THE BROWNS BOARD

Are we still allowed to talk guns?

Browns149

I'm looking at buying a S&W SD40.

Fin Feather and Fur has them on sale for $289.

Way less in price then Bass Pro Shop, Cabelas, or Gander Mountain

Anyone ever own or fire one of these?

I see most reviews are positive. The only complaints seem to be about the trigger pull

I have the SD9 - which is identical except 9mm.

It's nice, shoots well. Trigger is heavier than something like the M&P or glock - but it's a self defense gun not a competition gun. I put the apex trigger on mine because it's shorter and doesn't have the hinge - which was the only problem I had with the trigger (how long it was), I don't mind the slightly heavier pull.

The rear sight is also plastic which I didn't like, I put TFO sights on mine because I got them for free - but the rear sight from the M&P is swappable as well and it's metal.

I'm just as accurate with it as anything else, I plan on carrying it everywhere once I get my CHL next week (or the next, who knows how soon in the 45-day window they'll be). I put maybe 700 rounds through it so far - including lots of remanufactured stuff and I haven't had a single failure yet and the slide has locked back on an empty magazine every time.

Sounds good to me. It will most likely be in the nightstand.

I already have a Browning Hi-Power 9mm so I might stick with the 9mm, just for ammo purposes

Not sure yet, I'll have to check them out when I go to the Fin

Well the NRA does bitch about gun free zones.

I mean if I was planning on robbing a convenient store I'd choose the one with a "no guns allowed" sign before I chose the one with a "concealed carry welcome"

Or if I was a psycho who wanted to do a mass shooting I'd choose a college campus before I chose a big gun show. Both have large crowds of people in small areas.

The NRA makes some crazy arguments, but gun free zones are not really stopping criminals from walking there with a gun. Carrying a gun in a gun free zone is a M4 (in Ohio) - I don't think the chance of getting a misdemeanor is going to stop them. Schools and government buildings are felonies, but still the person is there to commit felonies to begin with so I don't think it's stopping them

I mean if I was planning on robbing a convenient store I'd choose the one with a "no guns allowed" sign before I chose the one with a "concealed carry welcome"

Or if I was a psycho who wanted to do a mass shooting I'd choose a college campus before I chose a big gun show. Both have large crowds of people in small areas.

The NRA makes some crazy arguments, but gun free zones are not really stopping criminals from walking there with a gun. Carrying a gun in a gun free zone is a M4 (in Ohio) - I don't think the chance of getting a misdemeanor is going to stop them. Schools and government buildings are felonies, but still the person is there to commit felonies to begin with so I don't think it's stopping them

Oh I agree but they can't harp on about how gun free zones are just targets while the RNC is going to be a gun free zone. I mean, being in the audience of a Trump event could get ugly if all of the rhetoric keeps ramping up and getting the natives restless about showing up to violently protest. I could see someone showing up and trying to gun down some unarmed Trump supporters.

Oh I agree but they can't harp on about how gun free zones are just targets while the RNC is going to be a gun free zone. I mean, being in the audience of a Trump event could get ugly if all of the rhetoric keeps ramping up and getting the natives restless about showing up to violently protest. I could see someone showing up and trying to gun down some unarmed Trump supporters.

Good thing Trump has never condoned violence against any of these protesters

oh.. wait...

Just say fuck it and get a Judge. I am for my next gun. Then I'll alternate between the .410 shells and .45 long colts in the chambers.

Good luck, man, concealed carrying that thing. My old farmer neighbor has one. It isn't small, and isn't light. :)

The young Bernie supporters are the ones who yell at disabled Trump supporters (wouldn't let a guy in a wheel chair cross the street and threw things at him), throw punches and get maced (yesterday), steal signs, block roadways, key cars.

A black guy went to a rally in AZ to see what a Trump rally was all about given all the news of protesters. Said the protesters were the most hateful people he's ever seen and was scared he'd get attacked, while all the Trump supporters were friendly as can be

Sounds legit

I imagine in most cases, the group protesting a thing at an event for that thing are going to be more hateful than the people there to attend the thing

They call Trump and his supporters the hateful, racist ones - when clearly the opposite is true. Like how Bernie supporters said "I don't understand why black people are voting against their own interests" in reference to them voting for Clinton.

Ok well some protester who was holding a confederate flag and shouting racial slurs got knocked out by a black Trump supporter at a rally - but it's not like anything comes out of Trump supporters unprovoked, most seem to be nice hard working class people.

Yup. Range/back yard toy. "Hey guys, check this thing out"

Fun to shoot about 3-4 rounds, then I remember I depend on my wrists for work.

I disagree. It's perfect for home defense. Start with a .410 shell to stop or slow down an assailant then hit 'em with the .45 lc if they don't get the message.

I disagree. It's perfect for home defense. Start with a .410 shell to stop or slow down an assailant then hit 'em with the .45 lc if they don't get the message.

Ever seen anyone test those things? The barrel is too short and the rifling too shallow to get the needed velocity for any of the rounds, slug or .45 lc, to get good accuracy or penetration (in the case of the shot). It is gimmicky. I would pick a .410 shotgun or a nice .45lc revolver with a 6" barrel over the go-between.

Squeeze off a 410 or long colt in your hallway/bedroom at night with no ear pro on. You'll wish you stuck the barrel in your mouth.

Perfect home defense gun is a .300 blackout SBR with a can on the end. Able to shoot inside w/o ear pro and still hear afterwards. 7.62 diameter gets the point across effectively.

Archived