THE BROWNS BOARD

A New Spoiler For Trump, Evan McMullin

OldBrownsFan

New Independent Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin Announces Candidacy in a ‘Letter to America’

It is obvious this person has no intention of running to be president. He is running to be a spoiler against Trump. He could possibly flip a state like Utah and cost Trump enough votes in other states to lose a close state to Clinton.

Trump in some ways has brought this on himself by refusing to want to reach out to conservatives who are a big part of the GOP. Trump has shown way more interest in trying to woo Sanders voters which I think is pie in the sky...they won't vote for Trump. He always has had more of a chance to reach out to conservatives and get them on board but now conservatives will have an alternative with McMullin.

Trump's way of reaching out to conservatives was always they have to vote for him there is no alternative...now there is even if it is voting for a spoiler candidate.

http://politistick.com/new-independent-presidential-candidate-evan-mcmullin-announces-candidacy-in-a-letter-to-america/

McCullin is Mormon. He could hurt Trump in Utah big time. Every state is going to matter and Trump can't afford to lose any red states like Utah.

I just never got Trump's attitude that he doesn't need the conservative votes to win as a republican. I think if he was counting on a large amount of Sanders voters switching over he is going to be bigly disappointed and the same way with millennials who have shown no inclination to vote for Trump.

He could have set up meetings back in May when he locked up the nomination and tried to iron out differences with conservatives and then he would have real unity going into the election. It might not have worked I don't know but it would have been worth the effort.

Something doesn't seem right why someone would wait so long to get into the race and announces now he is running and is not eligible in half the states because the deadlines to run have already passed.

The new Independent candidate won’t be on the ballot in 25 states. Here they are…

http://therightscoop.com/the-new-independent-candidate-wont-be-on-the-ballot-in-25-states-here-they-are/

Trump isn't Pat Robertson.

He's not hardcore pro-abortion and is pretty quiet on gay marriage.

In the Mormon thing probably heard Mitt Romney more than it helped except in Utah.

WSS

Trump may have some problems with social conservatives but they aren't the main ones. Trump actually has done well with evangelical Christians...the conservatives Trump is having the most problems with are the National Review and George Will types who are more fiscal conservative and aligned with the chamber of commerce wing of the GOP. They are the ones who like NAFTA and TPP and the cheap labor that comes from illegal immigration. Kasich, Bush and RINO republicans are the main opposition to Trump.

McCullin is Mormon. He could hurt Trump in Utah big time. Every state is going to matter and Trump can't afford to lose any red states like Utah.

I just never got Trump's attitude that he doesn't need the conservative votes to win as a republican. I think if he was counting on a large amount of Sanders voters switching over he is going to be bigly disappointed and the same way with millennials who have shown no inclination to vote for Trump.

He could have set up meetings back in May when he locked up the nomination and tried to iron out differences with conservatives and then he would have real unity going into the election. It might not have worked I don't know but it would have been worth the effort.

This annoys me. I'm going to Utah in October. I was hoping it would be sewn up as a red state by then and I wouldn't have to deal with any shit, but if I do, I'll be less than pleased.

McMullin is not running to be president. He is only running to try to prevent Trump from winning. The establishment wing of the GOP will do whatever it can to sabotage Trump and elect Clinton. I have affiliated with the republican party since Reagan but today I don't claim any affiliation with any political party any longer. I will vote for Trump in November and probably vote republican as the lesser of two evils but I just can't bring myself to be called a republican any longer with what this party is doing by not supporting Trump. Trump was not my favorite but he won fair and square and I am not happy about him not getting the full support of the GOP. Even Sanders knew to get behind Clinton after he lost.

This annoys me. I'm going to Utah in October. I was hoping it would be sewn up as a red state by then and I wouldn't have to deal with any shit, but if I do, I'll be less than pleased.

Utah is really beautiful. If I were to move out west I could see myself living there.

Salt Lake City, Utah, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, is 68. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 41.4. Salt Lake City, Utah, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 100, is 83.

McMullin is not running to be president. He is only running to try to prevent Trump from winning. The establishment wing of the GOP will do whatever it can to sabotage Trump and elect Clinton. I have affiliated with the republican party since Reagan but today I don't claim any affiliation with any political party any longer. I will vote for Trump in November and probably vote republican as the lesser of two evils but I just can't bring myself to be called a republican any longer with what this party is doing by not supporting Trump. Trump was not my favorite but he won fair and square and I am not happy about him not getting the full support of the GOP. Even Sanders knew to get behind Clinton after he lost.

OBF is officially uncucked

Trump isn't Pat Robertson.

He's not hardcore pro-abortion and is pretty quiet on gay marriage.

In the Mormon thing probably heard Mitt Romney more than it helped except in Utah.

WSS

Listened to an interview with McMullin yesterday... it's not about social issues. He's trying to keep Trump away from foreign policy, the one area where Executive power is greatest and virtually unchecked.

OBF is officially uncucked

In this case uncucked = correct...

Wilmington, NC Trump rally:

13872949_10157466610875725_2285373877808

Those crowds are great Diehard but they can be deceiving. There were states like New York where Bernie Sanders was pulling in large crowds to Clinton's small ones yet he lost by a huge amount to Clinton in New York. I heard Karl Rove talk about some previous presidential losers who lost by a great deal who were pulling in large crowds. Trump is in trouble right now and all the polls can't be wrong. Hoping he can turn it around.

Those crowds are great Diehard but they can be deceiving. There were states like New York where Bernie Sanders was pulling in large crowds to Clinton's small ones yet he lost by a huge amount to Clinton in New York. I heard Karl Rove talk about some previous presidential losers who lost by a great deal who were pulling in large crowds. Trump is in trouble right now and all the polls can't be wrong. Hoping he can turn it around.

I know. When the establishment and all the networks (except Fox) are against you, it is an uphill climb.

Trump needs these rallies full of people to start volunteering and getting on the ground.

Problem is Trump hasn't raised money to fund such an effort and doesn't have the staff (or talent) to administer such an effort.

BTW.... polls in NC aren't looking to good for The Donald....

Listened to an interview with McMullin yesterday... it's not about social issues. He's trying to keep Trump away from foreign policy, the one area where Executive power is greatest and virtually unchecked.

In this case uncucked = correct...

Yeah you have to have the Deep experience of being a junior senator/ Community organizer who never did Jack schitt in Chicago or some broad whose only claim to fame is that her husband got blow jobs in the White House.

I'm not worried about Trump's foreign policy. The one we have sucks so let's move on.

WSS

Archived