THE BROWNS BOARD

Game 1 -Good, bad & ugly

Mudfly

Ok....got our first look......nothing earth shattering......but my first impressions on some players Ive been waiting to see....

The Good....

* Ogbah looked good, fast and strong. Led the team in tackles and flashed some serious speed for a man his size. I LOVE guys who can finish a tackle.

* Nassib had a few nice plays too. Showed he could get to the QB and has some fire. Like.

* Raheem Moore looked good at the safety spot. Seemed to have his nose near the ball(a lot)

* RGIII showed promise too. Looked better than I expected he would, actually. QB room seems to be the best we've had in quite a while. Fingers crossed.

* Pryor opened with a nice diving catch, after running right past his defender. Another one that continues to surprise. He might actually make it as a WR.

* Dominique Alexander(one of my dark horses) played well too. Im betting he makes the team.

* Gilbert started and had zero negative highlights. Looked pretty decent, actually.

The Bad.....

* O-line looked like I worried it would. QB's gotta get the ball out quick, cause they will be under pressure all year long. OL no longer a strong point for this team.

* Schobert looked slow and kind of lost. Well give him a rookie pass, but......eh

* Crow & Duke....one touch each?

* Jamar Taylor seemed to have a lot of reps for a guy who kept getting burned. Miamis version of Gilbert who looks like he still doesnt get it.

The ugly....

* Mostert dropping his fourth consecutive punt. Blech! Hope they have a plan B, because dude is killing us with the drops

* Kesslers pocket awarenesss. Blech again. (along with the line that was protecting him)(double blech)

* Kruger(of course) still cant make a play(or tackle)(or rush)(or cover). Someone, PLEASE, put this guy out to pasture.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* Dominique Alexander(one of my dark horses) played well too. Im betting he makes the team.

WHERE YOU PLAYING HIM? INSIDE OR OUTSIDE? YOUR SCOOBY THOUGHTS?

The Bad.....

* O-line looked like I worried it would. QB's gotta get the ball out quick, cause they will be under pressure all year long. OL no longer a strong point for this team.

AGREED

* Schobert looked slow and kind of lost. Well give him a rookie pass, but......eh

SLOWER THAN SCOOBY? LOST & SMALLISH IMO

The ugly....

* Mostert dropping his fourth consecutive punt. Blech! Hope they have a plan B, because dude is killing us with the drops

THOUGHT HE KEPT HIS HEAD UP & MADE SOME PLAYS BACK IN THE RUNNING GAME vs WATSON

* Kruger(of course) still cant make a play(or tackle)(or rush)(or cover). Someone, PLEASE, put this guy out to pasture.

NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN YOU ON THIS GUY..LOL

Your feedback in CAPS.. nothing in mud with you around

Good stuff Mud!

Week 1 in the preseason went as expected.

Nassib played like a relentless player that was once told not to bother considering the NFL by his former Coach at PSU (now coaching the Texans). Ironically, and moronically, the guy who told him that later ended up with the empty inner chest of Jadeveon Clowney as the #1 overall pick down in Houston. LOVE the motor on Nassib.

RG3 still throws a need deep pass (timing pattern that doesn't ask him to read) - threw an INT that will keep his critics wondering if he'll be able to read his progressions. Some of that INT looked to be 1st game type of stuff with 2 guys not being on the same page. RG3 threw into double coverage while Barnidge didn't seem aware he'd be the target enough to make an adjustment on it from what I gathered.

T. Pryor looked good when his QBs kept throws in bounds. That last coaching staff did him no favors almost erasing a full season worth of development/experience in 2015.

Meder looked like he played a nice game while Shelton didn't impress me very much. He's gotta get that pad height down more consistently.

The Kess threw a TD pass in his very first game on his very first throw to another rookie Higgins.

