THE BROWNS BOARD

Wanted: A Muslim Speaker

One Post

By the way christian terrorists aren't even close to the threat in Africa posed by muslim groups like boko haram.

1) do you have anything to back that statement up?

2) does that mean Christians do not need be held at the same standards you're holding Muslims for ISIS?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christians in africa see terrorizing muslims who are terrorizing everyone else. Priorities, woody. When the great athiest army of science deals with the most pressing issue they are then free to deal with the evils of Christian terrorism.

Riiight. Well you've successfully deflected long enough on this part of our conversation that I don't care enough to continue. Congrats.

The winner is Cysko, by more than one knockout. But somehow, his little feathered opponent

is still claiming that eventually, he won some kind of strange jibber jabber victory, and has

declared he's "tired" of ....winning...something............

No see that's the thing you THINK you're proving me wrong but what are the results of Jordan's PR airstrike campaigns and Egypt's condemnations? Nothing tangible. Therefore you're not at all proving me wrong.

You're moving the goalposts as you go, FYI.

But Cal thinks you've won. So there you go. But he probably thinks I'm a terrorist sympathizer or something...

Then

"All the powers that be over there have manpower. Saudi, Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, various others. That they refuse to do anything about it implies that they either don't care or support it."

Now

- long posts about how airstrikes aren't effective

- saying they need to do more

- saying what they're doing isn't good enough

- saying they're doing "nothing tangible"

You went from "They do nothing at all, so they don't care or support ISIS!" to "Ok, they do things, but I think those things aren't good enough!"

No, I don't. But you arguments lack legit substance to the point, and often end up

strangely misdirecting. The op is about wanting a Muslim speaker/leader, to speak out

about the terrorists taking the Koran as a warrant for hideous, sickening, genocidal violence.

You brought up "Christians" in Africa, woodpecker. It has nothing to do with the world wide threat

of isis, al qaeda, other groups.

I didn't see anything in your links about Africa, btw. Did I miss it? I watched all the video...

And YOU talk about defection and

moving goalposts????

???? come on.

Don't bother typing up posts for me Cal. I have no intent to get in a back and forth with you. woody

good, because you are standing on one birdfoot leaning backwards in a hurricane,

and trying to say you are perfect at leaning, and that means you "won" something.

Frankly, you are looking pretty foolish in this argument, and none of it is anybody else's fault but yours.

Are airstrikes and lip service an army?

You implied they were doing nothing at all. The post I quoted at the top if the last page has you saying this. That's obviously not true. You even insinuated they might support ISIS, which is asinine.

If you think they need to do more, that's fair. But saying they've done nothing is not.

(without getting into the belief some have on here regarding Muslims and them not speaking out against ISIS)

There's a lot of muslims who denounce terrorist acts.

Then again there's a lot that don't.

All I know is they are not integrating very well in Europe and something has to be done about it. They have their own neighborhoods and nobody can go there because of how dangerous it is - they barely speak the language and can't get jobs. The entire muslim neighborhood in Brussels was hiding that guy involved in the Paris attacks.

There's been many experiments where you take a group of maybe 50 moderate muslims. They all denounce terrorist acts and all this stuff - then you read a verse out of the quran that says "apostates shall be killed" and ask if they're willing to denounce it and nobody in the room makes a peep.

It's not a matter of them all being bad people, but if we're talking about 300-400 million people who support Sharia law and disavow freedom of speech - there's definitely some problems that need to be solved.

A little comparison for those who think Jordan is a rock ribbed Ally against Isis. President Obama has occasionally made speeches stating that he believes the African American community should be more responsible and eschew the more negative principles of what we call Black Culture.

However his actions especially in the way he directs the justice department do not mesh with those words.

Just an example.

WSS

There's been many experiments where you take a group of maybe 50 moderate muslims. They all denounce terrorist acts and all this stuff - then you read a verse out of the quran that says "apostates shall be killed" and ask if they're willing to denounce it and nobody in the room makes a peep.

My guess is it might be fear for their own safety as to say a verse in the koran should not be followed might bring down a death sentence on them. For me it all comes back to the koran. The koran is what the Islamic terrorists use to justify their evil deeds and the koran is the reason those Muslims who do condemn violence are afraid to speak out against the source of the violence which are some of the teachings of the koran.

Sometimes I read 'koran' as 'korean' and the whole sentence takes on a wonderful new meaning. As if some korean drug lord, known simply as 'the korean' is watching out for everyone who goes against what he has to say

The korean is what the Islamic terrorists use to justify their evil deeds and the korean is the reason those Muslims who do condemn violence are afraid to speak out against the source of the violence which are some of the teachings of the korean.

We must kneecap people who don't pay, the korean told us so. We must keep pushing kimchi, the korean told us if we stop we will be killed.

My guess is it might be fear for their own safety as to say a verse in the koran should not be followed might bring down a death sentence on them. For me it all comes back to the koran. The koran is what the Islamic terrorists use to justify their evil deeds and the koran is the reason those Muslims who do condemn violence are afraid to speak out against the source of the violence which are some of the teachings of the koran.

I think it's more related to the fact that the quran is the will/word of Allah. If you denounce anything it says, then you could be viewed as denouncing Allah.

Not too different from Christianity, though most western Christians have evolved to a point where they realize biblical stories and writings are contextual to the time period they were written - and mostly stuff that isn't supposed to be taken literally.

Though I guess many choose to do that selectively depending on what they agree with. The normal Muslims who live in western society probably the same case.

Sometimes I read 'koran' as 'korean' and the whole sentence takes on a wonderful new meaning. As if some korean drug lord, known simply as 'the korean' is watching out for everyone who goes against what he has to say

The korean is what the Islamic terrorists use to justify their evil deeds and the korean is the reason those Muslims who do condemn violence are afraid to speak out against the source of the violence which are some of the teachings of the korean.

We must kneecap people who don't pay, the korean told us so. We must keep pushing kimchi, the korean told us if we stop we will be killed.

Kim Chee and Soju

Do you have a specific example?

Of what particularly? The jordanians spoke somewhat authoritatively yet the only troops they've seemed to committed are guarding their border.

Or did you mean the president who has sent the justice department to investigate incidents in which black criminals are involved?

(by the way I think the jordanians and Egyptians are the closest we have to trustworthy partners in the Middle East, well except for Israel, but I haven't seen what I would call a big military commitment)

WSS

Archived