THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Brissett

The Gipper

A Brissket takes a long time to be ready. Plus the cabbage can get soggy if not put in at the right time.

lmao....... It's what I came to say.

A Brissket takes a long time to be ready. Plus the cabbage can get soggy if not put in at the right time.

But when it has had its time to be prepped....that is some pretty good shit right there.

(and perhaps the same can be true about this QB)

Interesting guy, but we have interesting guys. Need elite upside, big time mega qb. I think

Wentz is it.

Except....not much is said about Wentz that is not said about this guy. At 6'4" he is certainly the size...and he played in the SEC and ACC. Much better competition. The worst they say is he is not that accurate on his long ball....and needs coaching for his footwork.

Gip, move on. Man will be on the street pile. Watched him live in Raleigh against Clemson & UNC this season. Most throwing yards for season was against Clemson 25?. Had a Goff OL all season (bad). Always 20's of 40's with under 60% PCR. Once teams closed off the underneath stuff Jacoby has no touch or accuracy late due to poor conditioning late in games. Know some boosters that say "if he was only the gym rat Rivers was".

My god in heaven...

Brissett was a guy that always scared the crap out of me when the Noles played the Wolfpack. He's got a lot of talent.

I was Camp Goff... But

Now that we have rg3, I want this guy in rd 4-6

He can be really good, he's just not ready yet. My gut tells me he's gonna be good. Has all of the physical tools, plays well in the pocket, and has the passion.

We need sure fire day 1 ELITE talent at 2 now, and Goff and Wentz aren't that

Well, I am not talking about getting this guy at #2 obviously....but in a later round on a flyer.

I mean, he is a big stud....can elude rushers...or slap them away when they are biting his ankles....kinda BR ish. Has a big arm....but yes, footwork needs work...and accuracy needs work.

He would be a raw rookie, no doubt......but I could see him on the roster over the diminutive Connor Shaw or Austin Davis.

He led his team to a 7-6 record......losses coming to some heavy hitters.....like Clemson/FSU etc.

The rest of his team did not match up in those games. The NC State defense wasn't very strong.

I have read 3-4 round projections, but I don't agree. I would not draft him at all if I was the Browns. He is a well built athlete, but one with very limited ability in the pocket and only a slightly above average arm.

Really? Did you read the scouting report? Here is what it said:

Strong arm to spin spirals and throw the entire route tree.

So, we are supposed to believe you over the professional scouts again. Give it the fuck up.

Does he have weaknesses, yes. Primarily confidence and footwork:

Not a confident downfield thrower with inconsistent deep accuracy - appears gun shy and often relies on check downs. Too comfortable throwing on the run or delivering with his momentum going backwards. Shaky platform and needs to set his base when given the time. Inconsistent footwork leads to inaccurate ball placement (59.5% career completion percentage). Low career interception numbers because he is too careful, not consistently pushing the ball downfield or fitting throws into tight windows.

He does not have "limited ability" in the pocket imo....but he certainly has limited experience. That is what I see here.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jacoby-brissett?id=2555261

WEAKNESSES

Downward trajectory from over­-the­-top delivery causes some throws to sink. Has been severely pressured over last two seasons and developed bad habits because of it. Will drop eyes when he feels pressure and throws off his back foot as tools of survival. Occasionally muscles a back­foot throw despite having time to step and drive the ball. Still learning to calm feet and deliver rather than bail when defender is closing in. Carries ball low and away from body when scrambling. Has moments where he is oblivious to pre­-snap tells that blitz is coming off the edge. Needs to transition from always trying to fight through sacks to getting rid of the ball more quickly. Struggles with deep ball accuracy completing just 23.1 percent on attempts of 21-plus yards. Had several overthrows when tasked with deep throws down sideline versus man coverage. Failed to recognize receivers running wide open down the seam. Gets locked in on a pre­-snap plan and has issues altering his itinerary quickly.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/02/03/jacoby-brissett-qb-nc-state-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Weaknesses

Being a playmaker has its pros and cons. Brissett, while being great when he’s at his best, can also be a thorn in the side to his team. It’s difficult to tell a guy to not do everything he can to make a play but there are situations where taking a sack or killing the play is much more beneficial than trying to be a hero. There are many instances where Brissett gets locked up in the pocket and attempts to make a play out of it and either ends up fumbling or taking a sack when there were options of getting the ball away and playing for the next down.

