THE BROWNS BOARD

Of all the major sports teams, are the Browns the furthest from a title?. .

gmp

Once again, glad to see this is your opinion. I'll be getting my Browns Super Bowl tattoo very soon, then.

Just the fact's Ma'am....

I can't see anyone that's worse off. And you know what, that's fine with me. We just need to STICK WITH THE PLAN and we will be fine. 4-5 years. Everyone strap up. Let's do this.

The plan is the team will be moving.. I have no doubt about it now.

I'd say the Sixers are the farthest away

Not so my friend. I probably follow the NBA closer than most here. The 76ers have stockpiled a truckload of first round picks, and they have a decent young talent base already. In theory, Philly could cash in SIX first round picks this June, including their own- which well could be the #1 overall. I doubt they will use them all. But they have plenty of bargaining chips to trade for players or future first round considerations.

The NBA is an entirely different critter than the NFL, one super-dooper-star has far more impact on a team in basketball than in football. Take Curry off the Warriors, or LeBron off the Cavs- and I'd bet either team wouldn't be favored to make it to the NBA Finals. The Thunder would be the Blunder without Durant. Speaking of OKC- dumbest move in the history of pro sports, letting "The Beard" Harden walk. They keep him and it's hi NBA Championship.

Not so my friend. I probably follow the NBA closer than most here. The 76ers have stockpiled a truckload of first round picks, and they have a decent young talent base already. In theory, Philly could cash in SIX first round picks this June, including their own- which well could be the #1 overall. I doubt they will use them all. But they have plenty of bargaining chips to trade for players or future first round considerations.

The NBA is an entirely different critter than the NFL, one super-dooper-star has far more impact on a team in basketball than in football. Take Curry off the Warriors, or LeBron off the Cavs- and I'd bet either team wouldn't be favored to make it to the NBA Finals. The Thunder would be the Blunder without Durant. Speaking of OKC- dumbest move in the history of pro sports, letting "The Beard" Harden walk. They keep him and it's hi NBA Championship.

I agree with you on the Sixers but if you're as big of an NBA fan as you say, you'd realize the Harden trade wasn't even the worst trade in the past 5-6 years. That'd be the Nets bankrupting their future for the Celtics over the hill pieces. The Nets don't control their own draft picks until 2019 and have at best one marginal franchise piece in Lopez who just so happens to be injury prone.

Was the Harden trade a good one? Hell no, but Harden wouldn't have won the Thunder any titles. Untimely injuries to their big three, first Westbrook, then Serge, then the wasted year last year with Durant, are the reason they haven't won yet.

I agree with you on the Sixers but if you're as big of an NBA fan as you say, you'd realize the Harden trade wasn't even the worst trade in the past 5-6 years. That'd be the Nets bankrupting their future for the Celtics over the hill pieces. The Nets don't control their own draft picks until 2019 and have at best one marginal franchise piece in Lopez who just so happens to be injury prone.

Was the Harden trade a good one? Hell no, but Harden wouldn't have won the Thunder any titles. Untimely injuries to their big three, first Westbrook, then Serge, then the wasted year last year with Durant, are the reason they haven't won yet.

Well, a little OT, but if OKC had Westbrook, Durant, and Harden all healthy- they would have had a legit title shot, just MHO.

Speaking of healthy- last year with a healthy Love and Irving- the Cavs just might have pulled it off. Could be interesting this year. I'm sure you've noticed LeBron has been in Beast Mode the last couple of games. If Kyrie hadn't been stinking the place out- they would have beaten the Nets. Key will be Love & Irving being able to hit 3 pointers. Yeah picking up Frye was a good move, they just might be able to match the Warriors in outside firepower.

Philly has drafted Noel, Carter-Williams, Efrid Payton, Joel Embiid & Jahlil Okafor. They may be worst than the Browns at drafting talent and there isn't any real talent in this years draft with the exception of Simmons. The Thunder won 45 games last year without Durant and in no world could afford Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

Highly subjective. As others have pointed out, different leagues have different requirements and that make it harder or easier for a turn around. Plus some folks may simply be going off of which teams are currently bad with a poor staff or roster. But there is also the organization to consider. I mean, I know the Steelers aren't exactly popular on these forums to put it mildly, but, I can guarantee that if they had the Brown's record of performance the past few seasons the Rooney's and their front office would get that mess turned around a lot faster than Haslam and company ever could. I think that's why many folks will still say Browns despite talking about trades, injuries, and what not on other losing teams. You don't get the nickname "factory of sadness" for nothing.

Well, a little OT, but if OKC had Westbrook, Durant, and Harden all healthy- they would have had a legit title shot, just MHO.

Speaking of healthy- last year with a healthy Love and Irving- the Cavs just might have pulled it off. Could be interesting this year. I'm sure you've noticed LeBron has been in Beast Mode the last couple of games. If Kyrie hadn't been stinking the place out- they would have beaten the Nets. Key will be Love & Irving being able to hit 3 pointers. Yeah picking up Frye was a good move, they just might be able to match the Warriors in outside firepower.

All Harden would have provided was scoring punch off the bench and towards the end of the game. However with Harden's D, it would've been a wash. As long as the Thunder stay healthy, they'll have a shot. They match up extremely well with the Spurs and I think they have the talent and ability to put out a small ball line up that can go toe to toe with the Dubs. They haven't rolled that lineup out yet though (Westbrook, Waiters/Payne/Marrow, Roberson, KD, and Ibaka.)

As for the Cavs, they are at their strongest with LeBron running the show. When he's out there with Kyrie and Love, there are too many mouths to feed and too many holes in the D. The reason the Cavs put up as much of a fight as they did last year was because they had an actual identity (aka LeBron running the show and everyone else playing D, spacing the floor and getting boards), something they are lacking this year. I could go into my disapproval of the Love trade but I fault others on here for bitching about what could've been so I won't do the same.

