THE BROWNS BOARD

Best mock draft I've seen so far.

One Post

Besides the fact that we didn't take Ramsey, a great draft

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 7 (S.F.): Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 4 (S.D.): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 6 (S.F.): Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas ( B)
Round 3 Pick 2: Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)
Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (A-)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (C-)
Round 6 Pick 1: Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 7 Pick 2: Soma Vainuku, FB, Southern California (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2017 Round 1 Pick
2018 Round 1 Pick

Go ahead, king me. Best Draft ever.

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:

2017 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick

Not realistic imo

So, the Browns play a 3-4 hybrid whateve...our defensive line

is solid.

RDE 93 Hughes, John 12/3 97 Wynn, Dylan CF15
NT 71 Shelton, Danny 15/1 98 Meder, Jamie CF14
LDE 92 BRYANT, DESMOND U/Oak 96 Cooper, Xavier 15/3

And they draft three de's and a dl? Sounds like a computerized "bpa" or something.

Nope.

Nor good.

What? First that's an impossible haul and two how in the hell are you going to say that isn't a good draft? It would never, ever happen but I'd be over the damn moon if I were a browns fan.

no, it has suckage. The first defensive player is Mills, who I would not draft at all.

from cbssports:

WEAKNESSES: Lean-framed and lacks an ideal build. Plays flat-footed with inconsistent eye discipline - relies too much on his recovery athleticism.

Not an excited tackler with inconsistent effort and hesitant decisions vs. the run. Throws his body around, but not a mechanically sound striker. Misjudges angles in the middle of the field. Prefers to go around blockers, lacking the functional strength to quickly disengage. Not comfortable playing the ball once he turns his back to the quarterback, struggling to turn and locate or read the eyes of the receiver.

Needs to make more plays on the ball and finish interceptions. Emotionally charged and needs to keep his wits on the field. Suffered a fractured fibula in his left leg and damaged ankle ligaments (Aug. 2015), sidelining him for the first half of the 2015 season. Off-field character is a question mark following a May 2014 incident where he was charged with striking a woman in the face - second-degree battery charge was dropped to misdemeanor simple battery and he enrolled in a one-year intervention program instead of standing trial (charge has since been expunged from his record).

IN OUR VIEW: Mills was frequently on an island at LSU and he responded well with the speed and fluid redirection skills to smother receivers in press, off and zone coverages. Although his off-field baggage and tweener traits are question marks, Mills has the athleticism to be secure a nickelback role in the NFL, doing his best work as a slot corner.

COMPARES TO: Darius Butler, Indianapolis Colts -- Mills and Butler have some tweener traits, but both are quick, aggressive men who are comfortable in space and do their best work lined up on the inside.

--Dane Brugler (2/9/16)

in the same round, I'd pick Miles Killebrew in the fourth round. He's getting attention

from the Bengals...and other teams.

kickass strong safety, not a character risk like Mills.

in the same round, I'd pick Miles Killebrew in the fourth round. He's getting attention

from the Bengals...and other teams.

kickass strong safety, not a character risk like Mills.

He's not going to make it to the 4th round.

Yeah, but referring to this mock, he was picked a few picks later than Mills.

He'll be nabbed somewhere in the third round...probably?

Wow... Browns news is sloooooow right now. There is nothing out there. Creeeeepy... hahaha

Anyways, I would like either Bosa or Ramsey at #2

I think Lynch is going to be a good QB at the next level.

We are rebuilding RG3, I think that with the right staff this guy could be exciting to watch, I don't think that it's going to be a long term situation but exciting until we find the future. I however, don't think that we should burn a #2 overall pick to find out just yet. Let's build the team and then find the guy, or take a chance on a young guy in the later rounds. Just early picks from here on out HAVE to pan out for this rebuild to work. No more guessing in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, but referring to this mock, he was picked a few picks later than Mills.

He'll be nabbed somewhere in the third round...probably?

2nd or 3rd with a shift from teams to exotic nickel looks. He's not great in coverage but he's a savage and a monster in run support.

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:

2017 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick

How the fucking hell do you think you are getting the #4 and #6 picks in the second round? Some silly fantasy trade?

