THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release DB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

Tour2ma

I was hoping for an April Fools leftover, but sadly no...

The Cleveland Browns have waived defensive back Ifo Ekpre-Olomuicon-article-link.gif with a non-football injury.

Ekpre-Olomu was selected by the Browns in the seventh round last year. He missed the entire season with a knee injury he sustained in college.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-DB-Ifo-Ekpre-Olomu/2bab6077-a1e6-40c0-86cd-1868a6337b32

Has to have failed a physical. No doubt he'll continue to work at his rehab for a time and get a look from other teams someday... maybe even this year.

I have to wonder if it's entirely the knee, or has he lost some of the fight mentally. Probably both if truth be told. I feel bad for the kid, and hopefully he'll put that degree to good use.

Nobody in all of sports history can pick' em like my Brownies. Druggies, Drunks & Embezzlers is the new fat, drunk & stupid. Most teams would only draft them with 2 legs & a chance to play football, but not our cracked staff.. Good Luck Expre sure to see you on the other side of the field. :mad: Farmer Flyer Towels for everyone..

Nobody in all of sports history can pick' em like my Brownies. Druggies, Drunks & Embezzlers is the new fat, drunk & stupid. Most teams would only draft them with 2 legs & a chance to play football, but not our cracked staff.. Good Luck Expre sure to see you on the other side of the field. :mad: Farmer Flyer Towels for everyone..

Hey- they knew he was a serious injury risk when they took him. At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty. If you can name another 7th round pick that made it big without looking it up (other than Marques Colston) congrats.

Boy, this is devastating......

Well, for Ifo it sure is, all that rehab- for nothing.

Sorry Hoorta, but 31 teams had a pretty good clue to let that rehab happen first & not take the contract risk. As for Hardesty, he got tore up at the bottom of the pile in a mini camp scrimmage fight against Philadelphia ask Mike Golic. Never seen again.

Good luck to Ipo, hope he has a great life after football. Sometimes, an injury just can't

be overcome to the ability to play again in the NFL.

Has to have failed a physical. No doubt he'll continue to work at his rehab for a time and get a look from other teams someday... maybe even this year.

If they cut him, he's not close.

Sorry Hoorta, but 31 teams had a pretty good clue to let that rehab happen first & not take the contract risk. As for Hardesty, he got tore up at the bottom of the pile in a mini camp scrimmage fight against Philadelphia ask Mike Golic. Never seen again.

Wow, we bet rookie minimum last year $400K that Ifo would recover. Contract risk? Har, har, har. Seventh round picks almost never pay off. it was worth the money to see if the kid would pan out. He didn't- Oh- we owe him $42K- what the Browns pay a groundskeeper.

The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.

The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.

"Ekpre-Olomu feels fine, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. He’s currently able to dunk a basketball again, and he’s routinely working out with NFL-caliber players, covering receivers and otherwise performing at a high level. The Browns, however, became concerned about his ability to play 16 regular-season games based on the contents of a recent MRI of his knee." (Note: Ifo not only tore his ACL, he dislocated his knee)

One of the comments said- the Browns are either going to look stupid for drafting him, or stupid for letting him go- if he happens to turn out like a Willis McGahee, who totally destroyed his knee in the OSU- Miami National Championship game.

If we're playing Money Ball, it doesn't make sense. But the guy is only 5' 9", do the analytics say you need a taller corner- like Gilbert? LOL.

I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

Does it matter why? The FO choosing him & the FO releasing him are entirely different. Time to move on.

Mike

Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

Archived