I'm still worried about Erving at Center. Like Reese Witherspoon says "Bend and snap." At least he got the snap part right, Because he's not really a strong, powerful guy - playing with ideal pad height/leverage becomes even more important. This guy forfeits legs/base way too frequently for me to cozy up to he just needs time. Not that playing in the past is a pre-req to understanding this - but it doesn't take some 5-6 years into playing offensive line to GET this. You do or you don't. Think about where in round 1 we drafted this guy and compare it to where we drafted Alex Mack in round 1.

I hope CB Jamar Taylor is a better tackler than what he displayed when he whiffed on Tackling Jared Abracadabra at the line of scrimmage. I had flashbacks to the lyrics of an 80s song: "Abra Abra Cadabra I wanna reach out and grab ya." Reach out and grab (he did). Tackle (he didn't).

As much as people worry about replacing Schwartz, he hasn't always been terrific in pass pro leading up to his PFF status the last 2 years or so. Schwartz began to play his best football when the zbs scheme he played in at Cal came to Cleveland in 2014 and partially returned in 2015 (with a rookie OC). I think we can get equitable pass pro in his absence (and possibly the same type of run blocking he gave us prior to the zbs); but I won't throw away my village idiot hat just yet.

Dom Alexander looks like he can make this team.

Special teams looked like a pop quiz during happy hour. Roughing the kicker and not fielding the kick following our Safety was about as pleasant to watch as a blade of grass knocking Owen Marecic on his ass. It's like we're putting the hand-eye coordination of Helen Keller out there to field punts/kickoffs with this Mostert idea. All that said, Ricardo Louis downed the ball inside the one because he actually CAUGHT the ball tipped back to him.

Speaking of Mostert, as bad as he looks on special teams - he looked like a pretty good idea at RB yesterday (especially when we didn't have to throw to him). As a ball carrier, he displayed really good vision in tandem with the patience to let his blocking set up in front of him. He's only 195 lbs so he won't be here to protect a passer. In order to make the team, he'll have to prove to someone he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Stay tuned...

Facing a DIII QB, I didn't get an accurate read on our DBs in coverage.

I think the best time to evaluate our offensive and defensive fronts in detail will be in preseason game 3 when starters play 2-3 quarters against starters.

I'll tack on some things...

The Good: Connor Hamlet might be a viable target, and I like it. Not much else I can think of that wasn't mentioned. I like how Kessler threw that TD to Higgins, but the safety just seems to wipe out so much. I'm very excited to think about our receivers when everyone is healthy. Hard to believe this position group might actually be a strength....MIGHT.

The Bad: Penalties. I won't go over them all, but geez. Also, I don't like how we struggled to block their second team linebackers. Our OL is officially scaring the crap out of me. Cam Erving got his ass blown apart AGAIN and missed an assignment. I'm nervous.

The Ugly: Running into kicker, safety by Cody, the red zone interception on our promising drive...ugh. To be fair to RG III, I don't know whose fault it was. It could've been on Gary. If he breaks on that pass, it's probably an incomplete pass or even a catch.

I'm not going to get upset over our first preseason game, but I am concerned about a few things. Mainly the offensive line and Cam Erving in particular. That being said, it wasn't ALL bad! It looked very much like...well...like the first preseason game. Lol. Let's get back to the drawing board, tighten some stuff up, and continue to improve. I'd love to see progress in our next game, and I believe we will.

Your feedback in CAPS.. nothing in mud with you around

Id keep Alexander inside.....and Scooby too......yes, he's a step slower, but his instincts will prove to be good enough to make up that step.....they should keep Scooby long enough to see what develops.....too bad Carder had a decent game.....

Lets be honest....everyone says Cams natural position is center?.....yet, he only played 5 games there in college.....and it looks like it....

To me...Scooby looked better than Schobert.....1 game, I know.....

And, yes....Mostert looked pretty good running the ball....handing it to him seems to be the ticket....

Kruger.....yes, I know Im hard on him.....but thats because he deserves it....:)

Good stuff Mud!

Week 1 in the preseason went as expected.

