THE BROWNS BOARD

Playing For Next Year!

ITHIKA

Unless the browns go 6-2, 7-1 or 8-0, they will not make the playoffs the likely hood of that is almost impossible with the schedule they have. Remaining they have the Colts, Titans, Eagles and Steelers as the toughest opponents and the rest aren't easy wins either. This team will be lucky to get 3 to 4 more wins!

So here's my proposal, lets see what we have in the young players especially Quinn. I do not want to go through another football season with a QB that can't complete half his passes. Do I want Manning or Brady? No! I just want an efficient QB that can manage the game, which I believe Quinn is. Until he plays a few games we wont know much for sure though and If we don't find out this season and he is a bust next year then what? Back to the drawing board and waiting another few seasons to develope a QB. Im not having it and I won't watch it!

Im sure Quinn wont get his shot against the Broncos with the short week to prepare and even worse DA will have a great game against their very poor defense. DA plays well against bad defenses and awful against good ones! So look for him to rebound, but guess what? I don't care? Im tired of seeing this guy under center and its time for change.

So my thoughts are this. Give Quinn the start against the Bills no matter how good DA plays against the Broncos. It gives him extra time to prepare and take reps from the 1's on a long week.

Also, give Harrison more carries. I love Jamal but he is old and its showing alot this season. Lets see what Beau Bell can do subbing for Davis on a few downs. How bad can it hurt on a few downs, Davis sucks! Lets see what Rucker can do on a few plays, the guy can flat out catch the ball.

Its time for change Romeo and Phil. If you keep playing for this season thinking we have a shot with this team you are smoking crack! Lets start playing for next year, where we may actually have a shot at going to the playoffs!

On the other hand keep starting Anderson Romeo and when Lerner fires your ass to hire Marty or Bill next season, then I guess seeing DA every game this year won't be such a bad thing!

Lets start being realistic our playoff chances are GONE, Lets start finding out who we have on this team instead of what we know we have!

Just my 2 cents!

Guest Ghoolie

The problem with your logic is that we are speaking about the NFL.

Players only have so many years, games, plays in them and ANYONE who is competitive wants to play. Our guys may be an exception but still you can't send a message to teh rest of the football loving world that when times get tough the Browns will give up and start looking to next year.

Who would ever want to be drafted or come here as a FA? Pro football players only know one thing; playing football.

Likewise, you can't just throw out a bunch of inexperienced players out to get their clock cleaned.

Your response illustrates something I have been saying for many years now. The Browns FO doesn't know how to assess talent. Phil Sewage is a totall buffoon and his head coach is, at best, marginal.

Other teams already know who their talent is. they figure that out in the off season. Other teams. like the Steelers use football seasons to bitch slap weak faggot franchises like the Browns, over and over and over, use us for toilet paper and as an easy road to the playoffs.

The Cleveland Browns franchise is one of the worst in the NFL. The fans are second to none, HOWEVER, when I see posts like yours I realize that teh great fans of my day, as well as teh great players of those days are a different breed of man than today's fan.

This ownership has brought shame to the history of the Cleveland Browns.

Guest Masters

Ghoolie, while I'd agree with most of you post, I'd keep that horn tooting about "your generation fans" football knowledge on a leash. I've been on boards with you for a few years now, and I don't think I can count on one hand the number of posts you have had that had an semblance of football knowledge or understanding of the game.

Guest Ghoolie

Masters, yes, this is why you are agreeing with me; because I don't know anything about football. Don't worry man, I get it, guys like you get all worked up over meaningless X's and 0's while I predict correctly time after time events based on factors such as character, values, work ethic and emotion. It is funny how none of these younger fans chants, " In Savage We Trust" any more. On a closing note, of corse you agree with me, as you just demonstrated my words stand tall.

Guest Masters
Masters, yes, this is why you are agreeing with me; because I don't know anything about football. Don't worry man, I get it, guys like you get all worked up over meaningless X's and 0's while I predict correctly time after time events based on factors such as character, values, work ethic and emotion. It is funny how none of these younger fans chants, " In Savage We Trust" any more. On a closing note, of corse you agree with me, as you just demonstrated my words stand tall.

How was your predictions last year?

Wasn't that you backing off in the offseason and saying Winslow was good and so was Phil? Why yes, that was you. You go to what allows you to get people riled up, and when your wrong, you'll come in and admit you were wrong. Only to go over to the other side of the coin when it again suits your need.

Ghoolie Ur A Dumbass, I didn't say throw the rookies in there for the whole game! I said a few plays, to see what we have in them and how deep we are in that position. Obviously they agreed because Brady is starting asshole! And don't be surprised to see more of the other players I mentioned to, but not necessarily playing the whole game, A FEW DOWNS! Before you criticize someone think about what your typing!

