THE BROWNS BOARD

Wanted: A Muslim Speaker

One Post

You have the good and the bad Muslims. If most are confused which is which someone must stand up and speak against the bad. Dr. Martin Luther King stood up and brought eventual peace it could be done again but on a global level.

Stand up unite because if you don't you all will fail.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they kill you for simply wishing Christians to have a happy Easter I think that speaks volumes for why nobody wants to come forward.

Family of Muslim Man Who Was Killed After Posting Loving Message to Christians and Jesus Are ‘Scared for Our Lives’

Asad Shah was murdered in his shop in Glasgow on Thursday hours after posting a message on Facebook professing love for Christians and Jesus and wishing Christians a happy Easter.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/28/family-muslim-man-who-was-killed-after-posting-loving-message-to-christians-and-jesus-are-scared-for-our-lives/

Befriending Non-Believers

Are Muslims allowed to be friends with Christians, Jews or other non-Muslims?

Unbelievers are described by Muhammad (in the Quran) as "the vilest of animals" and "losers." Christians and Jews are hated by Allah to the extent that they are destined for eternal doom as a result of their beliefs. It would make no sense for Muhammad to then recommend that they be taken as friends by Muslims. In fact, the Quran plainly orders believers not to take unbelievers as friends.

Cultural superiority is a doctrine of Islam that actually has a name; it's called Jahiliyya - and literally means thatany culture without Islam is "ignorant and stupid." Stunning bigotry by Islamic scholars is so casual that it often goes unnoticed. For example, a 2007 fatwa responds to a question on whether Muslims can swim in a pool in which a non-Muslim has swam:

If the size of the public pool is more than 225 sq ft (20.9 m2) then it is considered a large body of water and will not become impure by non-Muslims swimming in it. If the pool is less then 225 sq ft (20.9 m2), then if the non-Muslim had taken a bath before swimming, the water will be pure since there is no impurity on him. If he did not take a bath before swimming and it is certain that there was impurity on him before he swam, then the pool is impure and all the water must be removed and refilled with clean water.

Even though they are explicitly kufr (unbelievers, Quran 5:17, 4:44-59) Jews and Christians are given special status in the Quran. So, if Muhammad warned believers against taking them as friends, then it surely is not permissible for Muslims to befriend atheists or those of other religions.

Some Muslims interpret this to mean that they should not even act friendly toward nonbelievers; fortunately, many do not. Islamic TV preacher Sheikh Muhammad Hassan says that a Muslim is not permitted even to smile at a non-Muslim. A fatwa from Islam Q&A permits infidels to be dealt with "in a kind manner in the hope that they might become Muslim," but it warns Muslims against taking unbelievers as "sincere friends" (The same site also encourages Muslims to "stop keeping company with Christians and replace them with Muslim friends").

I don't understand the Muslims vs really violent terrorist "Muslims" both claiming, by the millions/hundreds

of thousands... adherence to the Koran. Just seems like the Koran is an all-pervasive blanket that socially,

politically, legally, and religiously permeates everything - at least to a lot of the..."not really Muslim Muslims"

It's confusing. I honestly don't get it.

I don't understand the Muslims vs really violent terrorist "Muslims" both claiming, by the millions/hundreds

of thousands... adherence to the Koran. Just seems like the Koran is an all-pervasive blanket that socially,

politically, legally, and religiously permeates everything - at least to a lot of the..."not really Muslim Muslims"

It's confusing. I honestly don't get it.

There are a ton of denominations of Christianity who interpret the Bible differently from one another. However, none of the denominations found a way to interpret it where they declare war on everyone who isn't them.

The Koran makes it pretty easy to be interpreted that way. Written by a desert bandit. Lots of head chopping. No reformation or "New Testament" equivalent.

Maajid Nawaz and the Quilliam Foundation http://www.quilliamfoundation.org do good work agains Islamist extremism. Maajid'S backstory is interesting, and it gives me hope that we can combat extremism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIzHuESemu4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf7W_z3b8U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ0LHBpWd4E

My eyes got opened years ago watching a show on television where moderate Muslims were condemning violence and advocating peace and they won me over until the end of the show where the moderator brought out verses of violence against infidels and asked the moderate Muslims if they would say this is wrong. NOPE they would not and then I saw it. it is the koran itself that is the problem. Most of what we call moderate Muslims are those who simply do not follow the teachings of the koran much like some who (say they) are Christians do not follow the teachings of the bible. But to be a koran believing Muslim it will produce the results we are seeing.