Nassib played like a relentless player that was once told not to bother considering the NFL by his former Coach at PSU (now coaching the Texans). Ironically, and moronically, the guy who told him that later ended up with the empty inner chest of Jadeveon Clowney as the #1 overall pick down in Houston. LOVE the motor on Nassib.

Yep!

RG3 still throws a need deep pass (timing pattern that doesn't ask him to read) - threw an INT that will keep his critics wondering if he'll be able to read his progressions. Some of that INT looked to be 1st game type of stuff with 2 guys not being on the same page. RG3 threw into double coverage while Barnidge didn't seem aware he'd be the target enough to make an adjustment on it from what I gathered.

Miscommunication all the way. To my eyes, that one goes against Barny......

T. Pryor looked good when his QBs kept throws in bounds. That last coaching staff did him no favors almost erasing a full season worth of development/experience in 2015.

Meder looked like he played a nice game while Shelton didn't impress me very much. He's gotta get that pad height down more consistently.

My take....exactly......still waiting to be impressed by Shelton.......

The Kess threw a TD pass in his very first game on his very first throw to another rookie Higgins.

Gonna take more than that one easy pass to win me over....for both of these guys.....Been hearing about Higgins all through camp and Im not sure why?

I'm still worried about Erving at Center. Like Reese Witherspoon says "Bend and snap." At least he got the snap part right, Because he's not really a strong, powerful guy - playing with ideal pad height/leverage becomes even more important. This guy forfeits legs/base way too frequently for me to cozy up to he just needs time. Not that playing in the past is a pre-req to understanding this - but it doesn't take some 5-6 years into playing offensive line to GET this. You do or you don't. Think about where in round 1 we drafted this guy and compare it to where we drafted Alex Mack in round 1.

Cams not what we hoped he would be......

I hope CB Jamar Taylor is a better tackler than what he displayed when he whiffed on Tackling Jared Abracadabra at the line of scrimmage. I had flashbacks to the lyrics of an 80s song: "Abra Abra Cadabra I wanna reach out and grab ya." Reach out and grab (he did). Tackle (he didn't).

Yep....

As much as people worry about replacing Schwartz, he hasn't always been terrific in pass pro leading up to his PFF status the last 2 years or so. Schwartz began to play his best football when the zbs scheme he played in at Cal came to Cleveland in 2014 and partially returned in 2015 (with a rookie OC). I think we can get equitable pass pro in his absence (and possibly the same type of run blocking he gave us prior to the zbs); but I won't throw away my village idiot hat just yet.

Dom Alexander looks like he can make this team.

Yep....

Special teams looked like a pop quiz during happy hour. Roughing the kicker and not fielding the kick following our Safety was about as pleasant to watch as a blade of grass knocking Owen Marecic on his ass. It's like we're putting the hand-eye coordination of Helen Keller out there to field punts/kickoffs with this Mostert idea. All that said, Ricardo Louis downed the ball inside the one because he actually CAUGHT the ball tipped back to him.

Way too many mistakes and f-ups....Browns shot themselves in the foot(as usual)......if it was Pettines team, we'd be screaming to the ceiling about poor coaching.....just saying....

Speaking of Mostert, as bad as he looks on special teams - he looked like a pretty good idea at RB yesterday (especially when we didn't have to throw to him). As a ball carrier, he displayed really good vision in tandem with the patience to let his blocking set up in front of him. He's only 195 lbs so he won't be here to protect a passer. In order to make the team, he'll have to prove to someone he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Stay tuned...

Yep....

Facing a DIII QB, I didn't get an accurate read on our DBs in coverage.

If Rodgers was playing, it would've been a very different game....book it!

I think the best time to evaluate our offensive and defensive fronts in detail will be in preseason game 3 when starters play 2-3 quarters against starters.

Oh wow Kessler threw a TD pass from like the 5 yard line. Hall of famer!

Who said anything like that???...............answer = nobody....

Only had a couple opps and capitalized on them.....what more could he have done on that first pass?

