THE BROWNS BOARD

Homeland Security Report

smalls1129

Wait a minute Cal. In this article it says "Obama is also seeking to increase the federal taxes by 500 percent on the sale of firearm, ammunition [sic] -- weapons he says are most commonly used in firearm deaths." Seeking in 1999? From the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999? WHAT? Where's the beef, cause this is a load of crap.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama [spit] voted to ban hundreds of rifles and shotguns commonly used for hunting and sport shooting

Illinois Senate, SB 1195, 3/13/03

Obama [spit] endorsed a ban on all handguns

Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, 9/9/96

Politico, 03/31/08.

Obama [spit] voted to allow the prosecution of people who use a firearm for self-defense in their homes

Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20, 3/25/04

Obama [spit] supported increasing taxes on firearms and ammunition by 500 percent

Chicago Defender, 12/13/99

Obama [spit] voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting

United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05

Obama [spit] opposes Right-to-Carry laws

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 4/2/08, Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04

Well, I only took 35 seconds...

you sayin the Chicago Defender is a right wing lying machine? LOL.

No, lol. I am saying it only states he proposed it. It doesn't have any facts that back it up. This is a website that says the Chicago Defender said it. Where's the article.

Barack Obama:What He Says"I am consistently on record and willcontinue to be on record as opposingconcealed carry."Chicago Tribune, 4/27/04"I think it's a scandal that this president[bush] did not authorize a renewal ofthe assault weapons ban."Illinois Senate Debate #3:Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21104"I believe in keeping guns out of our innercities, and that our leaders must say sointhe face of the gun manufacturers'lobby."The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, 2006ul think we have two conflicting *traditions in this country"[gun ownership and restrictions on guns.]Politico, 2/11/08"There is an individual right to beararms. But it is subject to commonsense regulation."Journal Sentinel Online, 2/15/08"I think that local jurisdictions havethe capability to institute their owngun laws."Baltimore Sun com, 2/15/08Barack Obama:What He DoesSELF-DEFENSEObama voted to allow the prosecution of peoplewho use a firearm for self-defense in their homes.Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20,3/25/04AMMUNITION TAXObama supported increasing taxes onfirearms and ammunition by 500 percent.Chicago Defender, 12/13/99LAWSUITSObama voted to allow reckless lawsuitsdesigned to bankrupt the firearms industry.United States Senate, S. 397, vote 219, 7/29/05CLINTON GUN BANObama wants to reimpose the failed anddiscredited Clinton Gun Ban.Illinois Senate Debate t3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21/04HANDGUN BANObama endorsed a ban on all handguns.' '• ' ' Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinctleneral candidate questionnaire, 9/9/96RIGHT TO CARRYObama opposes Right to Carry laws.Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 4/2/08Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04AMMUNITION BANObama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunitioncommonly used for hunting and sport shooting.United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05GUN REGISTRATIONObama supports gun owner licensing andgun registration."Fact Check: No News In Obama's Consistent Record." Obama campaignwebsite, 12/11/07LIMITS ON GUN PURCHASESObama voted to limit gun purchases toone per month.Illinois Senate, H.B. 2579, vote 34,5/16/03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2

Barack Obama:What He SaysCHANGEWE CAN BELIEVE INBH"/ am consistently on record and willcontinue to be on record as opposingconcealed carry."Chicago Tribune, 4/27/04"I think it's a scandal that this president[bush] did not authorize a renewal ofthe assault weapons ban.1"Illinois Senate Debate #3;Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21/04"I believe in keeping guns out of our innercities, and that our leaders must say so inthe face of the gun manufacturers'lobby.'11The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, 2006"I think we have two conflictingtraditions in this country"[gun ownership and restrictions on gunsjPolitico, 2/11/08"There is an individual right to beararms. But it is subject to commonsense regulation."Journal Sentinel Online, 2/15/08"I think that local jurisdictions havethe capability to institute their owngun laws."Baltimore Sun.com, 2/15/08Barack Obama:What He DoesSELF-DEFENSEObama voted to allow the prosecution of peoplewho use a firearm for self-defense in their homes.Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20,3/25/04AMMUNITION TAXObama supported increasing taxes onfirearms and ammunition by 500 percent.Chicago Detender, 12/13/99LAWSUITSObama voted to allow reckless lawsuitsdesigned to bankrupt the firearms industry.United States Senate, S. 397, vote 219, 7/29/05CLINTON GUN BANObama wants to reimpose the failed anddiscredited Clinton Gun Ban.Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21/04HANDGUN BANObama endorsed a ban on all handguns.Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent PrecinctOrganization general candidate questionnaire, 9/9/96Politico, 3/31/08RIGHT TO CARRYObama opposes Right to Carry laws.Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 4/2/08Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04AMMUNITION BANObama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunitioncommonly used for hunting and sport shooting.United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05GUN REGISTRATIONObama supports gun owner licensing andgun registration."Fact Check: No News in Obama's Consistent Record." Obama campaignwebsite, 12/11/07LIMITS ON GUN PURCHASESObama voted to limit gun purchases toone per month.Illinois Senate, H.B. 2579, vote 34,5/16/03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 3