Except there are plenty of Muslim groups that have condemned acts like this and ISIS. That just doesn't make for click baity news

http://m.pe.com/articles/people-798004-muslim-attack.html

Stuart

In the wake of many terrorist attacks some Muslim leader or group makes a cameo appearance. Don't be so naïve Woody, they've got to at least appear on the up and up.

I'm not saying none are sincere, but it is difficult to determine when Islam and the Koran preaches it is OK to lie and be deceitful if it promotes Islam.

Look it up.

Btw...the article you linked there was this statement by the Imam:

“We are totally condemning what’s happening in Europe,” he said. “It’s just a crisis.”

What do suppose he meant by that Woody? Or is he just an Islamophobe?

Except there are plenty of Muslim groups that have condemned acts like this and ISIS. That just doesn't make for click baity news

http://m.pe.com/articles/people-798004-muslim-attack.html

Condemning them isn't enough. Not when they're suicide bombing every other day. They need to raise an army and deal with it.

Yeah. Muslims who are "sick" of these "non muslims" killing people daily in the name of islam need to do something about it then. All the powers that be over there have manpower. Saudi, Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, various others. That they refuse to do anything about it implies that they either don't care or support it. You denounce the KKK but how is that helping anyone? Except the KKK doesn't kill 30-70 or more people in high profile attacks all over the world every couple of days.

Yeah. Muslims who are "sick" of these "non muslims" killing people daily in the name of islam need to do something about it then. All the powers that be over there have manpower. Saudi, Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, various others. That they refuse to do anything about it implies that they either don't care or support it. You denounce the KKK but how is that helping anyone? Except the KKK doesn't kill 30-70 or more people in high profile attacks all over the world every couple of days.

Like this? http://time.com/3727926/isis-jordan-king-abdullah/

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/18/jordans-king-abdullah-ii-facing-third-world-war-isis/

How is your fight going against Christian terrorist groups in Africa? Have you raised an army to fight them yet?

My dislike for Muslims as a whole is because of terrorism. They're not all terrorists of course but action needs to take place. A person needs to be the face of unity and before it does I don't trust any of them.

My brother opened a card shop in the early 90's and he had a partner that was Islam. It was my first encounter with one and he was kind and fare. But that's about it. I see Muslims all the time at work and most are rude because they don't understand wtf is going on. I had one ask me if he was in il. I told him yes and he argued with me he was in Indiana. I thot " goddamn someone hired this freako?"

Pilot has a machine to get receipts from called a kiosk. It stands alone so if a driver needs a receipt he can get in and out quickly. Well....I seen one at the ATM trying to get a fuel receipt ya it's that bad.

First: I'm not a christian, jackass.

Second: no one cares about africa, not even africans.

Third: that's one. Where's the others?

1) Alright. Then why aren't any of the Christians on here condemning those attacks? Why aren't they creating an army and going to fight?

2) Your ignorance can't be used as a "point" here

3) Oh, have you been studying at Cal's "Throw It All at the Wall and Hope Something Sticks" school?

3a) Can we agree you were wrong about having Jordan on that list?

3b) Next up, Egypt

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Aug-13/267022-al-azhar-condemns-isis-as-corrupt-and-a-danger-to-islam.ashx

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/egypt-bombs-isis-in-revenge-for-beheadings/

Jordan is certainly talking and might have committed to airstrikes (which, by the way are largely ineffective) but apparently the only ones with the balls to actually fight are the Kurds and I commend them for it. They're not really muslims though. The muslims aren't really doing shit.

Look at the laSt fifteen years of fighting in the middle east and let's talk about how effective bombing and airstrikes are, really. If they want to put an end to this they need (anyone would need to: not just muslims) put troops on the ground. Put guns in their hands and fight and kill them. They would need to raise an army. Airstrikes, in history, have never defeated anyone except nuclear strikes on a severely weakened japan.

Overwhelming airstrikes didn't defeat germany or britan or Korea or Vietnam. They haven't defeated the Iraqi insurgency in 15 years. Airstrikes are a support measure not a primary warfare measure unless you go nuclear.

Massive losses of manpower at stalingrad (and others but stalingrand was the decisive battle that turner the tide of the war) was what defeated the nazis.

Massive loss of manpower in the Pacific theater at places like iwo jima was what defeated Japan, a war machine just as fanatical and far more powerful than isis.

Airstrikes and condemnation are all well and good but to destroy isis and their like is going to take massive battles in which the good guys are going to lose a lot of men which is exactly what they're unwilling to do.

"All the powers that be over there have manpower. Saudi, Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, various others. That they refuse to do anything about it."

That is what you said. This is the phrase my comments are directed at.

So we can agree you were wrong to add Jordan. Can we agree you were wrong to include Egypt as well?

(We'll work on your Muslim comment next).

Archived