I was just excited we got to see them play. I think this is going to be a real interesting season, they're young and hungry.

Agree with you guys about the O line, let's just wait and see how they look next week. It's probably going to be real vanilla, but they'll make some adjustments I'm sure.

I expected there to be a lot of things to clear up. It's the first game.

They are still -thinking- through everything.

If they don't clear those up, and have the same troubles in the

last exhibition game..

then I will be shocked, and THEN I'll worry.

I thought it was very classy that Barnidge went to RGIII and

said it was on him... and afterwards, RGIII said in an interview,

it was all on himself.

I was always taught that the only guy who doesn't make mistakes, ever...

is the guy who never really does anything.

Penalties in the FIRST GAME? hah. Last I saw, GB had more penalites.

Their offensive lines had troubles, too. And they don't have new coaches and system.

I didn't see one mistake out there, that was due to stupidity and not playing hard.

FINALLY, I saw a Browns team playing an exhibition game, and they were all in, they

love their coaches, and they were playing kick ass we love it football.

It doesn't sound bad to me that they lost, who cares? A lot of guys out there won't be

making the active roster. They aren't ready to start the season, don't care.

They showed that they need to get ready, and since they have a few more games to

iron out the kinks, it would be good to watch for major improvement in each of the next

two games that don't count, and then we'll have a better idea.

the defense has me worried, they're showing the same sloppiness they did last season in their inability to stop the run and their inability to tackle. I keep telling myself this is only the first preseason game but I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be a long season. Hopefully Horton can turn things around quickly.

Offense seems to be clicking, it will be interesting to see which receivers end up making the team. RG3 had some of his trademark mistakes (muffing handoffs, not quick on reads) but there's always McCown and Kessler waiting in the wings, Austin Davis did not look impressive at all and I'm surprised he made the team over Connor Shaw.

if you thought anyone for the browns played HARD last night then you are an owl without his glasses.

they looked like JV pussies compared to a real NFL team. PERIOD.

RG3 now has a white uniform on so defenses can line up their shots like howitzers blasting the sides of old ironside.

dude ain't gonna make it to the regular season without a wheelchair.

shit is sad. and for people to whitewash it any other way then..... it'll be another long year for you, not me. i guess i can only hope for dan gilbert to buy the team and play lebron for 60 minutes.

Davis has never impressed me. Still throws a cannon shot on short

throws, like Derek Bigfoot Anderson did.

and Mik, surely you jest. Or were your eyes closed when Nassib ran down

their running qb?

I saw the Browns fighting all game long. things need to be ironed out.

It's ...the...new coaches/new systems, first exhibition game.

Let's wait and see a few more games. We should have a better chance

to accurately see if some problems are going to continue to be problems.

Just made it through the first half... mostly casual watching, but a few replays to check out some players...

First Team impressions:

• RG3... ummm... no.
  • T. Pryor SR. - nice adjustment to poorly thrown deep ball; nice catch on the out route; body/foot control needs work... nice start for a work in progress. Not sure we started another WR....
  • Barn... looked slow...
  • Erving... mental looked worse than physical, turned loose first blitzer, an LB to take on SS that our RB already had lined up, but then it was a screen and we know we can't run screens.
  • I saw M. Johnson actually execute a kick-out block...
  • more on rest of OL later...

• Danny played lower early, but then reverted; also can be "handled" on the move laterally.
  • Krugs still loses contain.
  • Kirksey looked active, but bad semi-whiff on Neal's 3rd down run; ditto for Campbell except his head-down dive was a complete whiff.
  • Davis got nice depth for his tipped pass, but otherwise...

More later...

The Bad: Penalties. I won't go over them all, but geez.

When was our last game that we only committed 5 total penalties? Most of those were on the OL. Like it mattered ;)

Well.. sped thru 2nd half... gonna do a little pre-season OL recon later in week.

Meanwhile other impressions....

