THE BROWNS BOARD

Border Wall

MLD Woody

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, in those quotes and in their respective context, they are describing two different things.

Why are you pro Trump Vapor? Do you actually think he'll do a good job, or do care more about what it represents (anti-establishment stuff). Or is he just the lesser of two (or four) evils?

It is a good scapegoat when your party loses an election too

Oh they will probably lose anyway. But you can't deny the truth, well seriously anyway.

Hillary's motto: man-hating and race-baiting.

The platform? More free shit that even Bernie offers!

PS that's not exactly what a scapegoat is.

WSS

I do get the point but I don't think you stepped up to the fact that it is true. You just don't want it to be true.

Frankly I like Bernie Sanders and think he's an honest man. I think he really wants to give all this wonderful shit to the American people.

(Hillary is just a cheap parrot).

And I do understand about grumbling over corporations and rich people butt just by punishing them does not make anyone else's life enriched.

Respectfully could you list me a few of his proposals that don't include redistribution of wealth? Free shit as I call it?

What do you do with the profits from taxing the fuck out of the polluters as you call him?

Keep in mind that even slashing the military, which isn't really a ridiculous proposition, is meant to free up more tax money to give away.

WSS

To be fair, in those quotes and in their respective context, they are describing two different things.

Why are you pro Trump Vapor? Do you actually think he'll do a good job, or do care more about what it represents (anti-establishment stuff). Or is he just the lesser of two (or four) evils?

I just can't stand John Oliver. He symbolizes most everything I hate about hipster douchebag SJW culture. He paints those who disagree with him as bigoted, moron, hillbillies, and the holier-than-thou attitude coming from a Brit just really irks me. Ironically, these anti-Trump videos he makes are doing more for Trump's cause than most of Trump's rallies (with the exception of the Chicago one). I have never seen this amount of hate directed toward a candidate (and that includes Obama, who I voted for), than I do when I see the comments on these videos posted to facebook. The number of people calling for the assassination of Trump is absolutely disgusting. He disagrees with them on black lives matter and what to do about Islamic terrorism, so these people think he should be killed? The majority of comments on those videos are more along the lines of "hahahaha look at this idiot Trump, anyone who supports him is some kind of wet biscuit retαrd!" When I see shit like that, it makes me want to vote for him more just to watch these "tolerant" morons squirm.

This guy sums up how I feel about the reaction to these John Oliver videos: https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/4892ak/last_week_tonight_with_john_oliver_donald_trump/d0i64oz

As for why I'm pro-Trump?

I actually agree with his immigration platform. In college, I was very involved with secular and leftist activism, but I cannot for the life of me understand why so many liberals give Islam a pass, when they critique Christianity for much lesser things. These Sharia-law abiding jerks hate homosexuals. They don't respect women. Why on earth are Europeans letting so many of them into their country when they do not tolerate values that are important to European culture? Merkel is so eager to show the world that Germany isn't Nazis anymore, that they're letting their cultural identity get suffocated by these Wahhabists.

I don't really care about the wall one way or another. I think it's funny how pissed off it makes some people. The biggest drug bust in Ohio last year, was a million dollar heroin bust that happened in Dayton. That heroin came from Mexico. So, I think there's a problem, but I'm not entirely sure of the right answer. I wonder if we'd be better off legalizing recreational drug use. The crime that goes along with the illegal drug trade is bad news.

Outside of immigration, he's the most moderate GOP candidate. Planned Parenthood, if you ask anyone else he's running against, is nothing more than a bunch of babykillers. Meanwhile, Trump actually defended it IN SOUTH CAROLINA AT THE GOP DEBATE. The absolute worst thing that could happen to this country is Ted Cruz as president. Say goodbye to decades of progress we've made on social issues if that piece of trash appoints 3 SCOTUS justices. Trump has shifted the goalposts when it comes to campaign finance - $200 million dollars have been spent on advertising for failed candidates. I thought these organizations that ran the country were invincible, but then this loudmouthed, asshole billionaire comes along, waving his middle finger at the establishment and causing all sorts of jams in their well-oiled machine. He single-handedly ended the Bush dynasty, made Rubio like a robot, he's making Cruz look like a buffoon and hypocrite with this sex scandal. He's going to prevent a Clinton dynasty from happening. I don't give a damn how insensitive he is; Trump is pointing out many things that common people hate about the political process and he's bringing them center stage. I absolutely love it.

Do I think he'll do a good job? I think he'll be better than Hillary and Cruz, that's for sure.

I just can't stand John Oliver. He symbolizes most everything I hate about hipster douchebag SJW culture. He paints those who disagree with him as bigoted, moron, hillbillies, and the holier-than-thou attitude coming from a Brit just really irks me. Ironically, these anti-Trump videos he makes are doing more for Trump's cause than most of Trump's rallies (with the exception of the Chicago one). I have never seen this amount of hate directed toward a candidate (and that includes Obama, who I voted for), than I do when I see the comments on these videos posted to facebook. The number of people calling for the assassination of Trump is absolutely disgusting. He disagrees with them on black lives matter and what to do about Islamic terrorism, so these people think he should be killed? The majority of comments on those videos are more along the lines of "hahahaha look at this idiot Trump, anyone who supports him is some kind of wet biscuit retαrd!" When I see shit like that, it makes me want to vote for him more just to watch these "tolerant" morons squirm.