Now a good portion of that could be his offensive line that isn’t exactly littered with great blocking but for a quarterback to take 66 sacks in two seasons says a lot. Speaking of the pocket, he has terrible nerves when it begins to tighten up on him. There are instances of him making outstanding throws from inside the pocket but far too often he’s on the run in a broken play situation.

The other thing about Brissett that will come up are his accomplishments versus tougher competition. NC State schedules a ton of cupcake games (which is no fault on Jacoby) that get them easy wins and of course make their players look great for the time being. However once they get into their ACC schedule they begin to struggle and so does Jacoby. A lot of it has to do with the lack of talent he has around him, his touch passes in tight areas are often dropped and his jump balls that he creates for his receivers are often batted to the ground. Still, it doesn’t excuse his much less impressive numbers vs the conference as opposed to the cupcakes.

Outlook

Jacoby Brissett will end up being a mid round prospect that will need some NFL coaching to get key parts of his game down. He’s a talented QB who has a future in this league and being surrounded by a supporting cast may help to address some of his collegiate struggles.

I think he's 2-3 years away from playing in the NFL. 4th round-5th? round...I'd rather just get the elite qb once and for all,

and use that 4th round pick on a player that is far more ready to be a significant

addition to the team now, if at all possible.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jacoby-brissett?id=2555261

WEAKNESSES

Downward trajectory from over­-the­-top delivery causes some throws to sink. Has been severely pressured over last two seasons and developed bad habits because of it. Will drop eyes when he feels pressure and throws off his back foot as tools of survival. Occasionally muscles a back­foot throw despite having time to step and drive the ball. Still learning to calm feet and deliver rather than bail when defender is closing in. Carries ball low and away from body when scrambling. Has moments where he is oblivious to pre­-snap tells that blitz is coming off the edge. Needs to transition from always trying to fight through sacks to getting rid of the ball more quickly. Struggles with deep ball accuracy completing just 23.1 percent on attempts of 21-plus yards. Had several overthrows when tasked with deep throws down sideline versus man coverage. Failed to recognize receivers running wide open down the seam. Gets locked in on a pre­-snap plan and has issues altering his itinerary quickly.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/02/03/jacoby-brissett-qb-nc-state-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Weaknesses

Being a playmaker has its pros and cons. Brissett, while being great when he’s at his best, can also be a thorn in the side to his team. It’s difficult to tell a guy to not do everything he can to make a play but there are situations where taking a sack or killing the play is much more beneficial than trying to be a hero. There are many instances where Brissett gets locked up in the pocket and attempts to make a play out of it and either ends up fumbling or taking a sack when there were options of getting the ball away and playing for the next down.

Now a good portion of that could be his offensive line that isn’t exactly littered with great blocking but for a quarterback to take 66 sacks in two seasons says a lot. Speaking of the pocket, he has terrible nerves when it begins to tighten up on him. There are instances of him making outstanding throws from inside the pocket but far too often he’s on the run in a broken play situation.

The other thing about Brissett that will come up are his accomplishments versus tougher competition. NC State schedules a ton of cupcake games (which is no fault on Jacoby) that get them easy wins and of course make their players look great for the time being. However once they get into their ACC schedule they begin to struggle and so does Jacoby. A lot of it has to do with the lack of talent he has around him, his touch passes in tight areas are often dropped and his jump balls that he creates for his receivers are often batted to the ground. Still, it doesn’t excuse his much less impressive numbers vs the conference as opposed to the cupcakes.