• General - pretty vanilla stuff
  • Davis - needs a "heads up" class... ducked it right into his concussion
  • Kessler - arm, when he got to show it, was better than expected... nice back-shoulder throw... poise? not yet...
  • Drango - decent at RT, but should not be allowed to wear Hickerson's number
  • Shon Coleman - only solid OLer in 2nd half
  • Mostert - pleasant surprise running... not so much returning

• General - not seeing pass rusher(s), 2ndary seemed to tackle well
  • Mingo - cannot "break down" to save his life, no body control...
  • Nassib - nice motor, but no discipline
  • Schobert - one nice TFL producing slash, need to look more at him
  • Anunoby - 4th string NT showed more good than bad late
  • Ogbah - pretty mixed bag included a couple nice edge sets, but little pocket pressure

Now I can read what my compadres thought above...

Lets be honest....everyone says Cams natural position is center?.....yet, he only played 5 games there in college.....and it looks like it....

I have been stuck watching ACC Football for like 20 years. Cam was FSU starting LT. By the time he was a JR. he knew all the line positions & was given/(not earned imo) due to injuries at other OL positions. FSU's best OL depth was at LT. Erving was their best plug n play guy due to NO depth at C or G. I hate Kiper, but the dude is right when he said the only position Cam is NFL ready for was G. Farmer got caught up in the Mack & other OL position injuries & pulled the wrong trigger. Than the coaches did the same thing not coaching him at 1 position. I count JT,Joel B., Greco, Pasztor, S. Coleman, Drango. Possibles in A. Bailey,M. Matthews(gain weight & mass..PS) Gerhart & Erving due to need at C. We may keep 7-8, but the rest are just that bad? Ladson,Cory Tucker,D,Miller,K. Johnson,D. France. Now that Kessler may get more reps, think now is the time to move Sashi..

The ugly....

* Kesslers pocket awarenesss. Blech again. (along with the line that was protecting him)(double blech)

Watching Edward Scissorhands Mostert trying to return punts/kickoffs can definitely get coyote ugly. Having said that, he did have a decent punt return late in the 3rd quarter plus he got hit late out of bounds to set-up Kessler's TD pass a play later for whatever it's worth. I equate the experience of watching him to seeing poor Todd Philcox make football follies out of taking a snap cleanly or executing a hand off.

I rewatched the game last night and noticed he was playing punt coverage gunner with about 2:48 to go in the half when Lee booted a punt over 62 yards or so. It wasn't pretty but he made the tackle. I think we can all agree he keeps our attention good or bad. He's only 195 lbs so he's limited in pass pro; but he averaged over 8 yards a carry in his goal to be our 3rd RB. His biggest hurdle will be proving he can catch the ball out of the backfield. We'll see what he does.

I have been stuck watching ACC Football for like 20 years. Cam was FSU starting LT. By the time he was a JR. he knew all the line positions & was given/(not earned imo) due to injuries at other OL positions. FSU's best OL depth was at LT. Erving was their best plug n play guy due to NO depth at C or G. I hate Kiper, but the dude is right when he said the only position Cam is NFL ready for was G. Farmer got caught up in the Mack & other OL position injuries & pulled the wrong trigger. Than the coaches did the same thing not coaching him at 1 position. I count JT,Joel B., Greco, Pasztor, S. Coleman, Drango. Possibles in A. Bailey,M. Matthews(gain weight & mass..PS) Gerhart & Erving due to need at C. We may keep 7-8, but the rest are just that bad? Ladson,Cory Tucker,D,Miller,K. Johnson,D. France. Now that Kessler may get more reps, think now is the time to move Sashi..

Gumby, love all your posts but I disagree with Kiper big time here.

OGs face a lot of big powerful/girthy DTs built like Suh and Ngata. If Cam isn't very strong or powerful on top of his inability to bend enough to compete with more powerful guys wired for better leverage/pad height, we end up seeing what we saw in 2015 with Cam in over his head at OG. He reminds me of McQuistan only we blew a first round pick on him. Remember back in the day when we got rid of Mike Baab (6'4" 270 lbs) for a taller Greg Rakoczy (6'6" 290 lbs). IMO, Baab was way better, because of his ability to play with better leverage/base/pad height. This became a big reason he returned to us after Rakoczy disappointed.