BARACK OBAMAWOULD BE THEMOST ANTI-GUNPRESIDENTIN AMERICANHISTORYSenator Obama says "words matter." But whenit comes to your Second Amendment rights, herefuses to speak honestly about where he stands.In fact, Obama hides behind carefully chosen wordsand vague statements of support for sportsmen andgun rights to sidestep and camouflage the truth.But even he can't hide from the truth forever ...his voting record, political associations, and longstanding positions make it clear that, If elected,Barack Obama would be the most anti-gun presidentin American history.Only you can make surethis never happens.Wete November 4th IOn the Second Amendment:L EAR N MO R EOR LOSE YOUR RIGHTSGunBanObama.com-POLITICAL VICTORY FUNDPAID FOR BY NRA-POUTICAL VICTORY FUND.WWW.NRAPVF.ORGNOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATEOR CANDIDATE'S COMMITTEE.ARM YOURSELFWITH THE FACTS-POLITICAL VICTORY FUNDwww.GunBanObama.com

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:OmSDN5...=clnk&gl=us

Choco my cock. What is the problem? I'll get you numbers if you need on president spending (with inflation kept in mind). I wasn't saying it is right. Your so proactive Chokeo. I am proud of you.

You didn't even read what I wrote. Like a little xxxxing kid, you come with that shit. How's that for apathy, fag.

are you done beating your chest? you said:

Spending, schmending, all presidents since FDR xxxxed up and spent whatever on whatever.

perhaps you should be more aware of your vocabulary if you think i miss-interpreted what you meant. you imply here that since previous presidents spend money like paris hilton (even though it a xxxx up, as you call it), that its an acceptable and normal practice soley based on precedence. so call me names and whatever you have to do to deflect the fact that you simply post for the sake of posting (entertainment, i think was your term).....some of us now actively follow politics and choose to voice our concerns.

just because youre uneducated about the content and an attention whore at the same time just does lend well any credence being put into your posts. you think you know things, but its obvious from your posts just how clueless and careless you are. you're apathy for the status quo is a problem many americans have.....i realize learning about your country may be a bit much to ask considering how tough and demanding your job is, but you really should try to pay attention to whats going on.

By the way, Cal, check out the Chicago Defender, the paper that is giving you this information. I think you'll like it.

Seems like there is no 500% tax proposal, just as I suspected. It's just in your NRA literature, referencing a tabloid.

There is nothing to back it up heck.

some of us now actively follow politics and choose to voice our concerns.

To the same 10 people on the board. You are a true patriot, posting your well articulated plan for America in a Cleveland Browns chat room. Classic. Bravo...madam, Bravo.

Again if someone doesn't agree with you, there wrong. What's the point of even coming here to hear the same discussion again and again, parts of a whole post being pulled out with negativity (Fox News). And not even commenting on the subject. Sounds a little like your a commie yourself there Obama.

The same 3 guys with the same 3 views, wow you know what your talking about when your talking about yourself.

To the same 10 people on the board. You are a true patriot, posting your well articulated plan for America in a Cleveland Browns chat room. Classic. Bravo...madam, Bravo.

Again if someone doesn't agree with you, there wrong. What's the point of even coming here to hear the same discussion again and again, parts of a whole post being pulled out with negativity (Fox News). And not even commenting on the subject. Sounds a little like your a commie yourself there Obama.

The same 3 guys with the same 3 views, wow you know what your talking about when your talking about yourself.

this is all you can come up with?

a dodge?

lol.....thats why your so well respected.

The funny part is you guys this seriously. Too funny. Mr. K

ROF,LMAO ! (and he complains that somebody ELSE doesn't make any sense? LOL

To be honest, apparently he only talked about it in Chicago.

I'm sure a black community college is racist and invented the

issue because they are against black people.

The smoke is there with Obama's gun control, I believe the 500 thing.

But, I can't find proof of an actual bill, and there was supposed to be.

But there's plenty of anti gun control Obama has hawked, where the other Dems

wouldn't go along and defeated the measure.

Read more. I long ago said I was more of a comedian than an expert on all matters.

