THE BROWNS BOARD

Marvin Harrison Remembers Infante in HOF Speech

Flugel

As a person born and raised in Upstate NY, Syracuse had strong RB tradition inclusive of: Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Joe Morris, Art Monk, Moose Johnston, and others. Needless to say, the local major college football team became my second favorite team to Ohio State.

Along the way, a guy like Marvin Harrison came along to put their passing game on the map. This guy was a great WR before he had access to Peyton Manning if you ever had the chance to see him play at SU. All he did was play great football and keep his mouth shut all the years he played WR in college and at the NFL level.

In fact, the guy was always so quiet - I couldn't wait to hear him finally say something in a 12-15 minute speech. It was really cool to see one of the first NFL guys he felt worthy of thanks/praise was Lindy Infante and rightfully so. Infante was the best Offensive Coordinator I've seen in the last 4-5 decades in Cleveland so it was nice to see him honored as close by as Canton.

Things really changed my opinion Of Marvin after the shooting and killing of someone he was tied to. The same reason I don't like Ray Lewis. You kill someone with a gun it's taboo.

I don't watch much Syracuse Football but my fav Orangeman was Rony Seiklay.(basketball)

Things really changed my opinion Of Marvin after the shooting and killing of someone he was tied to. The same reason I don't like Ray Lewis. You kill someone with a gun it's taboo.

I don't watch much Syracuse Football but my fav Orangeman was Rony Seiklay.(basketball)

I can't really blame you for that change of opinion. I never really spent a lot of time researching why a guy who was never in any trouble suddenly was a suspect.

I'm sure we have some trolls ready to pounce on this thinking it makes Big Ben a better human being than his inventory count of 2 female victims because his employer is powerful enough to make evidence disappear.

I can't really blame you for that change of opinion. I never really spent a lot of time researching why a guy who was never in any trouble suddenly was a suspect.

I'm sure we have some trolls ready to pounce on this thinking it makes Big Ben a better human being than his inventory of 2 female victims because his employer is powerful enough to make evidence go bye bye.

Ya Marvin seems like such a great guy in his quietness. I guess I'll be watching the speech as well with hope down the line he was not directly involved. It all comes out in the wash.

Ya Marvin seems like such a great guy in his quietness. I guess I'll be watching the speech as well with hope down the line he was not directly involved. It all comes out in the wash.

You have your reasoning and I respect that.

The main point of this thread was a very talented WR felt one of our former and his former coaches was significant enough in his NFL career to be remembered. I used to love the way Infante spread defensive formations horizontally for our HOF TE to exploit the seams while our RBs enjoyed favorable matchups in the passing game especially in our 12-4 season back in 1986. I think our RBs combined to catch something like 123 passes. That worked well in tandem with Brian Brennan moving the chains over the middle on 3rd downs whenever RB Herman Fontenot didn't. Brennan led our WRs in receptions that year despite playing mostly on 3rd down. That setup sure made it easy for an intelligent QB with cement shoes to bury the blitz. Fun memories I have of our offense when Lindy Infante was orchestrating it.

You have your reasoning and I respect that.

The main point of this thread was a very talented WR felt one of our former and his former coaches was significant enough in his NFL career to be remembered. I used to love the way Infante spread defensive formations horizontally for our HOF TE to exploit the seams while our RBs enjoyed favorable matchups in the passing game especially in our 12-4 season back in 1986. I think our RBs combined to catch something like 123 passes. That worked well in tandem with Brian Brennan moving the chains over the middle on 3rd downs whenever RB Herman Fontenot didn't. Brennan led our WRs in receptions that year despite playing mostly on 3rd down. That setup sure made it easy for an intelligent QB with cement shoes to bury the blitz. Fun memories I have of our offense when Lindy Infante was orchestrating it.

Awesome. Brian Brennan that's a blast from the past! Flutes angel.

Ya I'm sorry Flugel. Marvin deserves it didn't mean to rain doubt. Rock on

And Flugel..

Yes I'm an ex convict. It was long ago and had circumstances. Nontheless I was guitly and did my time. Saying, I've developed a sense of truth to accountability to everyone. If I had to show up and do whatever it takes to prove I'm worthy of being a citizen with or without the blessings of each and every law obeyer, then everyone should too. It's the conviction of everyone's eyes not just the facade of what a person should be in court of law.

Archived