Outlook

Jacoby Brissett will end up being a mid round prospect that will need some NFL coaching to get key parts of his game down. He’s a talented QB who has a future in this league and being surrounded by a supporting cast may help to address some of his collegiate struggles.

And what did NFL.com say his strengths were? You conveniently left those out.

And by the way....his scouting report is not significantly different from Wentz's.

I think he's 2-3 years away from playing in the NFL. 4th round-5th? round...I'd rather just get the elite qb once and for all,

and use that 4th round pick on a player that is far more ready to be a significant

addition to the team now, if at all possible.

Again, the suggestion is that he could be that mid-late round flyer to take a chance on.

Sorta like the Pats did with Tom Brady....or the Redskins with Kirk Cousins. Not saying that drafting him should cause the team to rely on him as the future franchise QB.

Just a guy to perhaps look at taking a chance on.

Why people are getting all up their own asses on this suggestion is a bit beyond me.

Gip, only a HS scout but that's pretty damn accurate scouting reports on Jacoby. He's a great kid with a great attitude. Remember these scouts & GM's have got to Fast forward his talents to a NFL level. His anticipation is slow & throwing a WR's open is a major problem. He has a Newton mind set in body & counts on his feet far to much than his arm. But nobody saw the true Cam in Auburn either. He's got a lot of work in the passing game & so did Newton.

Really? Did you read the scouting report? Here is what it said:

Strong arm to spin spirals and throw the entire route tree.

So, we are supposed to believe you over the professional scouts again. Give it the fuck up.

Does he have weaknesses, yes. Primarily confidence and footwork:

Not a confident downfield thrower with inconsistent deep accuracy - appears gun shy and often relies on check downs. Too comfortable throwing on the run or delivering with his momentum going backwards. Shaky platform and needs to set his base when given the time. Inconsistent footwork leads to inaccurate ball placement (59.5% career completion percentage). Low career interception numbers because he is too careful, not consistently pushing the ball downfield or fitting throws into tight windows.

He does not have "limited ability" in the pocket imo....but he certainly has limited experience. That is what I see here.

He's awful at processing the speed of the game, and doesn't step up or work around the pocket in any way whatsoever.

Your terrible reach at "unearthing" a later round prospect is blowing up, and you're now cursing at me. Regurgitating someone else's work and opinion to act as your argument defeats the entire purpose of this conversation.

If we're going to differ to scouting reports, from people who are also wrong frequently, then we can stop having these discussions and we can refer each other to links instead of wasting the time watching film and forming our opinions. Oh wait, only one of us does that.

It's just football.

Gip, only a HS scout but that's pretty damn accurate scouting reports on Jacoby. He's a great kid with a great attitude. Remember these scouts & GM's have got to Fast forward his talents to a NFL level. His anticipation is slow & throwing a WR's open is a major problem. He has a Newton mind set in body & counts on his feet far to much than his arm. But nobody saw the true Cam in Auburn either. He's got a lot of work in the passing game & so did Newton.

Newton had a lot of work to do in those areas, and he was light years ahead of where Brissett is now.

He's awful at processing the speed of the game, and doesn't step up or work around the pocket in any way whatsoever.

Your terrible reach at "unearthing" a later round prospect is blowing up, and you're now cursing at me. Regurgitating someone else's work and opinion to act as your argument defeats the entire purpose of this conversation.

I only made a suggestion about the guy....and you get all uppity about it.

And you get cursed off because you come out belligerant, ignorant, and arrogant about things.

I wasn't the one that got put on time out here for being that way.

If we're going to differ to scouting reports, from people who are also wrong frequently, then we can stop having these discussions and we can refer each other to links instead of wasting the time watching film and forming our opinions. Oh wait, only one of us does that.

Wasting time...yes, one of us does do that...you.

I gave a link to a professional scouting report. You dismissed it because it didn't agree with your opinion, because you are so presumptuous to believe that only what you reseach and only what you believe has any value to it.

I mean, its not like I am married to this motherfucker. He was just a guy that I thought could be considered for a later round....one of many.

It's just football.

Not to you, apparently.

Archived