THE BROWNS BOARD

The reason I don't like Cruz

One Post

If people want to ask questions to their favorite sky wizard about things that only effect them then that is great. Live it up. However, I don't like having legislators saying that they are consulting Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse about a pressing crisis that has ramifications for everyone.

Yes I understand your sneering little Woody answer, just saying the lot of people do. That's all. No idea why it pisses you guys off.

And if you were going to shit the bed when a republican does it you should probably shit the bed when Obama does it.

Personally I fear I'm too much of an asshole to call myself a Christian

WSS

Yes I understand your sneering little Woody answer, just saying the lot of people do. That's all. No idea why it pisses you guys off.

And if you were going to shit the bed when a republican does it you should probably shit the bed when Obama does it.

Personally I fear I'm too much of an asshole to call myself a Christian

WSS

I am no fan of Obama thus why you never heard me talking about it. Cruz is currently running for office is why it is even coming up.

I don't like mayonnaise. It doesn't piss me off. I don't like having a legislator saying that they consulted with the great beyond to make important decisions. It doesn't piss me off.

Didn't his wife and Glenn Beck talk about how God chose Ted and he's the last hope for humanity and some crazy shit like that?

Cruz's dad said that his son was anointed by god to run and that Cruz's wife had heard a message from god telling her that he should run.

If someone was saying that voices in their head were telling them to run for office, they would be laughed out of the room and referred to a psych facility.

I am no fan of Obama thus why you never heard me talking about it. Cruz is currently running for office is why it is even coming up.

I don't like mayonnaise. It doesn't piss me off. I don't like having a legislator saying that they consulted with the great beyond to make important decisions. It doesn't piss me off.

Exactly. I don't believe in Bigfoot. Doesn't mean I have to convince everyone that he doesn't exist.

That survey Michael Medved was talking about last week about different things that made people more or less likely to vote for a candidate included atheism which was number one on the list of less likely.

I'm just saying that there is no candidate claiming to be an atheist so bitching about Ted Cruz is no more relevant then bitching about any other candidate.

WSS

That survey Michael Medved was talking about last week about different things that made people more or less likely to vote for a candidate included atheism which was number one on the list of less likely.

I'm just saying that there is no candidate claiming to be an atheist so bitching about Ted Cruz is no more relevant then bitching about any other candidate.

WSS

I live in the U.S. Every politician has to say they are religious. The rest of the field are not out talking about how God told their wife that they should run or that their pops believes they are anointed by god.

The over the top rhetoric about Cruz is that he is out to set up some type of theocracy and force Christianity on the country when you never hear Cruz talk this way. It is the constitution Cruz always speaks about and when he talks about his Christian faith it is always on a personal level. I would never fear anyone who was a constitutionalist like Cruz as that constitution and bill of rights are protections for all of us, of all faiths and of atheists. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as outlined in our declaration of independence should never make anyone fear.

As for Cruz's father he is a preacher but he is not running for president. Cruz is well aware he is running for president and not a reverend like his father.

The over the top rhetoric about Cruz is that he is out to set up some type of theocracy and force Christianity on the country when you never hear Cruz talk this way. It is the constitution Cruz always speaks about and when he talks about his Christian faith it is always on a personal level. I would never fear anyone who was a constitutionalist like Cruz as that constitution and bill of rights are protections for all of us, of all faiths and of atheists. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as outlined in our declaration of independence should never make anyone fear.

As for Cruz's father he is a preacher but he is not running for president. Cruz is well aware he is running for president and not a reverend like his father.

If Obama can be criticized for being surrounded by whack jobs, Cruz can catch the same amount of heat. He shares a bed with a lady who received a message on psychic rabbit ears that her husband should run.

you added "killing" for effect, but the joke is obviously a joke.

Backing up into somebody isn't necessarily to kill them.

Just knock them into the air...into a cactus maybe.....

I live in the U.S. Every politician has to say they are religious. The rest of the field are not out talking about how God told their wife that they should run or that their pops believes they are anointed by god.

So as an atheist you have to decide between the hypocrite politician who calls himself a Christian but really isn't or someone who is genuine about their faith? What a choice. Well I guess even as a believer I have to make that choice too. If I have to vote for Trump this fall over Clinton he will be the first *Christian* I have ever known that didn't need to ask God for forgiveness because he makes a point of not doing wrong. I would like to shake his hand just to say I did.

So as an atheist you have to decide between the hypocrite politician who calls himself a Christian but really isn't or someone who is genuine about their faith? What a choice. Well I guess even as a believer I have to make that choice too. If I have to vote for Trump this fall over Clinton he will be the first *Christian* I have ever known that didn't need to ask God for forgiveness because he makes a point of not doing wrong. I would like to shake his hand just to say I did.

Oh I accept in every election that I am voting for liars and hypocrites. Show me an honest politician and they will likely be riding on a unicorn.

Not really Woody. It's more like 'my Christian faith will guide me as I lead the nation.' You'd be outraged or at least cranky if someone you didn't like said that as the president has.

WSS

It seems like we get as many threads on here about liberals being outrage as we do posts claiming other posters are /will be outraged...

Idc what party the president is from. The more religious they are, the less I'll like them as president.

Thinking god is speaking to you is pretty high up there.

I also understand you basically have to be a Christian to get elected in this country, and that leads many politicians to exaggerate their faith.

Archived