THE BROWNS BOARD

With Redskins Name Safe, WashPost Takes Aim at Chief Wahoo

OldBrownsFan

It didn’t take long for the Social Justice Warriors leading the anti-Indian mascot movement to find a new focus for their campaign. The “Change the Name” crusade, to do away with the Redskins name, was crushed under the weight of a Washington Post poll, where Native Americans decisively and overwhelmingly rejected the idea that the Redskins name was a slur.

Now, the liberal sports media’s sights are re-focused on their old nemesis, Cleveland Indians mascot Chief Wahoo:

“On Tuesday, the Indians arrive in Washington for a two-game series, bringing Cleveland fans and their Wahoo regalia to Nationals Park. They will play in a city where another professional team, the Washington Redskins, has long been the prime target of activists opposed to Indian imagery in athletics.

While many colleges and high schools across the country have renamed teams and dropped Native American mascots, professional clubs — the Redskins, Indians, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Braves and Chicago Blackhawks — have resisted.”

Mainly, those teams have resisted because the team names are overwhelmingly popular and Native Americans have rejected the idea that they’re offensive

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dylan-gwinn/2016/08/09/redskins-name-safe-wapo-takes-aim-chief-wahoo

Get over it faggots.

Native Americans aren't offended, only white people are.

If American Indian people were genuinely offended I would be supportive. It is nothing but liberal white people being offended for them. Having apparently lost the battle to change the Washington Redskins name they are focusing on the Cleveland Indians and Chief Wahoo whom the liberal Washington Post refers to as the most offensive image in sports.

Cleveland has already taken steps in diminishing Chief Wahoo but the social justice warriors won't be happy until he is gone completely.

Cleveland Indians officially demote Chief Wahoo

Cleveland Indians owner Paul Dolan announced on Friday that the team has demoted Chief Wahoo into a secondary role among the team's logos.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/4/2/11352228/cleveland-indians-chief-wahoo-news

it's always something with nose-in-everybody-else's-business, play the victim somehow,

sombeitches. First is was the Confederate flag, now it's the Gadsden flag.

they are a virus to our country.

Well.... the confederate flag is a matter unto itself and had the far right not misappropriated the Gadeston Flag it would still be fondly thought of...

But I digress.... personally, I'm keeping my Wahoo shirts...

If American Indian people were genuinely offended I would be supportive. It is nothing but liberal white people being offended for them. Having apparently lost the battle to change the Washington Redskins name they are focusing on the Cleveland Indians and Chief Wahoo whom the liberal Washington Post refers to as the most offensive image in sports.

Cleveland has already taken steps in diminishing Chief Wahoo but the social justice warriors won't be happy until he is gone completely.

Cleveland Indians officially demote Chief Wahoo

Cleveland Indians owner Paul Dolan announced on Friday that the team has demoted Chief Wahoo into a secondary role among the team's logos.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/4/2/11352228/cleveland-indians-chief-wahoo-news

On the other hand, just because people are not necessarily offended, does not mean that something is not offensive. Example, because I don't take offense becaus someone might call me a cracker because I am white, or any of the names in the link because I am of Irish descent, doesn't mean they are not offensive. They are....but they just don't bother me....because I am secure in myself enough not to take offense at such things.

http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/craic/a-guide-to-irish-racial-slurs-from-cat-lick-to-mackerel-snapper-the-worst-irish-insults-164707146-237776671.html

While Redskins and Chief Wahoo may be offensive.....most NAs are not so thin skinned to take offense.

On the other hand, just because people are not necessarily offended, does not mean that something is not offensive. Example, because I don't take offense becaus someone might call me a cracker because I am white, or any of the names in the link because I am of Irish descent, doesn't mean they are not offensive. They are....but they just don't bother me....because I am secure in myself enough not to take offense at such things.

http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/craic/a-guide-to-irish-racial-slurs-from-cat-lick-to-mackerel-snapper-the-worst-irish-insults-164707146-237776671.html

While Redskins and Chief Wahoo may be offensive.....most NAs are not so thin skinned to take offense.

Is there any difference between the fighting Irish leprechaun and Chief Wahoo? They are just harmless caricatures.

Too Funny:

Fightin' Whities mascot raises a little awarness, a little cash

WASHINGTON -- Sometimes offense is the best defense.

That appears to be what some innovative Native American Indian students at the University of Northern Colorado had in mind. When local activists failed to persuade Eaton High School in Greeley, Colo., to change the name and Indian mascot of its team, the Fightin' Reds, the Indian university students decided to make their point a different way.

They changed the name of their intramural basketball team from the Native Pride to The Fightin' Whities.

The result? A media frenzy, of course. Network television, major newspapers and radio talk shows have made the Fightin' Whities the best covered intramural squad in the nation. The Greeley Tribune says its Web site, www.greeleytrib.com, crashed last Tuesday when demand for the story soared from the usual 200 hits a day for a high-interest local story to 29,000.

Yet, Caucasians have proved to be remarkably resistant to offense. Quite the opposite, many agree with the e-mailer who saw the new team name as an honor to white Americans, who apparently don't get enough credit for their many contributions to history.

"Help me out here," asked one e-mail to the Greeley Tribune, "why am I supposed to be offended?"

Within days the newspaper, the college and Little Owl's office had received so many requests for team T-shirts that the Fightin' Whities now sell their own line of sportswear at their own Web site with all proceeds going to the Fighting Whites Scholarship Fund Inc.

FightingWhites.png

Archived