THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Packers Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Drango doesn't have a crappy resume coming out of college. Pasztor pleasantly surprised some of us in 2015. Coleman might be a little raw right now but I wouldn't mind seeing them trail and error how he would look at RG if Greco eventually goes to Center. Same with Drango for that matter. That gives us 2 rookies to compete with Alvin Bailey for the job which gives us 3 Big Uglies to compete for 1 spot. Plus, I know I'm missing someone.

They always say never go grocery shopping when you're hungry because everything will look delicious. Welcome to the situation our new front office inherited for their first NFL draft. I liked what they did and how they setup our next draft volume beginning with where our first round pick from Philly sets us up for the next big draft volume and rookie QB class.

When you go from Ray Farmer in the front office to Harvard Plural - it's almost impossible not to get excited...

Unfortunately flugs this org doesn't believe in drafting franchise qbs unless they are 6' or under and play for some overrated school and conference while trading down and getting another pick to draft some unknown 3rd string rb or db.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the upside, I didn't see one bad snap from center, so there's that...

Laughed so hard I hacked up the last remnants of a Napa Valley respiratory infection...

Thanks, Dr. Cal!

Finally seeing the replay now and I'm only midway through the 2nd, but both teams are pretty sloppy to this point......... it almost looks like the 1st pre-season game for both teams. ;)

Quick thought - on defense we played the most traditional vanilla 34 you can imagine. A classic zero nose, two 4techs and asked them to 2 gap quite a bit. I'm not in love with our Ends when asked that type of assignment. I do like that the Pack went with some stretch plays. To me its a combination of recognize where our defensive strength lies and that Danny (when not forgetting to keep square flowing down the line) had some decent moments the other night.

I'm still not a fan of routinely asking him to 2 gap heads up.

Well, when you know football as well as I do, you just use your intuitiveness and understanding

of the game, to accurately guess when a snap is going to be a bad one, and you close your eyes.

It takes years of practice ,you guys will get it eventually......

Archived