THE BROWNS BOARD

What is success for you in the 2016 season?

tinythinker

There is a lot of interesting talk on the forums about trades, potential draft picks, the continuing saga of the revolving door front office, and so on, but it got me to wondering--what would success for 2016 look like to the fans who come here year in and year out?

I'm sure we can all agree that a super bowl victory, an AFC championship title, getting into the post-season, or just getting over 0.500 in the win-loss column could all justifiably be considered success right now for the Browns. But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

Getting their qb at 2. There is no more revolving door, I believe. Hue is the Guy.

Which means, I look forward to success being - the players are all on board, all in,

believe in where they are going. That right there should? be at least a few more wins

that last season. Lost, wrong hc's lead to lost, unemotional teams.

No more. Should be rockin come the regular season, with a team that believes

in their coaches now. and at least splitting with pittspuke.

Progress. Be a better team in week 17 than in week 1. Don't get blown out every other game. Give us optimism that the players we've picked over the next draft and the last couple, along with the current coaching staff and FO are the ones that are going to get things right.

In terms of record, as long as I see those things, I will be happy. As long as we don't get humiliated in the division.

I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

Ten picks - if we can get 5 quality players from those picks in the top 100 or so, that'd be swell. Plus picking up maybe one or two of those 'undervalued' positions, like a top full back or ST guy later on.

Success in the draft for one person could mean a crap draft to another .....so many players in all positions are rated so differently ....... someone could be high on one persons board but nowhere on another persons ......only board that matters tho is Sashi's and I hope to fuck its the right one

success next season is putting something young and at least modestly competitive on the field next year. I hope Hue just opens up the playbook. Who cares about losing just go for broke and really see what we've got at some of the key skill positions. Defensively I don't care where we are in any category except one...run defense. I want to see us somewhere in the range of 20th in run defense. Why? Cause we're evidently still retaining a lot of these guys so they're not rooks, buckle down and have some pride.

But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

Small victories will be the only ones on the menu in 2016. I'll get back with specicifcs after the draft and UDFA period.

A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

Isn't the plural of doofus "doofi"?

If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

Ultimately? Sure, but if we think in terms of winning a SB in the near term and base decisions upon that, then we are fucking up.

I'll go along with "progress" & I want to see more fundamentally solid play.......

Solid tackling by wrapping a guy up & putting him on the ground.

Running backs hitting a hole fast & hard. I'm not a fan of backfield dancing.

It would also be nice to see a draft without so many off the wall surprises.

As a Team, building cohesiveness within all units.

POSITIVE GROWTH!

Mike

Seeing good progress and development of draft picks. Seeing all our guys give 100% no matter how much or skill or lack off they have, hue should be able to motivate them. Lastly, not being the crap shoot of the league, and not getting slaughtered every other game.

0-18? We're going to play a couple extra this year that we don't normally play?

typo 0-16..lol

As a fan that thought the same thing for 20 years "We the fans care more about winning than our Ownership & those that have run it." The Rebuild Process: never had a better moment than Jimmy Haslem admitting that he failed at one thing FOOTBALL. His hiring of Hue Jackson has me believing we can win again. Offensive minded & a knowledge of what makes a team competitive a QB. This Time we get the QB decision correct cause of Hue's knowledge of the position will get the right guy he can win with. Season Specific: Your words "Build through the Draft" prove It. Small Victories: We want Browns Fans in our Stadium. WIN!!...Go Browns!!

Being competitive, especially against Pittsburg.

That's one of the best teams in the league. We are one of the worst. Sure, anything can happen in a rivalry (and in an NFL game in general, which is why all you guys saying 0-16 are dumb), but on paper, this isn't going to happen.

Also, there's a town in Texas named Pittsburg (no h).

Yeah, I want playoffs, the elusive Super bowl win, etc.

Realistically, we need to learn how to win at home. Sweep the division rivals, make Browns Stadium a home field advantage place. We haven't done that since 2007.

Archived