THE BROWNS BOARD

Sunday Question

One Post

If we are a nation led under God, who is the best Pres. Canidate? Who is a leader of men, a country and a super power? Who defies the other being the obvious choice for President of the United States? More importantly which one is to be revered?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem comical with your reference but what built this nation was the structure of Bibilical reference. There's things that are wrong and if you haven't noticed we've become soft and gay.

My father was a Baptist preacher. Yes it rings true that PK's (preachers kids) wind up being trouble sometime. In my Baptist upbringing their were conflicts in the church of a woman leading men. Just would like to know some opinions and Vapor I know you're above South Park.

If we are a nation led under God, who is the best Pres. Canidate? Who is a leader of men, a country and a super power? Who defies the other being the obvious choice for President of the United States? More importantly which one is to be revered?

I wanted to see Cruz win but he lost.

So you weigh things out. Who is better on the issues. I am very pro life so I would never vote for someone as pro abortion as Clinton. I am not sure how pro life Trump really is but he says he is now pro life. The next president may have a number of appointments to the Supreme Court. I want to see constitutional judges which Trump says he will appoint while I know with Clinton she will appoint liberal ideologue judges. I like Trump's business background over Clinton who has never employed anyone or even ran a lemon aid stand. Trump will secure our southern border and do a better job fighting terrorism. Trump gave up millions of dollars to get into politics while Clinton has enriched herself with millions of dollars in politics. Trump also threw a bone to social conservatives like me in picking a social conservative like Pence for VP.

Stuart

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, and Jesus.

I wanted to see Cruz win but he lost.

So you weigh things out. Who is better on the issues. I am very pro life so I would never vote for someone as pro abortion as Clinton. I am not sure how pro life Trump really is but he says he is now pro life. The next president may have a number of appointments to the Supreme Court. I want to see constitutional judges which Trump says he will appoint while I know with Clinton she will appoint liberal ideologue judges. I like Trump's business background over Clinton who has never employed anyone or even ran a lemon aid stand. Trump will secure our southern border and do a better job fighting terrorism. Trump gave up millions of dollars to get into politics while Clinton has enriched herself with millions of dollars in politics. Trump also threw a bone to social conservatives like me in picking a social conservative like Pence for VP.

Very cool obf. After reading your post I got that feeling again. The feeling of someone else noticing beyond small matters into a President that will finally change things. It's power that needs direction in the same place other than $$$$$$$

Stuart is right especially for anyone who says they are a Christian. You can admire and respect leaders but never idolize worship or revere them. That is for One alone Jesus.

The revering aspect I have ...let's be clear...

When the Pres. walks in...it's hey straighten up! It's the President! Higher than a judge he should have respect. RESPECT

The revering aspect I have ...let's be clear...

When the Pres. walks in...it's hey straighten up! It's the President! Higher than a judge he should have respect. RESPECT

I see what your saying and I agree but some take this too far.

For example I don't want any public schools singing songs to our president (like we saw in some schools with children singing their songs to Obama), that puts me in mind of what they do in North Korea. I don't think any mere person should be exalted but respected honored and admired is fine. Especially when the honor is earned.

Very cool obf. After reading your post I got that feeling again. The feeling of someone else noticing beyond small matters into a President that will finally change things. It's power that needs direction in the same place other than $$$$$$$

Stuart

OBF is spot on, and a lot of what he said is pretty much a common theme, so I'm glad he could finally get through to you.

However, your Sunday thread title implies discussing the presidential choice from the pulpit correct?..."if we are a nation under God who is the best Pres. candidate" is what you said...well, most of OBF's reply to you would not be allowed to be preached from the pulpit....you know the "separation of church and state" baloney.

Stuart

OBF is spot on, but a lot of what he said is pretty much a common theme, so I'm glad he could finally get through to you.

However, your Sunday thread title implies discussing the presidential choice from the pulpit correct?..."if we are a nation under God who is the best Pres. candidate" is you said...well, most of what OBF said would not be allowed to be preached from the pulpit.

I agree but not to your point.

I'm not saying who is the best preacher mind you but saying who is the best candidate through the church. Which means a lot.

You are so reckless to me I've fought back in harshness. Until you show me respect i will think of your words in war.

I see what your saying and I agree but some take this too far.

For example I don't want any public schools singing songs to our president (like we saw in some schools with children singing their songs to Obama), that puts me in mind of what they do in North Korea. I don't think any mere person should be exalted but respected honored and admired is fine. Especially when the honor is earned.

I missed this post. Any obf have a nice Sunday you deserve it.

I agree but not to your point.

I'm not saying who is the best preacher mind you but saying who is the best candidate through the church. Which means a lot.

You are so reckless to me I've fought back in harshness. Until you show me respect i will think of your words in war.

Stuart

WTF??? Try reading my post again. The first bolded statement is not at all what I said.

The second bolded statement is what I touched on...you cant preach politics from the pulpit.

You seem comical with your reference but what built this nation was the structure of Bibilical reference. There's things that are wrong and if you haven't noticed we've become soft and gay.

My father was a Baptist preacher. Yes it rings true that PK's (preachers kids) wind up being trouble sometime. In my Baptist upbringing their were conflicts in the church of a woman leading men. Just would like to know some opinions and Vapor I know you're above South Park.

Don't knock South park

Thank you OBF for your posts.