But, these links are absolutely hilarious: (you're ROF,LYAO !)

http://vodpod.com/watch/1489313-the-obama-...xposed-as-a-lie

http://mefeedia.com/entry/obama-denies-hab...corpus/16786246

http://blackhippychick.wordpress.com/2008/...atch-the-video/

Thanks for owning up to it at least, Cal. Maybe you should greet the information you get from the NRA with a little bit more suspicion.

And really, if you want to know what Obama thinks about gun control, this should give you a pretty good idea. From today's press conference:

Q Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Mr. President, as well. President Obama, as a candidate for your office, you said that you wanted to see the assault ban weapon -- the ban on assault weapons reinstated. Your attorney general has spoken in favor of this. Mexican officials have also spoken in favor of it. But we haven't heard you say that since you took office. Do you plan to keep your promise? And if not, how do you explain that to the American people?

And, President Calderón -- I'm sorry, if I may -- would you like to see this ban reinstated? And have you raised that today with President Obama? Thank you.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, first of all, we did discuss this extensively in our meetings. I have not backed off at all from my belief that the gun -- the assault weapons ban made sense.

And I continue to believe that we can respect and honor the 2nd Amendment rights in our Constitution, the rights of sportsmen and hunters and homeowners who want to keep their families safe to lawfully bear arms, while dealing with assault weapons that, as we now know, here in Mexico, are helping to fuel extraordinary violence -- violence in our own country, as well.

Now, having said that, I think none of us are under any illusion that reinstating that ban would be easy. And so, what we've focused on is how we can improve our enforcement of existing laws, because even under current law, trafficking illegal firearms, sending them across a border, is illegal. That's something that we can stop.

And so our focus is to work with Secretary Napolitano, Atty. Gen. Holder, our entire Homeland Security team, ATF, border security, everybody who is involved in this, to coordinate with our counterparts in Mexico to significantly ramp up our enforcement of existing laws.

...Sounds terrifying, I know.

Anyone willing to bet me that at no point in the next four to eight years of an Obama administration will anyone from the federal government show up to repossess your gun(s)? I'll give you 10 to 1 odds. I'll bet you $1000 bucks this never happens to a single one of you, barring any criminal activity on your part.

That means you'll only owe me $100. And in the event someone from the federal government does come and take one or more of your guns, I'll give you a $1000 bucks. Or we can play for charity if you like.

Any takers? You all seem so convinced that Obama hates your 2nd amendment rights and that we're headed down the brownshirts and gun confiscation path.

Anyone willing to take me up on this?

Apparently you didn't watch the video of Obama saying gun rights are constitutional, but he agrees with the Washington D.C. handgun ban because of violence.

Oh, so, if you have any kind of excuse, you can just wipe American's constitutional rights off the map.

Go back, and read what is proven about Obama and his anti gun votes.

Hey, I even posted em for ya.

they just showed up at my house yesterday.

They confiscated my slingshot.

Please send my thousand buck bailout to:

Heckisagoofball@andabigdummy.com

Obama was with them.

will his "KGB civilian defense force" be considered federal?

Or, a federal order to a local police dept considered federal?

You do realize that it's Constitutional to regulate the use of firearms, don't you, Cal? I get the impression that you think the 2nd amendment says you can have a gun, any gun, for whatever reason. Well, it doesn't.

So when you point out that Obama wants to regulate guns, that doesn't exactly phase me, as long as the regulations keep with the 2nd amendment. We should have laws that regulate firearms. And the Constitution says we can.

Once again, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Do you fully understand what the second ammendment actually says?

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms. The meaning and scope of this right has been described as among the most contested of the rights codified in the Bill of Rights. - wikipedia

Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Law of Arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I love the shall not be infringed part. that means no law shall hinder one from owning a firearm. But we have to consider some of the supremes who like to put their own political beliefs into deciding what laws apply and what laws dont.

Its as plain as black and white.

Heck, you DO understand what it means to own a gun, don't you?

If not, just say no to trying to be what you think you are cause you're NOT.

I well understand a ban on automatic weapons, that doesn't alarm me.

But the tweaking and twisting of words like "It depends on what "is" is"...

is just a liar's way of getting around the truth.

And the truth is, twisting the words to "semi-automatic" and "magazine"

and "pump action" or "lever action" etc...

pretty much includes a hell of a lot of guns that are perfectly legitimately owned

by everyday Americans.

I think I'd like to have a Winchester lever action 30.06 or smaller to protect my family and friends

around the farm.

And Obumbly and his stalinist minions can go shove it if they don't like it.

Archived