Guest Ghoolie

Wasn't that you backing off in the offseason and saying Winslow was good and so was Phil? Why yes, that was you. You go to what allows you to get people riled up, and when your wrong, you'll come in and admit you were wrong. Only to go over to the other side of the coin when it again suits your need.

Me backing off? I never backed off saying Sewage was sewage. I did back off Crennell and have not necessarily been too much on his case. What I said was somethign to teh extent that.............. the success the Browns were enjoying has strengthened Lerners case and at the time gave him ammo to defend his performance.

I said I LOOKED forward to 2009. Dude, that isn't a prediction. Did 10 wins make me hopeful? Of course it did.

The enthusiasm has waned, this team is a loser.

Guest Ghoolie

<<

Ghoolie Ur A Dumbass, I didn't say throw the rookies in there for the whole game! I said a few plays, to see what we have in them and how deep we are in that position.>>

Not totally true diaper boy. You said you are tired of seeing Jamal Lewis. I agree, and said when we acquired him he was an old fart better suited to playing a few key downs as opposed to carrying an offense.

<>

So Andersen now is backup asshole?

Look Smegma-head the only reason Brady didn't start long ago is because Sewage and Crennel didn't have the foggiest idea that Andersen would do anything. He won a game so those dumb flucks decided to keep him in and hope for the best.

Fans are booing, Andersen blows. Unfortunately Quinn has a slowere release than Andersen and is likely to get clobbered. We will see soon enough.

And don't be surprised to see more of the other players I mentioned to, but not necessarily playing the whole game, A FEW DOWNS! Before you criticize someone think about what your typing!

Guest Masters

Me backing off? I never backed off saying Sewage was sewage. I did back off Crennell and have not necessarily been too much on his case. What I said was somethign to teh extent that.............. the success the Browns were enjoying has strengthened Lerners case and at the time gave him ammo to defend his performance.

I said I LOOKED forward to 2009. Dude, that isn't a prediction. Did 10 wins make me hopeful? Of course it did.

The enthusiasm has waned, this team is a loser.

You predicted LAST YEAR they would not win 6 games.

You did an about regarding Winslow, Savage, and RAC.

And why is it you mainly only show up when the Browns are down, or you have the likes of Jack/knowit to kick around?

Jamal was a top 5 rb in the league last year look up his stats. It was the right move at the time. This year you can tell he's really regressed and can't seem to handle the load anymore. We need to see what we have in Harrison not every down, but every few. Like the way the Giants split carries with Jacobs and Ward..

Your still a dumbass pessimist Ghoolie!

I remember a ROOKIE taking over the reigns and going 15-0 in 2004. Don't give up hope on this season. Quinn may very well be the answer for not only in the years to come, but the answer for this season. You have a good team, all you need is a spark to light an uncontrollable fire. 3-5 now and 9-7 may get you in. 10-6 could easily happen as well with good play from Quinn.

I remember a ROOKIE taking over the reigns and going 15-0 in 2004. Don't give up hope on this season. Quinn may very well be the answer for not only in the years to come, but the answer for this season. You have a good team, all you need is a spark to light an uncontrollable fire. 3-5 now and 9-7 may get you in. 10-6 could easily happen as well with good play from Quinn.

I don't have any doubt Quinn could take a GOOD team 8-0. Im an avid ND fan and know what Quinn is capable of, but this team isn't good enough itself there are still too many holes. There's just no way its gonna happen against teams like the Titans, Eagles and Colts.

I hope Im wrong and that maybe a 9-7 or 8-8 record will get the wild card, but I just don't think its gonna happen and If it does we've lost so many AFC games If it comes down to a tie breaker which it probable would, we won't get in.

Like I said I hope Im wrong, I just don't see it. The Ravens game was huge and the whole team SHIT THE BED especially DA. If they wanted to be in it they should of played better, same as last year against the Bengals.

Do I want Manning or Brady?
You mean Ben, Manning or Brady. Give up and finally own it - Ben Roth is in this top three. Sorry.

You can't be top anything when you're broken behind a swiss cheese line. Ben Frankenstein is almost out of replacement parts and almost out of time.

Doug

ben is done. his heads screwed. the ghosts are appearing, and he can't make decisions.

leftwhich runs that O better than ben.....half of pittsburgh is calling for bens head.

That about explains the deep mental capacity that Puke fans have.

HOW DARE PEOPLE CALL THEM BANDWAGONNERS!!!

ben is done. his heads screwed. the ghosts are appearing, and he can't make decisions.

leftwhich runs that O better than ben.....half of pittsburgh is calling for bens head.

Noone in Pittsburgh is calling for Ben's head. Only idiots that dont know football think Lefty should start.

Archived