THE BROWNS BOARD

Receivers

gftChris

We all know we need some playmakers on the outside, so who is worth taking in the draft? I think we can forget treadwell, as I don't see us taking him at #2 or being around at #32, but what about other guys?

NFL.com has a write up on this 'sleeper' guy (though I doubt he sleeps much anymore), a german who has only played for about four years, in germany:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648990/article/german-wide-receiver-one-of-nfl-drafts-biggest-sleepers

Headline: "he's 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, runs a 40-yard dash of 4.39 seconds, and has a 37-inch vertical"

I'm guessing his route running is not quite as refined as it could be, but with those measurables, maybe it doesn't need to be. I'd take a shot if he can catch.

We all know we need some playmakers on the outside, so who is worth taking in the draft? I think we can forget treadwell, as I don't see us taking him at #2 or being around at #32, but what about other guys?

NFL.com has a write up on this 'sleeper' guy (though I doubt he sleeps much anymore), a german who has only played for about four years, in germany:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648990/article/german-wide-receiver-one-of-nfl-drafts-biggest-sleepers

Headline: "he's 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, runs a 40-yard dash of 4.39 seconds, and has a 37-inch vertical"

I'm guessing his route running is not quite as refined as it could be, but with those measurables, maybe it doesn't need to be. I'd take a shot if he can catch.

Weren't you the one on here touting the guy from either New Zealand or Australia? I mean...I guess when it comes to getting players 50-53 on this roster we could go anywhere.....but he may make a mediocre special teamer.

this wr draft class is disappointing. According to NFL.com, their top twenty players

in the draft according to their grades... has only one wr, and Will Fuller is at 18.

I'm thinkin now, that I'd want to draft a smallish, very fast TE later on, instead of any

of the wr's after the first round, who has also player wr......

I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.

Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:

• Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.

• Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.

I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.

Does that make you a Ray Farmer Disciple?

Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:

• Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.

• Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.

•  

• Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.

I found it interesting that we are bringing in Laquon Treadwell for a visit. I guess I shouldn't, as teams bring in a great deal of players each year, but we won't be in a position to draft the kid unless we trade down. Wentz and Goff are getting love, but nobody I've come across has written that either QB is deserving of a trade deal that most certainly include a bevy of picks.

Would the 49's, a team in need of a QB, be willing to trade? I can't think of too many others, right? Perhaps the Rams?

We need WR's. Our coaches have publicly said that as well. Apparently, the Josh Gordon debacle isn't going to be over any time soon. Sure, we can draft one in the second round, but does anyone else remember how our second round WR's have fared? I like Treadwell, mainly because he excels at jumping and plucking the ball at its highest point.

Other than that, Doctson intrigues me from TCU. But it's not a great year for WR....no...I'm afraid we missed out on those years.

Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.

I was thinking Day 2 included Rnd 4, where our Comp picks start, but it may not.

Our Rnd 4 Comp picks are where I'd look for WRs.

I was thinking Day 2 included Rnd 4, where our Comp picks start, but it may not.

Our Rnd 4 Comp picks are where I'd look for WRs.

Sure....but if a stud falls to us at #32...don't be surprised if we grab one. Ray Farmer no longer drafting for us.

If Hue does want a QB....then he will also want a weapon to go with him.

Watched Peake at a NC State game. Man has all the tools in routes but he's not trusting his knees on cuts nor welcomes blocking downfield. Watched tape on Tulsa's Keyarris Garrett 6'3" 220 4.53 40 maybe just another option. Want a Julian Edleman? Watch the Buckeyes against Western Michigan this little 5'10" 177lbs annoying little Nat Daniel Braverman (projected in 4th)

I like Doctson, Thomas, and Braxton. Other than them, youre looking at the

4th or 5th round for a project with great measurables and upside

I agree, but I don't see us taking a receiver there, especially if Gordon is back in business. Too many other needs at RT, OLB, QB, ILB, FS, CB, that are harder to fill later in the draft.

I'm all in on Mike Thomas. Not the Ohio State one.

The S. Mississippi one.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/3/25/11305946/nfl-draft-2016-eagles-mike-thomas-southern-mississippi-deep-threat-wide-receiver-mike-thomas-visit

I think he could be a huge steal.

and, the Browns have met with him. Was a combine snub.

image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/CLE.gif

CLE.gif Cleveland Browns have met with:
  • Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
  • Robby Anderson, WR, Temple (PRI)
  • Joey Bosa^, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM, PRI)
  • Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron (STM)
  • Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
  • De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (PRO)
  • Corey Coleman^, WR, Baylor (STM, PRI, WOR)
  • Trevon Coley, DT, Florida Atlantic (PRO)
  • Connor Cook^, QB, Michigan State (COM, PRO)
  • Kamalei Correa, OLB/3-4OLB, Boise State (COM)
  • Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC (PRO)
  • Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (PRI)
  • Jared Goff^, QB, California (WOR, PRI)
  • Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (PRI)
  • Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M (SR)
  • Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (SR)
  • Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
  • Chris Jones, DT/3-4DE, Mississippi State (COM)
  • Shaq Lawson^, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM, PRO)
  • Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State (PRO)
  • Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (PRO)
  • Paxton Lynch^, QB, Memphis (COM, PRI)
  • Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida (SR)
  • Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Maryland (PRO)
  • Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
  • Will Parks, SS, Arizona (PRI)
  • Tyvis Powell, S, Ohio State (PRO)
  • Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (PRO)
  • Mike Rose, DE, NC State (PRO)
  • Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (PRO)
  • Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (STM)
  • Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, PRI)
  • Vincent Valentine, DT/NT, Nebraska (PRO)
  • Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
  • Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#3ZPktSgQk7Cg3pjg.99

• Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#3ZPktSgQk7Cg3pjg.99

Did not know what the STM ackronym meant... now I do. STM = "Some Type of Meeting"... lol

Interesting collection of multiple visit candidates to date with only one three-visit player...

Somehow get all these guys:

Two words: Terrelle Pryor.

Given the experience of this offensive coaching staff, I have confidence the right WRs will remain. I have been intrigued by Pryor too & now we'll see what these coaches think of him as a WR. It will be interesting.

Mike

Best receivers in this draft in my opinion are Treadwell, Shepard and Doctson

Got something against The 3 Little Baylor Bears RG3-Gordo & Coleman? Don't ruin my favorite storybook ;)

image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/CLE.gif

CLE.gif Cleveland Browns have met with:
  • Robby Anderson, WR, Temple (PRI)
  • Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
  • De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (PRO)
  • Trevon Coley, DT, Florida Atlantic (PRO)
  • Kamalei Correa, OLB/3-4OLB, Boise State (COM)
  • Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (PRI)
  • Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M (SR)
  • Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State (PRO)
  • Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (PRO)
  • Paxton Lynch^, QB, Memphis (COM, PRI)
  • Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
  • Will Parks, SS, Arizona (PRI)
  • Mike Rose, DE, NC State (PRO)
  • Vincent Valentine, DT/NT, Nebraska (PRO)

Just happy to see a boat load of OLB's on their list......:)

Just happy to see a boat load of OLB's on their list......:)

AND HOW!!! :-)-

Archived