THE BROWNS BOARD

Listening to gary johnson on the radio....

Clevfan4life

Omg did he really? Thats hilarious.

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson quipped Friday that Donald Trump was probably watching the Olympics to see the Mexican pole vaulters.

"I hear that Donald Trump is watching the Olympics tonight. He's seeing how high the Mexican pole vaulters go," Johnson said in an interview with the Reno Gazette-Journal before an appearance in the state.

Don't like his policy on taxes, immigration, or trade

What about them don't you like.

Taxes - He wants a simpler code. Remove tax loop holes that benefit those that can. Create a tax system based on consumption, not income.

Immigration - He doesn't want to build a wall, but does want to create a system that creates incentives for illegals to assimilate into the county. He governened a border state for two terms. He may know something we don't.

Trade - On Trade, I'm not sure I'm with him. But then again, I don't know everything. Here some of his thoughts:

On trade, Johnson "generally supports NAFTA and other free-trade agreements," In a June 9 segment on John Stossel's program on Fox Business, Johnson "debated" Obama impersonator Reggie Brown and said he wanted "no tariffs, no restrictions" on trade. He did sound a little squishy on trade in a March 2011 interview when he said that "So much of the legislation that we pass isn't really free market at all. It's touted as free market, when the reality ends up to be very corporate. The reality ends up to be corporatism. I was always looking at business legislation from the standpoint of having it affect everyone equally as opposed to big business being further advantaged. So many of these treaties--NAFTA being one--the criticism of NAFTA should be rooted in the fact that big business became even bigger business."

Source: Club for Growth 2012 Presidential White Paper #9: Johnson , Jul 21, 2011

Eliminate needless barriers to free trade

• We should Reduce Federal Involvement in the Economy:
  • Reject auto and banking bailouts, state bailouts, corporate welfare, cap-and-trade, card check, and the mountain of regulation that protects special interests rather than benefiting consumers or the economy.
  • Restrict Federal Reserve policy to maintaining price stability, not bailing out financial firms or propping up the housing sector.
  • Eliminate government support of Fannie and Freddie.
  • Reduce or eliminate federal involvement in education; let states expand successful reforms such as vouchers and charter schools.
  • Legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana, rather than wasting money on an expensive and futile prohibition.
  • Eliminate needless barriers to free trade and make it easier for would-be legal immigrants to apply for work visas.

Source: Presidential campaign website, garyjohnson2012.com, "Issues" , May 2, 2011

NAFTA benefits New Mexico; jobs lost are those we don't want

Q: What is behind your support of NAFTA?

A: NAFTA has benefited New Mexico. With each passing day, it's a bigger boom for New Mexico as a border state.

Q: Do you disagree that NAFTA has caused the "sucking sound" Ross Perot warned of--the sound of US jobs being sucked into Mexico?

A: My opinion is that the jobs we're talking about are those we generally don't want. What jobs are we saving?

Q: Manufacturing jobs.

A: There is shifting, and some companies have relocated to Mexico. But we've benefited far more than we have lost. Also, it's still settling. Intel has a new semiconductor manufacturing plant in Albuquerque, one of the most sophisticated plants on the planet. It is in the US because the workers are qualified and efficient here. If we're not competitive, we had better get competitive. We're moving toward a global economy whether we like it or not.

Source: David Sheff interview in Playboy Magazine , Jan 1, 2001

From a candidacy issue, he seems to be right in the middle. Small government. Let states make the laws where the constitution does not give the right to the federal government.

Social issues, he again allows the states to make the laws by letting the people vote.

He personally is not against gay marriage and some abortion rights, but still leaves it up to the state to decide. And that's the way it should be. We shouldn't be looking to the federal government to decide for the state what the people of the state want as their laws. But too many want the POTUS and SCOTUS to move in that direction. Gary Johnson, from what I see, is more aligned with the constitution than Hillary and the Dems. Trump on the other hand.. hell, I don't know what to think.

1)

I absolutely hate the idea of a flat/consumption tax. Europe spiraled out of control in some places now they have 19% VAT in addition to a normal income tax.

It certainly harms lower income people more, plus raising the price on everything is not so great for small businesses.

2)

NAFTA has been an amazing deal for Mexico - as American/Canadian companies invest billions and billions of dollars in opening up shop there. It helps the bottom line, but it doesn't help the American worker. Faggot Gary Johnson can say "well they're jobs nobody wanted anyway." I'd beg to differ on that point. Back in the day it was incredibly hard to get a job in any capacity with the big 3 because of how much everybody wanted any job there.

The TPP is my single-biggest issue this election. It goes so far beyond the realm of a simple "free trade" deal it's laughable.

And while it doesn't involve China, it overlaps with the RCEP which includes China - in Vietnam and Malaysia. Disasterous.