This guy sums up how I feel about the reaction to these John Oliver videos: https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/4892ak/last_week_tonight_with_john_oliver_donald_trump/d0i64oz

I actually agree with his immigration platform. In college, I was very involved with secular and leftist activism, but I cannot for the life of me understand why so many liberals give Islam a pass, when they critique Christianity for much lesser things. These Sharia-law abiding jerks hate homosexuals. They don't respect women. Why on earth are Europeans letting so many of them into their country when they do not tolerate values that are important to European culture? Merkel is so eager to show the world that Germany isn't Nazis anymore, that they're letting their cultural identity get suffocated by these Wahhabists.

I don't really care about the wall one way or another. I think it's funny how pissed off it makes some people. The biggest drug bust in Ohio last year, was a million dollar heroin bust that happened in Dayton. That heroin came from Mexico. So, I think there's a problem, but I'm not entirely sure of the right answer. I wonder if we'd be better off legalizing recreational drug use. The crime that goes along with the illegal drug trade is bad news.

Outside of immigration, he's the most moderate GOP candidate. Planned Parenthood, if you ask anyone else he's running against, is nothing more than a bunch of babykillers. Meanwhile, Trump actually defended it IN SOUTH CAROLINA AT THE GOP DEBATE. The absolute worst thing that could happen to this country is Ted Cruz as president. Say goodbye to decades of progress we've made on social issues if that piece of trash appoints 3 SCOTUS justices. Trump has shifted the goalposts when it comes to campaign finance - $200 million dollars have been spent on advertising for failed candidates. I thought these organizations that ran the country were invincible, but then this loudmouthed, asshole billionaire comes along, waving his middle finger at the establishment and causing all sorts of jams in their well-oiled machine. He single-handedly ended the Bush dynasty, made Rubio like a robot, he's making Cruz look like a buffoon and hypocrite with this sex scandal. He's going to prevent a Clinton dynasty from happening. I don't give a damn how insensitive he is; Trump is pointing out many things that common people hate about the political process and he's bringing them center stage. I absolutely love it.

Do I think he'll do a good job? I think he'll be better than Hillary and Cruz, that's for sure.

Lord knows (I know you're an atheist) you and I disagree on almost everything for years. But I agree with you on this 100 percent.

The wall thing is a joke just because there is no way it will get done. It is a unicorn. It is not a bad idea because border security is important but it is a pipe dream.

The wall is easy - the only problem is politics and lobbyists.

Before the PC culture was in full force everybody wanted the wall - especially Democrats like Hillary Clinton, but the lobbyists never wanted it - alas here we are today

The wall would have to be a mile high for it to really prevent shit. I loved the part where it dawned on Trump mid sentence that people with a rope could circumvent his brilliant wall. I do agree with securing the border somehow though. I think a giant moat would be harder to cross than a wall. If the side leading to the U.S is just a slick wall of mud that would be hard to get up. And i'm assuming it would cost a shit ton less to dig a giant deep moat.

Need a killer laser on the top of the wall. That would do it.

Just zap the slugs into nothing. Or, a stun laser that zaps them back fifty yards.

Don't want broken bones? don't want to get fatally zapped? stay the hell out of our country.

Gotta think out of the box...er....wall.

Need a killer laser on the top of the wall. That would do it.

Just zap the slugs into nothing. Or, a stun laser that zaps them back fifty yards.

Don't want broken bones? don't want to get fatally zapped? stay the hell out of our country.

Gotta think out of the box...er....wall.

Beautiful

So a combination of the anti establishment thing, the fact he's the most moderate of the Reps (and a general election Trump may shed some conservative baggage) and the lack of a good Dem candidate

That's fair. I agree with a lot of that. I guess I just put more stock in his assholishness.

We'll have to see what the option are in November

The wall would have to be a mile high for it to really prevent shit. I loved the part where it dawned on Trump mid sentence that people with a rope could circumvent his brilliant wall. I do agree with securing the border somehow though. I think a giant moat would be harder to cross than a wall. If the side leading to the U.S is just a slick wall of mud that would be hard to get up. And i'm assuming it would cost a shit ton less to dig a giant deep moat.

The wall is working for countries like hungary, israel.

Something like barbed wire could circumvent the rope problem - and some of these walls have tunnel detection nowadays. Of course it'd have to be combined with increased border patrol presence also.

The other thing people worry about - disturbing natural animal habitats, I'm not sure what you could really do about that.

Meanwhile, Trump actually defended it IN SOUTH CAROLINA AT THE GOP DEBATE. The absolute worst thing that could happen to this country is Ted Cruz as president. Say goodbye to decades of progress we've made on social issues if that piece of trash appoints 3 SCOTUS justices. Vapor

Now I really know we need to DUMP TRUMP. The more he blathers on, the more I believe he

really doesn't want to win the election - he is there to eventually laugh and lose it to higgardly.

Thanks, now I am all in for a new nominee in a contested covention. Absolutely. Here is my suggestion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thune

Just my 2 cents, I think you're reading too much into John Oliver. The simple fact is that he's a comedian first and his show is a comedy show. It's no different than John Stewart or Colbert were. He's playing to what people want to hear and people take it at face value. Most level-headed people realize he's strictly showing one side and is pandering for comedy and views.

Honestly, what he's doing is nearly identical to what Trump is doing just on the other side of the spectrum.

Archived