THE BROWNS BOARD

Bad News for the Eagles is Great News for the Browns

One Post

Football fans have been starved for real game play, so when we finally get it, we tend to overreact a bit. Sure, Dak had some good moments, but we all know that it's ONE preseason game, and the first one at that. Teams DO NOT gameplan at all during the preseason, so you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that if an NFL defense had an opportunity to scheme for a young guy like Dak, he'd probably get his ass lit up. That being said, it was fun to watch the kid make a few plays.

Preseason is the biggest tease ever for fans, as you try not to read too much into stuff, but it's so hard because you're dying to watch our favorite sport. You know who seems to blow up every preseason? Derek Anderson, LOL. The Panthers absolutely love the guy, and it wouldn't surprise me if several teams reached out to Carolina to see if they'd trade him. They won't because Derek knows the system well, is well liked, and can step in for a game or two if needed. That's a nice thing to have if you have a mobile QB. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Derek Anderson play well for another preseason.

I know everybody will probably insult me, but I was kind of hoping for another shot with Anderson. It ended poorly, but time heals all wounds, right? I think the guy can play.

No barbs, but DA is a back-up. He's capable of winning a couple games in fill-in duty, but he was never a starting QB. He was, and still is, a one-read wonder...

lol... well there's one reads (DA)...

*Flip*

... no read statues ... AKA "look for an open man and repeat as necessary until sacked" (Wheezy)...

*Flip*

... no read runners... AKA "Look for an open man then take off" (JFF)

*Flip*

... and ones who can read...

I need more?

Archived