THE BROWNS BOARD

Rule change idea to reward aggressive offense.

SkippinTurtles

Make TD's 7pts. Instead of a 2pt conversion, make it 3. 10 pt drives. Then make all kicks have to be outside of 50 because those are the only kicks anyone wants to see. 50 yard extra point = 2pts. Field goals from 50 or more = 2pts. Let the real players score. Make the kickers earn their checks.

They should also have a slam dunk competition during halftime to determine who gets the ball after the half.

They should also have a slam dunk competition during halftime to determine who gets the ball after the half.

Trampoline pole-vault assisted slam dunk, and the net should be 50 feet high. But first, a mascot foot race to decide who tries to slam dunk first, while they're being pelted with dodgeballs, thrown by dwarves dressed as ewoks.

Shit, just change the rules to 15 on offense and 8 on defense...... That should provide plenty of points and make the game "more exciting" lmao

Cut the field from from 100 to 40 yards. Everything is red zone, much more interesting.

We don't want injured QBs or other skill players, so let's just get rid of tackling too.

And another idea, forget the pass rush, just have the QB on a timer - five seconds to pass or it's next down.

Shit, just change the rules to 15 on offense and 8 on defense...... That should provide plenty of points and make the game "more exciting" lmao

In all seriousness- the defenses are hamstrung enough already. Can't hardly touch a quarterback anymore without drawing a flag. Ditto the corners trying to guard receivers.

If you want to make it harder on the kickers- the next move would be to raise the crossbar up from 10 feet to 12.

In all seriousness- the defenses are hamstrung enough already. Can't hardly touch a quarterback anymore without drawing a flag. Ditto the corners trying to guard receivers.

If you want to make it harder on the kickers- the next move would be to raise the crossbar up from 10 feet to 12.

I like that hoorta. Maybe even narrow the posts.

I like that hoorta. Maybe even narrow the posts.

:) They've been narrowed once already Keith. Make 'em like Arena League goalposts. (Not just yet)

That's my one complaint about the NBA- they've never raised the baskets. Fans love those power dunks. It's just gotten too easy for the pros. Mutumbo could about dunk not even jumping. We used to play in a grade school gym where you could crank the baskets down to 8'. It's no challenge dribbling till you fake your defender out for an easy slam.

I just wish they would leave all distances (including PATs) as they have been since my childhood, including widening of current hash marks & then narrow the goalposts. There is no need to play with the basic scoring system. I have seen enough compromising of the basic game. STOP!

Mike

Karlis would have still missed & Phil Dawson now hates you :P

I just wish they would leave all distances (including PATs) as they have been since my childhood, including widening of current hash marks & then narrow the goalposts. There is no need to play with the basic scoring system. I have seen enough compromising of the basic game. STOP!

Mike

The current college standard hash mark distance was the NFL distance until it was changed in 1971. So if you were born in 1965 or earlier those were the hash marks of your childhood.

make the kickers pick it off the ground and kick/punt it like in australian rules football. lose the holder position and put in a gymnast who has to time a trampoline jump to catch it dive through the goal posts.

Mike

Agree 100%.

Perhaps just narrowing the goal posts would've accomplished the objective but I'm not opposed to slapping the kicker again with wider hash's. :)

It might bring the 2 point conversion into play...and the fake extra point.

Why is discussing rule changes so taboo to you hicks? They happen every year. Extra points are boring. Period. 3 point conversions would kill the extra point. Can we at least agree the extra point kinda sucks? Do something different.

Because change isn't needed, and it's almost always not a good thing....... Ask the Vikings if extra points/super short FGs are important.

Why is discussing rule changes so taboo to you hicks? They happen every year. Extra points are boring. Period. 3 point conversions would kill the extra point. Can we at least agree the extra point kinda sucks? Do something different.

it isn't taboo, it's just boring. The football people will tweak the rules when they need tweaked.

Change for changes sake is stupid, pointless, and a blight on football.

it isn't taboo, it's just boring. The football people will tweak the rules when they need tweaked.

Change for changes sake is stupid, pointless, and a blight on football.

no doubt.....bent all the rules to increase scoring....created the "passing" era....eliminated the excitement of the kick returns.....and completely pussified the game.....I say enough too.......Id rather have less points and still be allowed to maul the QB and Wr's.....for me, THAT was much more fun to watch than some more passes from pretty QB's to their diva WR's.......

no doubt.....bent all the rules to increase scoring....created the "passing" era....eliminated the excitement of the kick returns.....and completely pussified the game.....I say enough too.......Id rather have less points and still be allowed to maul the QB and Wr's.....for me, THAT was much more fun to watch than some more passes from pretty QB's to their diva WR's.......

Great so now 2nd & 3rd string QBs would be the leaders. That Pitt vs Cincy game was so great last season B)

Regarding the extra points- been part of the game forever. They're not going to be boring the end of the year in a snowstorm. If it's not broken, don't try and fix it.

With my NBA analogy- should they eliminate free throws? Boring. Make it a dunk competition and have judges award points on artistic merit. You get 10 points if you make a free throw from mid court.

One rule change I would consider.......is trading 2 regular season games for 2 preseason games, giving us a longer reg season and earlier start on meaningful football.....and add 5 men to the roster....

Nah Mud- no longer regular season, there's enough injuries as it is. Do you really want guys playing regular season games the end of August in places like Tampa and Miami? BUT- for sure that 4th preseason game is sort of a joke. At least the Browns cut the price on that game we season ticket holders have to buy.

Archived