Others:

https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

http://www.citizen.org/documents/analysis-tpp-text-november-2015.pdf

https://www.usitc.gov/press_room/news_release/2016/er0518ll597.htm (Only 0.15% annual GDP growth expected under the agreement)

3)

I disagree with the libertarian policy of open borders.

4)

Gary Johnson is not exactly what I could call in the middle

Yeah im not with libertarians on the no tariff thing. I never really understood how it benefits the american worker for us to be flooded with impossibly cheap garbage.

Just as an example i experienced a few weeks ago looking for rifle sights.....amazon is utterly flooded with cheap scopes and reflex sights. I mean amazingly cheap. But if you look at optics from known companies you get wildly different price points.

So i started looking up who these companies were selling these cheap sights. I mean theres countless names. Well what i found out is thst these companies are just resellers fir cheap chinese bullshit...these optics get trashed by anything greater than .22 cal. It made sense cause you would see what looked like the exact same optic sold by 10 different companies all kind claiming they're the manufacturers.

Im sorry this isnt a rational marketplace. Im very sure some of the legit companies like bushnell have been greatly hurt by this kind of dishonest competition. These people sell this cheap shit under one name and as doon as enough complaints build they fold it and start a new company. Ill bet its like a couple people running 20+ little start and fold business's. And it prob all comes from one factory

Yeah im not with libertarians on the no tariff thing. I never really understood how it benefits the american worker for us to be flooded with impossibly cheap garbage.

Just as an example i experienced a few weeks ago looking for rifle sights.....amazon is utterly flooded with cheap scopes and reflex sights. I mean amazingly cheap. But if you look at optics from known companies you get wildly different price points.

So i started looking up who these companies were selling these cheap sights. I mean theres countless names. Well what i found out is thst these companies are just resellers fir cheap chinese bullshit...these optics get trashed by anything greater than .22 cal. It made sense cause you would see what looked like the exact same optic sold by 10 different companies all kind claiming they're the manufacturers.

Im sorry this isnt a rational marketplace. Im very sure some of the legit companies like bushnell have been greatly hurt by this kind of dishonest competition. These people sell this cheap shit under one name and as doon as enough complaints build they fold it and start a new company. Ill bet its like a couple people running 20+ little start and fold business's. And it prob all comes from one factory

Yeah you have to presume that anything under a certain price point is just Chinese airsoft garbage. They will blow apart after a few rounds of actual rounds and not plastic pellets.

Might as well try the cheapo sights if you just shoot for fun/sport. Maybe you'll get lucky and strike gold.

Or you'll just end up going through a few cheapos and eventually buy something good that you could have bought for the price of the combined cheapos.

There's a difference between "no tariff" and "dumping".

The wife worked for US Steel's tubular division when fracking went crazy. Chinese dumped artificially cheap steel at the time and were hit with a punitive import duty of 400+% IIRC. All trade agreements include penalty clauses where cheating is found.

I went with a bushnell. Hope its made in the usa, or at least in s. America our nafta dollars at work

Asia... the company was started in Japan by a member of our post-war occupation force. Bushnell was a pioneer of importing goods made by cheap, far-east labor. Their best stuff has been and, I believe, still is made in Japan.... otherwise China, Viet Nam and other Pac-rim countries.

Posted Today, 01:27 PM

Btw if any of u are in striking distance of canton...ammunitionstore.com Cleve

I can get to Canton in about 12 minutes not even using the expressway.

I'm not crazy about the Libertarian stance on unions or collective bargaining. I like their stance on international affairs.

Since I'm not voting Hillary or Trump, I'm going to do more homework on this guy.

Probably, but I just can't condone this two party craziness anymore. One candidate has a free pass to the ballot, while another makes some sense, yet can't control himself enough, needs constant attention.

wasted time, effort and vote, Bob. And a help to higgardly to really screw us all up.

Maybe maybe not. I think hillary is going to lose alot of votes to johnson and stein. Even if she wins thete will be no clear mandate for her to do whatever. Like on guns for instance even if she wins i dont see her getting anything done. God forbid another orlando shooting happens and even gay people are gonna start arming themsrlves and dupporting gun rights

If u can find better prices on ammo id love to hear it

I buy reman'd stuff for the range from freedom munitions pretty often. They have free shipping coupons pop up pretty often and such - I think your first order is free shipping regardless.

Maybe maybe not. I think hillary is going to lose alot of votes to johnson and stein. Even if she wins thete will be no clear mandate for her to do whatever. Like on guns for instance even if she wins i dont see her getting anything done. God forbid another orlando shooting happens and even gay people are gonna start arming themsrlves and dupporting gun rights

Most polls indicate the minor candidates are drawing equally from the majors... maybe slightly more from Trump, but margin of error makes that conclusion very iffy.

In any event... so long as the House remains under Republican control any gun legislation is unlikely.

Archived