THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump was in his element today

Clevfan4life

I haven't watched it, but I heard he was proposing a temporary moratorium on many regulations during his economic speech today.

More like aboloshing regulations entirely. The caveat he drew ofc was "regulations that cost jobs". Well technically you could make that case for all regulations. Like not letting companies dump mercury in our water, well what about the guys who drive the barrels of mercury out to the river, what ate they gonna donow? Those were good middle class jobs giving everyone mercury poison, fucking commies

Less taxes and less government regulations = more jobs and growing economy. Always has and always will. Look at what has happened in Ireland with that philosophy.

Tax Policy, Not Luck of the Irish, Is Responsible For Ireland's Economic Success

Over the last three decades, Ireland has launched itself into the ranks of the wealthiest countries on the globe, and it has done so in no small part due to its enlightened tax policy.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/tax-policy-not-luck-of-the-irish-is-responsible-for-irelands-economic-success/article/2001604

More like aboloshing regulations entirely. The caveat he drew ofc was "regulations that cost jobs". Well technically you could make that case for all regulations. Like not letting companies dump mercury in our water, well what about the guys who drive the barrels of mercury out to the river, what ate they gonna donow? Those were good middle class jobs giving everyone mercury poison, fucking commies

Moratorium is, by definition, temporary. Mostly talking about Obama-enacted regulations though, I suspect he's not planning on deregulating everything.

The goal, I assume, is to have a stimulus effect.

Whats also curious is he talks alot about all these things he wants to spend money on, building infrastructure and increasing military spending as if we havent enough on some of that bullshit.....anyway, how are you going to pay for all that when ur cutting revenues as drastically as he's proposing. I mean dont misunderstand me im not in disagreement with his tax cut plan....but how are you going to cover all the bad checks ur mouth is writing right now?

The only answer is deficit spending, the same tired old republican gameplan. If we go back to that reagan style than we gave to keep our trade deals as is cause those countries that mop up our bad assets will not accept a reset in trade deals cause they gotta get something out of it.

I dunno, as soon as he answers some questions he creates 10x more

I think the official GOP platform wants to lift the budget ceiling on military spending.

Trump hasn't really taken much of a position there afaik - he was in favor of the military cuts in 2013 and has said stuff our military is going to be great, but we can do it for a lot less.

We already spend way too much on military IMO - and through a lot of cronyism get the shittiest most expensive contracts ever for everything

Id be on board with him if he talked more about streamlining the military. Make it more piwerful but less bloated. If in doing that we still accrue somewhat higher costs so be it, we're getting more for our dollar in the long run.

But continuing this military industrial fleecing of the anerican taxpayer is horseshit, and we're starting to get caught by other countries....maybe not overall but in certain weapons systems. We need shit now that works and cant be hacked by some pimple face slopes that can take a quick break from starcraft and rek some of our most advanced shit. https://www.rt.com/usa/iran-drone-hack-stealth-943/

If the iranians could do that......

Archived