I've seen taller guys like Dan Fike (6'7") bend better enough to be successful. And more recently, Austin Pasztor (also 6'7").

Ok....got our first look......nothing earth shattering......but my first impressions on some players Ive been waiting to see....

The Good....

* Ogbah looked good, fast and strong. Led the team in tackles and flashed some serious speed for a man his size. I LOVE guys who can finish a tackle.

* Nassib had a few nice plays too. Showed he could get to the QB and has some fire. Like.

* Raheem Moore looked good at the safety spot. Seemed to have his nose near the ball(a lot)

* RGIII showed promise too. Looked better than I expected he would, actually. QB room seems to be the best we've had in quite a while. Fingers crossed.

* Pryor opened with a nice diving catch, after running right past his defender. Another one that continues to surprise. He might actually make it as a WR.

* Gilbert started and had zero negative highlights. Looked pretty decent, actually.

The Bad.....

* Crow & Duke....one touch each?

* Jamar Taylor seemed to have a lot of reps for a guy who kept getting burned. Miamis version of Gilbert who looks like he still doesnt get it.

The ugly....

agree and disagree Mud. some good points, as usual. BUT Gilbert wasn't impressive to me, he totally whiffed early and ate grass while their receiver got a little chunk of yards, maybe even a first down from it. i can't remember. after that i focused elsewhere...like the oline. and Cam at center still makes me nervous.

on specials i liked Schobert's play, good hustle and personally didn't think he appeared slow on D, considering. he got sweet penetration on that sack assist and showed good tackling too. Scooby was the one that looked lost to me. Shelton looked worst of all though. the first 6/10 plays or so keying in on him he gets driven out of the play repeatedly. i am not familiar with the scheme or his specific assignment on every play but i was hoping for a little more Casey Hampton and a little less Big Baby. as in playing the nose, not 4-3 DT.

agree and disagree Mud. some good points, as usual. BUT Gilbert wasn't impressive to me, he totally whiffed early and ate grass while their receiver got a little chunk of yards, maybe even a first down from it.

Yeah...I cant say he was impressive.....just didnt suck.....and was starting for a reason(cause Hue see's him everyday)....

i can't remember. after that i focused elsewhere...like the oline. and Cam at center still makes me nervous.

Yep....Cam scares me......gonna get someone(or 2) killed.....

on specials i liked Schobert's play, good hustle and personally didn't think he appeared slow on D, considering. he got sweet penetration on that sack assist and showed good tackling too.

In fairness, I didnt focus much on Schobert....he drew my attention by getting owned on a play and, not knowing who it was, I looked up the number to see who it was that just got smooshed.....then I watched him a little closer and just wasnt impressed.....but, yeah, he made a good play....

Scooby was the one that looked lost to me.

Really?.....I didnt see that.....but I admit I give him a little more slack because of lower expectations.....

Shelton looked worst of all though. the first 6/10 plays or so keying in on him he gets driven out of the play repeatedly. i am not familiar with the scheme or his specific assignment on every play but i was hoping for a little more Casey Hampton and a little less Big Baby. as in playing the nose, not 4-3 DT.

Yep.....Danny is not living up to the hype.....nice, likable guy....but.....

looked like Gary was even looking at RG3 when he threw the ball but didn't adjust nor did he even extend his arms and reach for it. was weird, like the kind of plays that conspiracy theorists call payoffs. not suggesting this, it just had that same look to it is all...cuz he was looking right at RG#. maybe the packer player was in his way obstructing his view. either way it was the right read by RG3 but bad placement/touch and a great defensive play. while there were defenders nearby that was a makeable play.