It's hard to get excited about one draft when your team has SO MANY holes, but I agree...I like this one. It addresses some of our biggest needs, and I like both of those players for the first two rounds. The most glaring problem is that we had an atrocious defense last year, and these first two picks don't address that at all. We didn't stop the run, rush the passer, or really cover anybody. We just cut Whitner, and this has me thinking about just who in the world will be playing in our defensive backfield. Does this also mean that Tramon Williams will be let go as well? I mean, he played well for a little while last season, but then he seemed to definitely struggle like everyone else. Our safeties will be...what? Poyer and Campbell? (I think that's his name). On the outside, we have Haden and Williams, with K'Waun getting the nickel? (until he gets his 45th concussion)

So many holes, and not enough picks. I'd love to trade down a few spots, but you'd have to have a trade partner, and I don't see anybody in this draft worth giving up picks for. Perhaps if a team really thinks one of the qb's is worth it, but I'm not getting that feeling. Maybe it's just time to bite the bullet and take an early QB. Stop getting cute and trying to "win the draft" by getting picks. My concern is that neither Goff or Wentz possesses the right rating to merit the second pick of the draft. Our football talent gurus are way smarter than I am, and if they pick a QB, then that tells me he's worth it. RG III intrigues me as well...I wouldn't be on it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see RG III be MUCH BETTER than many give him credit for.

That OP draft has room for improvement.

1] Keanu Neal on the board [rated a 1st round pick by some, the 2nd best safety in the field] and KJ Dillon on the board [rated round 3] and TJ Green [also round 3] and the OP goes with.. Mills? ["At the Senior Bowl, Mills was not impressive."]

2] Why in the 5th round was someone named Jamal Palmer drafted? He's a UDFA at best.

3] Same question with the guy from Campbell in Round 7.

4] Sean Davis and Rashard Robinson and Brian Poole and James Bradberry [samford, round 3 rated but undrafted in the OP's mock] are still on the board at CB even in round 5, and.. Lloyd Carrington is the pick? Carrington will get drafted, but not before any of those 4.

In short, the mock is not good. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Our safeties will be...what? Poyer and Campbell? (I think that's his name). On the outside, we have Haden and Williams, with K'Waun getting the nickel? (until he gets his 45th concussion)

So many holes, and not enough picks. Perhaps if a team really thinks one of the qb's is worth it, but I'm not getting that feeling. Maybe it's just time to bite the bullet and take an early QB.

Both Poyer and Campbell played well at times in the opportunities they had. Time to check them out thoroughly.

As for not enough picks... think three drafts, not one. But in this one it's QB time...

I still expect a few more FA signings for what its worth.

UFA's are pretty much over.

UDFA's? There will be a boatload...

What? First that's an impossible haul and two how in the hell are you going to say that isn't a good draft? It would never, ever happen but I'd be over the damn moon if I were a browns fan.

Lots of reasons its not great but lets just go with we are the Browns and waited until round 5 for a shitty QB

I think part of the frustration I'm feeling over taking a QB with the second pick is knowing that he probably won't see the field much in 2016. Now, there is always a chance that we have a "Russell Wilson" type situation, and our rookie QB outplays the veteran and earns the starting nod. I think if that happened, I would literally explode with excitement. But let's say our new rookie performs more like a traditional rookie, and he doesn't take over right away. At this moment, we still have both McCown AND RG III on the roster, so even if the starting QB gets hurt, the odds are that the other veteran will be the second string, right? It's going to be difficult to take a guy at #2 and NOT seeing him on the field. Sure, we'll get some preseason action, but it's going to really suck to take a guy SO HIGH and not see him on the gridiron.

And this is Cleveland...so how long before the fans and media start clamoring for the rookie to be put in? We all know how it goes. We're all excited about the start of the season, and before you know it, we're 1-6, out of the playoffs, and everybody is screaming to see the rookie. I just don't want that to happen, and we've seen it before.

Mistake not taking Ben Roethlisberger. ust as big of a mistake passing on Paxton Lynch. The guy is going to be a great NFL QB.

Bigger mistake not taking Rodgers when he was available. As for Lynch....I only hope he becomes a great NFL QB if by some slight chance the Browns do take him.

And this is Cleveland...so how long before the fans and media start clamoring for the rookie to be put in? We all know how it goes. We're all excited about the start of the season, and before you know it, we're 1-6, out of the playoffs, and everybody is screaming to see the rookie. I just don't want that to happen, and we've seen it before.

Every move this org has made screams, "This time is different. We are doing it our way."

Archived