THE BROWNS BOARD

And another option

Westside Steve

Steve when all is said and done- I won't be surprised if we have 5- 1\2 QBs on the roster at the start of OTAs. McCown, RG III, Wentz\ Goff, Davis, Shaw, Pryor (Wild Dawg).

I'm not sure that's an optimal situation. Obviously, we won't keep all of them.

And Paxton Lynch, the right choice, won't even be on our radar.................... of course once we realize we AGAIN passed on a Big Ben type.... the "analytics" will come out.

Paxton is the best QB in the group.

Why just because he's from Memphis? Every talent evaluator has Lynch as only the third best qb this year. Ya want a Big Ben type? FYI, Wentz is 6'5", 237. Rothlisberger is 6'5" 240. Ya gonna tell me 3 pounds makes a difference?

Lynch might even be there when the Browns start the second day of the draft @ pick #32.

And Paxton Lynch, the right choice, won't even be on our radar.................... of course once we realize we AGAIN passed on a Big Ben type.... the "analytics" will come out.

Don't be so certain. This flirtation with RGIII may indeed signal that the Browns are not as high on the Goff/Wentz combo as everyone else on here is.

If they sign RGIII....to me that signals that they may look elsewhere besides #2 for a QB.

Ideally, perhaps, would be if they could do a trade down.....get 2 first rounders.....one of them being Lynch later in round one, plus a defender.

But no one has the ammo to make that trade. Even though I have been in the Bosa camp......getting more talent at more positions would still be better.

Why just because he's from Memphis? Every talent evaluator has Lynch as only the third best qb this year. Ya want a Big Ben type? FYI, Wentz is 6'5", 237. Rothlisberger is 6'5" 240. Ya gonna tell me 3 pounds makes a difference?

Lynch might even be there when the Browns start the second day of the draft @ pick #32.

And if the Browns do what I want....and Lynch is there at #32....it might be smart to get him. Drew Brees was a #32 pick. Derek Carr is looking good and he was drafted around that time. Dalton I believe was #35. Kaepernick #36

It might not be such a bad spot to get a QB.

And if the Browns do what I want....and Lynch is there at #32....it might be smart to get him. Drew Brees was a #32 pick. Derek Carr is looking good and he was drafted around that time. Dalton I believe was #35. Kaepernick #36

It might not be such a bad spot to get a QB.

Only if we trade down and get multiple 2nd round and later picks. If we stay at 2, there's still too many positions that need filled.

Only if we trade down and get multiple 2nd round and later picks. If we stay at 2, there's still too many positions that need filled.

Well, with a trade down I would expect to get at least 2 first round picks. Problem being with this group is that they may be willing to wait to get those pick next year or the year after. I understand that is good for them....because they can afford to be patient. At age 64 I can't afford that. I want those picks this year, right now. But it probably will be a long haul process for these guys.

I think Lynch is gone by 32. And if they sign RGIII, it's not a sign

that they aren't going to pick a qb at 2, it means that

they don't want to have good old McCown get hurt, or RGIII, and have to throw

..Wentz...into the fire.

I think Lynch is gone by 32. And if they sign RGIII, it's not a sign

that they aren't going to pick a qb at 2, it means that

they don't want to have good old McCown get hurt, or RGIII, and have to throw

..Wentz...into the fire.

For what it would cost the Browns to get RGIII I see no reason not to put him into the mix. And as I said elsewhere the mix could...should? include RG as putative starter to begin the season, McCown as veteran backup, rookie as potential future option, Pryor at WR...but also solely as emergency backup. Shaw perhaps again to the taxi squad, and Davis probably aufed.

Paxton Lynch is a moron.. he has 0 leadership qualities... God what are you smoking , Tommy?

Archived