Regardless, Frye was a hell of a pick up and he should help down the stretch. If the Cavs can figure out the best rotation (which if it were up to me, would be Kyrie, either Delly or JR, Shump, LeBron and Thompson) and stay healthy, they should have a shot in the finals as long as they don't try to sleep walk through the east. However beating the Dubs isn't going to be about having more firepower then them, it's going to be about disrupting and making them uncomfortable.

I'm not going to lie though, I have a feeling the Dubs won't make it to the Finals. Call it a hunch.

Philly has drafted Noel, Carter-Williams, Efrid Payton, Joel Embiid & Jahlil Okafor. They may be worst than the Browns at drafting talent and there isn't any real talent in this years draft with the exception of Simmons. The Thunder won 45 games last year without Durant and in no world could afford Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

The Sixers might have technically drafted Payton but he was always going to be traded. MCW played for them for a year and a half before they shipped him off for a potentially great draft pick this coming year. Noel and Okafor were great value picks and Embiid is still an unknown. Regardless, each and every one of those players were drafted with the intent of taking the best value. Like Horta said earlier, they have a ton of draft picks this year and there has already been rumors of them looking to move Okafor.

Let's say they end up with the 2nd and 4th picks in the draft this year, which is very possible. They could take Ingram and Kris Dunn. That gives them a PG and a SF with some range. If they are rolling at a starting five of:

PG: Dunn, Ish Smith/McConnell

SG: Hollis Thompson/ Nik Stakus

SF: Ingram / Covington

PF: Noel / Saric

C: Okafor (Noel)/ Embiid

That's just a rough projection but that's a young, athletic team with a ton of potential. I'm not sure if they would be on the level of the Wolves, Bucks or Jazz (the Jazz probably don't deserve to be in that grouping but I like what they have to work with) but it's a pretty solid foundation to build upon.

Granted, the NBA is a different animal from the NFL so it's difficult to compare them but in terms of potential, I'd say the Sixers have done better than the Browns at this point. The best comparison for the Browns in the NBA in terms of drafting would probably be the Magic. Never bad enough to pick at the very top and always find a way to squander the talent they do pick up, usually by misuse or ill fitting for the system that is run.

Plus the Sixers are actually committed, or at least have been longer than we have, to a complete rebuild with the same coaching staff.

Oh no, no, no. The Fucking Browns are on the cusp of the SB.

This fucking team is dead on the right track. First of all, we have no QB, but added Black Fran Tarkenton............. hooray

Fran Tarkenton led his team to 3 Super Bowls...no wins...but he got there 3 times. I will take my chances on winning one if we got there 3 times.

, here comes more 3'd and 28 situations. Gotta love that, right? We have no running backs, how dangerous for other teams is that? They must be shitting their pants. We don't have a pass rush, and have a quastionable WR group. Very impreesive.

We have couple of pretty good RBs: Crowell and Duke. Questionable WR group? Yes. No pass rush....some but not enough.

They invested exactly -0- to get this guy....except a little bit of backup QB money.

Add to this, we have an autistic, lard ass OL named Joe Thomas, who, while not having improved his team in ANY MEASURABLE manner............. is going to the HOW.

Hey....they got an offensive skill player.....which you have been bitching about as something they should do....and when they do...you are still not happy. In lieu of RG they could, I guess, have signed another OL.

We have one exec named Sushi who never did shit in football, and a Retard named Da Podcaster who is known for not delivering and having his fomulae dissolve when the pressure starts.

And look at where all the "Football Guys" running this team have gotten us.

As for the Cavs, they are at their strongest with LeBron running the show. When he's out there with Kyrie and Love, there are too many mouths to feed and too many holes in the D. The reason the Cavs put up as much of a fight as they did last year was because they had an actual identity (aka LeBron running the show and everyone else playing D, spacing the floor and getting boards), something they are lacking this year. I could go into my disapproval of the Love trade but I fault others on here for bitching about what could've been so I won't do the same.

Regardless, Frye was a hell of a pick up and he should help down the stretch. If the Cavs can figure out the best rotation (which if it were up to me, would be Kyrie, either Delly or JR, Shump, LeBron and Thompson) and stay healthy, they should have a shot in the finals as long as they don't try to sleep walk through the east. However beating the Dubs isn't going to be about having more firepower then them, it's going to be about disrupting and making them uncomfortable.

I'm not going to lie though, I have a feeling the Dubs won't make it to the Finals. Call it a hunch.

Well, I did hear come playoff time the best spot to play LeBron is at the 4. Regarding Love- he's a serious defensive liability- posting him up is an almost automatic score, and just an OK rebounder. TT is as effective in that regard, but he has no range on his shot. If Kevin isn't hitting his threes, may as well sit him.

I agree with your opinion. If the Cavs make it to the Finals and play the Warriors- you better put Shump on Curry. I do think with the addition of Frye, they can match anyone with outside firepower- if they're hitting them, see below.

PS I'm still pissed the way the Cavs blew the Rockets game- no excuse for that one. :(

Well, I did hear come playoff time the best spot to play LeBron is at the 4. Regarding Love- he's a serious defensive liability- posting him up is an almost automatic score, and just an OK rebounder. TT is as effective in that regard, but he has no range on his shot. If Kevin isn't hitting his threes, may as well sit him.

I agree with your opinion. If the Cavs make it to the Finals and play the Warriors- you better put Shump on Curry. I do think with the addition of Frye, they can match anyone with outside firepower- if they're hitting them, see below.

PS I'm still pissed the way the Cavs blew the Rockets game- no excuse for that one. :(

This team just has an innate way of playing soft when it really matters... you could add Mello to this team and they'll still be Steph Curry's bitches!!

Archived