As for the rest of you ..you really have no clue or any values. I've been insulted enough in this forum but that's ok because you heard it here first. America has gone down the shit trail and every long standing superpower eventually does. Look back in history we are just one of the many countries to finally give in to the greed and dishonesty of human nature. You may not completely see it for its a slow erosion.

It's the ones who stand pat and keep what is ours for its only a speck of time in a huge hourglass. Hundreds of years from now you will never hear of you or I but the leaders of our country that have led his country into demise. As Christians or so called Christians you can only unite right now and keep your choices vocal.

If we are a nation led under God, who is the best Pres. Canidate? Who is a leader of men, a country and a super power? Who defies the other being the obvious choice for President of the United States? More importantly which one is to be revered? One

well, I'm taking a lunch break after working outside in the garden, and taking some weedy hay bales to make

a bridge of sorts across the bog over the old gas line road, I was thinking that what you want to ask, is

who is the best candidate for our country - as far as Biblical family values goes?

One of them is this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thune

but he didn't run. The left has grown into a belligerent, hateful, manipulative, extremely dishonest,

starving for power, ill-gotten wealth, and control. Some of the very best folks who should run...

won't. Why subject their families to being heckled, ridiculed, lied about, even if they did manage to win

the presidency?

Progressives have fought against children simply praying before lunch, or drawing a picture of them hunting

with their Dad/parents. All the great things about who we are as a country, is being undermined.

Activist, dishonest/anti-Constitution judges have been put in place for years. We have a hateful, dishonest,

marxist leaning president. Two black racist hateful dishonest attorney generals in a row.

It doesn't matter in this election who the best person to run on family values is... but Trump has a terrific, successful

family.

He has warts, nobody is perfect. But the alternative is a worse experiment in dangerous disaster and direction

for our country. If we don't turn around now, it could be never. Water's World - he interviews people who do

not know WHO THE CURRENT VP IS.

Revered? Depends on what you mean. I admire Reagan. He was GREAT for this country.

George Washington was admired and respected hugely, in an age of no media, for who he was

as a person, a leader, and then as president. Like has already been said - "revere" is too much like

Mao posters on all buildings. or stalin, or fidel. etc.

we are headed for big, serious trouble, and it will smack our country in the face if higgardly were to

win the WH

and "who defies the other".... I still don't know what you are trying to ask.

Dunn Dunn duunnnn

And here I though Cruz was god's chosen candidate

If you believe them, most of them are god's candidates. Cruz, Carson, Huckabee, Bush - either god is playing a (rather funny) practical joke on them all, or most or all of them are wrong. I wonder which it could be.

If you believe them, most of them are god's candidates. Cruz, Carson, Huckabee, Bush - either god is playing a (rather funny) practical joke on them all, or most or all of them are wrong. I wonder which it could be.

Anyone can claim anything. I can go to the ocean and boldy claim the tide doesn't rise....on the other hand you have pro abortion Hillary Clinton claiming Christians need to support abortion (apparently she knows what God wants too...although what she wants goes against "thou shall not commit murder":

Hillary Clinton: Force Christians to Change Their Religious Views to Support Abortion

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/04/27/hillary-clinton-force-christians-to-change-their-religious-views-to-support-abortion/

Anyone can claim anything. I can go to the ocean and boldy claim the tide doesn't rise....on the other hand you have pro abortion Hillary Clinton claiming Christians need to support abortion (apparently she knows what God wants too...although what she wants goes against "thou shall not commit murder":

Hillary Clinton: Force Christians to Change Their Religious Views to Support Abortion

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/04/27/hillary-clinton-force-christians-to-change-their-religious-views-to-support-abortion/

Anyone running in the U.S. has to claim they are Christian if they want to win. Hillary is as much a christian as I am.

Anyone running in the U.S. has to claim they are Christian if they want to win. Hillary is as much a christian as I am.

true: claim to be a Christian with little evidence of it is fine (mandatory) but claim to be a Christian and actually believe the bible that is just too extreme and far out there for much of the electorate. So the logic would be give us the phony one over the real one.

true: claim to be a Christian with little evidence of it is fine (mandatory) but claim to be a Christian and actually believe the bible that is just too extreme and far out there for much of the electorate. So the logic would be give us the phony one over the real one.

Not really. Claim to believe in the christian god, but also that a literal interpretation of everything in the bible is wrong - fine. Claim to believe in the christian god, and also everything that can be disproved, less fine.

Not really. Claim to believe in the christian god, but also that a literal interpretation of everything in the bible is wrong - fine. Claim to believe in the christian god, and also everything that can be disproved, less fine.

And how far do you take that? When you take it to a point where clear teaching in the bible is being denied such as homosexuality being a sin as well as the sin of murder (abortion) then you are a Christian in name only like I said...the bible is the basis of our beliefs as Christians and when you take that away you have nothing. You are simply being your own god and making up your own faith.

And how far do you take that? When you take it to a point where clear teaching in the bible is being denied such as homosexuality being a sin as well as the sin of murder (abortion) then you are a Christian in name only like I said...the bible is the basis of our beliefs as Christians and when you take that away you have nothing. You are simply being your own god and making up your own faith.

Because the bible may say that homosexuality is a sin, but also that we are not in a position to judge, and that we should love people regardless of their sins?

Archived