THE BROWNS BOARD

The reason I don't like Cruz

One Post

It's not Ted Cruz lies it is more like Ted *thinks* mom is praying for him for hours at a time and that obviously was not the case with mom's reaction.

It puts me in mind of something a friend of my wife's told her about her husband who she finally got to go to church with her. She said at the end of the service he even went to the altar and was praying. She said she got excited about it and just *knew* he was up there praying for her and the family so she went up next to him but he wasn't praying for her and the family at all, he was praying for the Browns and Notre Dame.

It's not Ted Cruz lies it is more like Ted *thinks* mom is praying for him for hours at a time and that obviously was not the case with mom's reaction.

It puts me in mind of something a friend of my wife's told her about her husband who she finally got to go to church with her. She said at the end of the service he even went to the altar and was praying. She said she got excited about it and just *knew* he was up there praying for her and the family so she went up next to him but he wasn't praying for her and the family at all, he was praying for the Browns and Notre Dame.

The look on that woman's face is clearly that of someone who thought he was full of shit. So either he thinks his mom is a kook that prays over him for hours on end like a monk in a monastery or he is full of crap. Cruz is a bizarre character.

We all know by now those prayers land on deaf ears in perpetuity, but at least he gave the effort and for that he deserves a sad almost patronizing pat on the back

We all know by now those prayers land on deaf ears in perpetuity, but at least he gave the effort and for that he deserves a sad almost patronizing pat on the back

He's a good guy who is a huge Browns fan. This was his first time at church and he has grown a lot since then. Nobody starts out in this walk as a believer as a full grown Christian. We are on the same page with the Browns but I give him a hard time with Notre Dame and he gives me a hard time with Ohio State.

The look on that woman's face is clearly that of someone who thought he was full of shit. So either he thinks his mom is a kook that prays over him for hours on end like a monk in a monastery or he is full of crap. Cruz is a bizarre character.

My father in law told me many times he remembers his father spending long periods of prayer for his family and calling his children out by name in prayer. All I can say is knowing my father in law's family that prayer worked.

I just plain out don't like his face. Plus he's dangerously insane.

Cruz gives me the heebie-jeebies. Every time he opens his mouth I see

Greg Stillson from "The Dead Zone".

Sec. of State: "Mr. President, we can stand down. There is a diplomatic solution."

Pres. Stillson: "It's too late. The missiles are in the air. Hallelujah. Hallelujah."

cool. Everytime higgardly opens her mouth, I see her sucking up to

isis, while inviting them over to our country to kill those damn Americans.

there. :mad:

well, there is a difference between someone saying "God came down, made me breakfast,

and we had a long talk and he told me..." kinda like Pat Robertson etc.

and "God spoke to me in my heart...", which I well understand.

Keep in mind also how many people pray. If they don't think they're communicating with the higher power why would anyone do that?

WSS

If people want to ask questions to their favorite sky wizard about things that only effect them then that is great. Live it up. However, I don't like having legislators saying that they are consulting Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse about a pressing crisis that has ramifications for everyone.

Archived