when did Pryor finally heal from that hammy? i think it was near mid season, yes? by then we had moved on. but then Flash Gordon called him up and said "mind if i show you a lil somethin about playin wr?" and Terrell called up Randy Moss U...paired with the results of a productive offseason of hard work and great effort by the former QB he is looking pretty solid nowadays. he coulda tried to get on anywhere. Hue wasn't there yet so i wonder why he ultimately chose the Browns. if this was all he and Josh's master plan to play opposite one another someday, that would be pretty legendary. unlikely and far-fetched but not impossible. they have both admitted to at least daydreaming together about the possibility of it.

was that #27 Jamar Taylor i saw whiff and not #21 Gilbert? early play, whiff at LOS? hmmm, perhaps it was...

if so i retract my disagreement on Gilbert Mud, cuz that was all i thought i saw from #21.

He reminds me of McQuistan only we blew a first round pick on him.

good points flug & we did blow a Shane Ray pick or ? on Erving.(McQ. nice) But when JT reports first that Pasztor will start at RT & continues to work with S. Coleman at practice imo JT is setting up Greco to C, Pasztor G & S. Coleman RT. If these coaches are what we think they are as we see it, Erving can't be fooling any of them on game play

I'll tack on some things...

The Good: Connor Hamlet might be a viable target, and I like it. Not much else I can think of that wasn't mentioned. I like how Kessler threw that TD to Higgins, but the safety just seems to wipe out so much.

yes Hamlett's physical tools are exciting on paper. so far so good.

Kessler will beat that blitz in time. the game is still really fast for him, and he has a lot on his mind when the LOS is at the 50, let alone inside the endzone. i'm not that concerned about that safety. in fact i'm kinda glad it happened. good opportunity to focus on what not to do. that situation doesn't always present itself every day and Cody will undoubtedly learn and grow from it.

good points flug & we did blow a Shane Ray pick or ? on Erving.(McQ. nice) But when JT reports first that Pasztor will start at RT & continues to work with S. Coleman at practice imo JT is setting up Greco to C, Pasztor G & S. Coleman RT. If these coaches are what we think they are as we see it, Erving can't be fooling any of them on game play

Thanks Gumby! You bring up some valid points.

My dime store take: it's still early enough to where a good Offensive Line Coach like Hal Hunter can find solutions in house.

I know there's a reluctance to start inexperience so moving a guy like Greco to Center (whom I told has taken some reps at Center in some practices) is already beyond the subconscious thought process of our staff. We may have to kick Pasztor inside to Greco's spot or continue on with Pasztor at RT and let the bigger and more compact girths of Bailey and others battle it out to see who faces the power house frames at DT.

Is something wrong with my speel checker? It says made in Pittsburgh...

Id keep Alexander inside.....and Scooby too......yes, he's a step slower, but his instincts will prove to be good enough to make up that step.....they should keep Scooby long enough to see what develops.....too bad Carder had a decent game.....

To me...Scooby looked better than Schobert.....1 game, I know.....

And, yes....Mostert looked pretty good running the ball....handing it to him seems to be the ticket....

Kruger.....yes, I know Im hard on him.....but thats because he deserves it.... :)

agree on Tank Carder lol, he did stand out. same w #52 Justin Tuggle. still unimpressed with Poyer. just seems average at best to me. i can't write off Marlon Moore yet. i believe he tightroped the line and tipped the ball to Ricardo Louis to down the ball at the 1. he also missed the kicker, unlike Schobert. he's solid depth. anyone know where Bademosi went?

agree on Cam. lol

in fairness to Scoob i didn't key in on him like i did Schobert. i was watching the line mostly not the ILBers so i will defer to you. i wanna see them both do well though. productive homegrown players are nearly irresistible fan faves. after the draft i was immediately hoping those two become that.

i hope that was Mozart's NFL audition and not our future. i'm not really a fan, and i'm hoping we have a better option with Watson.

totally agree on Kruger. it's deserving, and that is what sucks. because every single one of us would love to see him all world. hell Barky Ming had a better game than Kreug.

Archived