THE BROWNS BOARD

Around the Division

Zombo

--Bengals first round pick, CB William Johnson, has a torn pectoral muscle and will miss significant time. Probably looking at 3-4 months, getting a second opinion but he could go on IR.

--Steelers CB Senquez Golson could miss 12 weeks with Lisfranc injury

--Ravens cut a RB at the bottom of their roster. His name was Trent Richardson.

Zombo

--Bengals first round pick, CB William Johnson, has a torn pectoral muscle and will miss significant time. Probably looking at 3-4 months, getting a second opinion but he could go on IR.

Think Tour was going out of town & so to make it official. It is William Jackson III that played with Houston Cougars. When Tour sees talent, he's usually right & liked this kid. This one will hurt Bungels with our size on Gordon & Pryor (our twin towers ;))

LOL- I think Trent has firmly placed himself in the "Top 10 Biggest Busts of All Time". I did have to look it up- Smokin' Willie Green rivals him in crappy stats, but Willie wasn't drafted as high- 16th as opposed to 3rd- and at least the Browns didn't give up draft picks to get him. That we managed to snooker a first round pick out of the Colts for him was a miracle- and we proceeded to blow that pick too- on Johnny Party Animal.

LOL- I think Trent has firmly placed himself in the "Top 10 Biggest Busts of All Time".

it's amazing in this day and age, with all the analytics and all the personnel hired to scout and find talent, that 'busts' still occur.

i wonder what team has had more first round busts than the browns? i know cleveland has got to be up in the top 5 with that stat.

Richardson..... nice job holmgren.....

and the story ends

Sure. But, to be fair, we got about a 1300 combined yards, 13 TDs in that one year, and then a first round pick. Not exactly Justin Gilbert territory.

Sure. But, to be fair, we got about a 1300 combined yards, 13 TDs in that one year, and then a first round pick. Not exactly Justin Gilbert territory.

the book is yet to be written on gilbert...... probably another dee milner, who is now, finally, starting to show promise with the jets.

we'll cut him or trade him like we did sheard and he will go on to be a pro bowl player somewhere else. that's what happens with cleveland football.

I really see a down year for the Bengals. Dalton will falter without Hue, and Marvin Lewis just isn't a leader of men. He will be gone at the end of this year.

Steelers will have one of the leagues best offenses, and Ryan Shazier solidifies himself as an up and coming star LB. fucking steelers.

Ravens are a wildcard, they're under the gun for the first time in a while, should be interesting to see if they can pick it back up after a down year

we'll cut him or trade him like we did sheard and he will go on to be a pro bowl player somewhere else. that's what happens with cleveland football.

Thats because the Patriots are smart enough to play DE's at.....wait for it.......DE!

While the Browns continue to take giant slow DE's and play em at OLB....

Sheard was solid as they get at DE.....then "Horton" made him(and Kruger) move to LB.....along with Mingo.....and then we did it with Orchard.......and now Ogbah(at least they were till Bryant went down).....

Sheard had 15.5 sacks his first 2 years at DE.....then only 7 the next 2 years combined(after they moved him).....Bullychuck put him back at DE and....waalaa....8 sacks playing part time...

See how that works?......

it's amazing in this day and age, with all the analytics and all the personnel hired to scout and find talent, that 'busts' still occur.

i wonder what team has had more first round busts than the browns? i know cleveland has got to be up in the top 5 with that stat.

Since what date? Going back to 1950 when the Browns started? 1936 when the draft started? 1966 when the common NFL/AFL draft started. Just this century?

Thats because the Patriots are smart enough to play DE's at.....wait for it.......DE!

While the Browns continue to take giant slow DE's and play em at OLB....

Sheard was solid as they get at DE.....then "Horton" made him(and Kruger) move to LB.....along with Mingo.....and then we did it with Orchard.......and now Ogbah(at least they were till Bryant went down).....

Sheard had 15.5 sacks his first 2 years at DE.....then only 7 the next 2 years combined(after they moved him).....Bullychuck put him back at DE and....waalaa....8 sacks playing part time...

See how that works?......

I agree to a point. The Bryany injury probably altered their plan, but the silver lining is since Ogbah is moving to DE, it may open up an ILB spot for Scooby, as sure of a tackler as I have ever seen in college.

Since what date? Going back to 1950 when the Browns started? 1936 when the draft started? 1966 when the common NFL/AFL draft started. Just this century?

Probably none of the above. Perhaps since the Browns came back in '99.

Even better since 1990, after the phenominal Kosar years.

That is when the Browns truly began their decline.

Fans like to say the Browns have sucked since their return, which isn't entirely true, depending on how you look at it. They were bad most of 90's decade.

It's as though they simply picked up where they left off when they returned.

3-13

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

I agree to a point. The Bryany injury probably altered their plan, but the silver lining is since Ogbah is moving to DE, it may open up an ILB spot for Scooby, as sure of a tackler as I have ever seen in college.

How would that logic go? Ogbah moving from OLB to DE opens up ILB?

Fans like to say the Browns have sucked since their return, which isn't entirely true, depending on how you look at it. They were bad most of 90's decade.

3-13

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

Ah yes, the Belichick years. So? You think he is responsible for the decline? (In a certain sense, I might agree)

How would that logic go? Ogbah moving from OLB to DE opens up ILB?

I think one of the ILB moves outside, like Kirksey. Just a hunch on my part....I think Mingo's a goner.

3-13

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

See a new thread I am going to start.

I think one of the ILB moves outside, like Kirksey. Just a hunch on my part....I think Mingo's a goner.

I would highly doubt Mingo gets cut at this stage, and Kirksey is pretty much set in stone as our ILB with Davis. Most likely, the coaching staff is happy to go with Kruger, Mingo, Orchard and Schobert at OLB. I would have expected Schobert to get looks inside and out with Ogbah at OLB, but now expect him to be almost exclusively outside.

This probably is the end of the line for TR.

There's always the Arena league...

... Marvin Lewis just isn't a leader of men. He will be gone at the end of this year.

Might end up gone, but not a leader?

3-13

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

Intelligent folks would call that a building process derailed by an owner.

• 2 weeks later...

LeVeon Bell's suspension reduced to 3 games.

Deal worked out that he remains in current status...should he fail again it will be a 4 game suspension next time instead of 10.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

yeah i saw. watching the replay of the hawks browns and they cut in and do a live 5 min report about it.

once again the steelers just fuckin up a browns fan day.

oh btw. tell mr. fuckin river dance rooney he can shove his shileleigh right up his old wrinkled ass with goodell's tongue leadin the way.

Roger's gone soft?

• Missed tests no longer = "Fails"...
  • Spousal abuse gets you one game, not six...

We need a "Law & Order" Commish...

Meanwhile around the division...

Caught some of Cinci's 2nd rehearsal... my wishful predictions of their demise, may have been a tad premature...

Still I'll pencil us in for one upset of them in our two meetings... cause it's what we do.

Archived