THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam Interview

Flugel

A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

Mike

A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

Mike

Great to hear!

Mike

Ever the salesman......he was just touting First Energy....who holds the stadium naming rights.

On that question.....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name? Of course, I guess they went away from that when that company was no longer exclusive to Ohio.

.....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name?

By 'any of you', do you also mean people who don't live, and never have lived, anywhere near Ohio?

I'm kinda partial to, Pilot J's Flying Circus.

--------

Haslam preaches patience every year at this time. Then, in January, he boots everyone out. (Horton is obviously a glutton for punishment)

In Haslam's defense, he absolutely HAD to clean house this last time. Pettine's no head coach and Farmer shouldn't even be a scout. (I thought he had some good coaches the last time Horton was here though. Norv Turner on offense...)

Haslam mentions how it's a very steep learning curve for him. I'm certain it is.....but gee-whiz, couldn't he have learned ANYTHING while he was part owner of the Steelers? What? Did he just want a yellow towel and a luxury box to eat chocolate bon-bons in?

I've gotta give him a little credit this time for thinking out of the box and setting up a committee of Harvard guys to handle the draft. The 'football people' seem to screw it up year in and year out.

Haslam preaches patience every year at this time. Then, in January, he boots everyone out. (Horton is obviously a glutton for punishment)

In Haslam's defense, he absolutely HAD to clean house this last time. Pettine's no head coach and Farmer shouldn't even be a scout. (I thought he had some good coaches the last time Horton was here though. Norv Turner on offense...)

Haslam mentions how it's a very steep learning curve for him. I'm certain it is.....but gee-whiz, couldn't he have learned ANYTHING while he was part owner of the Steelers? What? Did he just want a yellow towel and a luxury box to eat chocolate bon-bons in?

I've gotta give him a little credit this time for thinking out of the box and setting up a committee of Harvard guys to handle the draft. The 'football people' seem to screw it up year in and year out.

I'm not saying we got the next Eddie DeBartolo Jr or anything. That said, Eddie went through a lot of growing pains early on in SF hiring and firing a lot of the wrong people until he finally found the right guy at the right time. Coincidentally, they also found the perfect QB for the WCO in round 3.

Haslam began the off season press conference saying the blame starts with him and he needed to be better. I know this is the time of year us Diehards put our game faces on for the season; but I really think he hired the right guys for the front office and head coaching positions. Adding to our draft volumes in 2016 and 2017 didn't suck while they didn't waste FA $ on has beens.

If our 2014 team could get off to a 7-4 start in spite of a lot of injuries just 1 year after winning just 4 games - I see no reason this team can't surprise people too. We had 3 playoff teams in our division in 2014. Of our 9 losses, we had 2nd half leads or tie scores in 6 of them.

Archived