problems and it's a tragedy we were not able to help them.

Stuart

Never fails. Liberal logic again.

First of all how do you racial profile a white in a country 80-90% white genius?

You could be assured that if whites were perpetrators of death and destruction in black countries, then white people would be subject to profiling...and you liberal pansy asses wouldn't be offended in the least.

Secondly, I put myself in their position. If I were a muzzie, the little inconvenience placed upon me because members of my sect commonly blow up innocent men women and children, profiling wouldn't bother me in the least. I would understand.

Stuart

Never fails. Liberal logic again.

First of all how do you racial profile a white in a country 80-90% white genius?

You could be assured that if whites were perpetrators of death and destruction in black countries, then white people would be subject to profiling...and you liberal pansy asses wouldn't be offended in the least.

Secondly, I put myself in their position. If I were a muzzie, the little inconvenience placed upon me because members of my sect commonly blow up innocent men women and children, profiling wouldn't bother me in the least. I would understand.

Except white people only make up 63% of the country, but hilarious try. I'm sure your arguments are always based in sound data and factual observations. Honestly, how can you guys not look up what you're saying beforehand? I disagree with people on here but at least give credit and respect those who use data to argue their points. Spouting off like an idiot and being plainly wrong when the miracle of the modern world is two clicks away is mind blowing.

You know, the funniest part about this is that your in favor of racially profiling minority groups. So what happens when white people become less than 50% of the population by 2043? Knowledge is power!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/percentage-non-hispanic-whites-hits-all-time-63-article-1.1371772

Ironic you use the phrase knowledge is power.

Of course regardless of race whenever a group of people becomes more educated productive and successful they tend to reproduce less.

So what happens? I guess you can answer your own question.

WSS

The movie idiocracy becomes real life? Great film btw if you haven't watched it.

Fuck it then let's let all the Muslims in and blow us up? Let's be soft and draw this nation closer to failure.

Except now for probably the 20th time that's never what I said or advocate for. It's not even worth repeating if you haven't surmised it yet.

Don't mean to come of so mean but I have a right to. I had a close family member die in Afganistan. The war on terrorism is different for the ones who lost family. You think the muslims give a shit really?

Fuck them all and what they might bring in and get pissed about it whatever. If you're not with us you're against us.

See an idiot just told you what the fuck is up.

Archived