THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Elliott. RG3 to Gordon. Triplets.

SkippinTurtles

Right, I think Elliot, Bosa, Lee and Apple are all first round guys for sure. Decker COULD fall to the second, but I think he'll be late first as well.

Elliot is worthy of consideration with our first pick, if we can move back. Decker and Thomas are worthy of consideration at #32, if Decker is there. Thomas could be worthy of consideration with our third rounder, if available. So is Adolphus Washington. Braxton could also be worthy of consideration in round three. And Vannett and Cardale all could be in consideration in the fourth with Tyvis as a late round developmental guy.

There are so many OSU guys that are available that also align with our positions of need that I'm wary of calling homerism, except for when certain people make unfounded claims regarding Bosa - who probably isn't that good.

Hall of Fame.

I would! Elliot and RG3 with another wide receiver. Browns won't though. Had Farmer done his due diligence in 2014 & 15 we might have been able to take Elliot. But I would take him at 2, then take a wide receiver. We are in a rebuild which means 2-4 years. But they still want to sell tickets so draft some players for offense for once.

The Gordon issue is getting ridiculous...just RIDICULOUS. He submitted his reinstatement application sometime in February, right? What could Goodell POSSIBLY need that he doesn't have? We have no indication that Gordon will be allowed to play, and the offseason workout stuff starts right now. Oh, and the whole "draft thing" that is coming up. It'd be nice to know if we have a badass WR or not, right? Screw you, Goodell.

I'd love to have Elliot on the team. I'm not sure Crow will ever be the guy we need, and I don't think Duke is an every down kind of guy. But let's wait and see what Hue does with Crow. Hue likes to run the ball, and maybe he can get a more consistent version of Crowell. The guy has flashed talent before, but he can't seem to do it consistently.

We keep hearing Goodell cares about player safety? BULLSHIT! The decision & ANY eligibility decision, for any player/team, needs to be mandated that said decision be made BEFORE any team activities begin & probably before free agency begins. I think Goodell is an absolute, self absorbed, ASSHOLE!

Where is the NFLPA in all this?

Mike

We keep hearing Goodell cares about player safety? BULLSHIT! The decision & ANY eligibility decision, for any player/team, needs to be mandated that said decision be made BEFORE any team activities begin & probably before free agency begins. I think Goodell is an absolute, self absorbed, ASSHOLE!

Where is the NFLPA in all this?

Mike

Well, maybe if Gordon would stop taking pictures with Manziel at nightclubs, the league would be more inclined to reinstate him.

They don't have to reinstate him on any timeline.

Well, maybe if Gordon would stop taking pictures with Manziel at nightclubs, the league would be more inclined to reinstate him.

They don't have to reinstate him on any timeline.

Whether or not they reinstate him, this decision should never drag out this long. The Team is now being punished because of his damned foot dragging.

Mike

Browns Camp started Monday with Gordon still out. Goodell since Monday has made 10 Mill. from twitter & Somehow a suspended player in Alton Smith was able to sign a 2 year deal in Oakland. Totally Agree Mike H--Roger Goddell is Self Absorbed ASSHOLA & NFLPA Smith needs to do his job both ways.. Get that Tokyo Dome ready you ass

At first glance, the thread topic garners a few laughs, but the more you think about it, the more the situation starts to sound good. Now, A THOUSAND things would have to happen in order for ANY of it to work, but how much fun would it be to root for a team with these guys playing well?

The way I look at it, things HAVE to come together for us eventually. It WILL happen, and when it does, it will be glorious. When we are "good", random players will come together. We'll find stars where others have not, players will be healthy, and things will go our way. I know it seems impossible, but it will happen one day.

Why not with these guys?

I like Zeke, but...

You don't draft RBs early in today's NFL...

And you sure as hell don't draft a RB early in a long-term, building process...

This board reeks with homerism...always has. Just pointing out that the talent telescopes used don't often reach outside the confines of the Big 10.

Steelers record of hitting on OSU players has been pretty good. The browns in recent years.....not so much. Elliot and apple would be nice though.

I like Zeke too, and I'm not saying we SHOULD draft him at two, but I am saying that I could see how it could work. Think about it like this: What if we got someone like Todd Gurley? What if we actually had a player on offense that the defense HAD to plan against? A player that could make the defense nervous.

We ARE going to be good again, guys. I don't know when that will be, but it WILL happen. And when it does, it's going to be a bunch of different components coming together at just the right time. Might as well be soon.

Elliott would be grand, but not at #2. Myabe if we do trade down to the range around #8-10, sure. To be honest, as it stands, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of:

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Jack

Buckner

Bosa

Ramsey

Elliott

So if I'm GM, I'm happy trading down to number eight, confident I'll still get a damn good football player. Beyond that, maybe Stanley would be ok, but there's a bit of a drop off, talent-wise.

Elliott would be grand, but not at #2. Myabe if we do trade down to the range around #8-10, sure. To be honest, as it stands, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of:

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Jack

Buckner

Bosa

Ramsey

Elliott

So if I'm GM, I'm happy trading down to number eight, confident I'll still get a damn good football player. Beyond that, maybe Stanley would be ok, but there's a bit of a drop off, talent-wise.

In order I would like

BOSA

RAMSEY

JACK

TUNSIL

BUCKNER

GOFF

WENTZ

ELLIOTT

Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

I agree with all of this.

Well, as I see it, I don't want the pick we take at #2 to just be a guy with a "passing grade"......I want a guy with an A or A+ grade.

A guy, even a Bosa, changing positions scares me as well.

We, as Fans, will live with whatever decisions are made, but I agree with your statement I have bolded. Not only do we not know what the draft order will be next year, but we can't predict where players in future drafts will be. We have to play the cards we're dealt THIS year.

I have a feeling day 2 of this draft may be the most important. We'll know in 3 weeks.

Mike

So you want Jalen Ramsey, DeForest Buckner or Laremy Tunsil.

I don't know. And I am not sure I care. I have some I think would be the right pick...but I really don't know. We have to wait until 2-3 years to make the evaluation. Whoever that is must be successful.

They will pick whomever they pick....I just want it to be a productive pick.

If the 2 QB's aren't in play, Elliott seems like the most complete prospect in the draft. He's as talented as Le'Veon Bell. If Bell was in this draft he would be a top 5 pick.

No, probably not. He wasn't rated that high when he came out.....I think in fact he was a second rounder.

If teams knew then what they know about him now....sure he would be a very high draft pick. But you can't look at it in hindsight. If we knew then what we knew now the Browns would not have taken 80% of the first rounders they have taken.

Also....as far as what we know about him now......you/we think he will come back to his old level after his knee surgery ala Adrian Peterson. But that is not guaranteed even. He could be his old self....or he could be a shadow of his old self.

Archived