THE BROWNS BOARD

It's official: Quinn to start Thursday

GoatInDaDawgPound

Today is the FIRST DAY of Training Camp!

I know the LUM suckers will be hoping and praying for BQ to fall on his face. I want the Browns to win EVERY WEEK.

Frankly, I don't care what they say. We will see what we have or DON'T have.

I also find it STRANGE that BQ is named the starting quarterback on a super short week...things that make you go hmmmmmmm (to quote Arsenio Hall). Making a QB change after Thursday (having a LONG week to prepare) seemed to me to be the recipe for MORE success, if that is what you want.

Either way I don't care. This team was NOT going to run the table...season was over anyway.

Good luck BQ...one step at a time!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today is the FIRST DAY of Training Camp!

I know the LUM suckers will be hoping and praying for BQ to fall on his face. I want the Browns to win EVERY WEEK.

Frankly, I don't care what they say. We will see what we have or DON'T have.

I also find it STRANGE that BQ is named the starting quarterback on a super short week...things that make you go hmmmmmmm (to quote Arsenio Hall). Making a QB change after Thursday (having a LONG week to prepare) seemed to me to be the recipe for MORE success, if that is what you want.

Either way I don't care. This team was NOT going to run the table...season was over anyway.

Good luck BQ...one step at a time!

Danimal, you gotta remember that Denver is a much better match up and at home, whereas going to Buffalo on MNF would be a tougher order, that's why I think they did it now.

I still don't get people mad that we're making a switch at qb. How someone could not see the issue there is beyond me. I know there were other issues, but every week there was one you could count on and it was at qb. If quinn doesn't work out, we're pretty much screwed. I feel we're out of the playoffs already anyway. I just want to see what happens with him in there. We traded draft picks to get him, so play the guy and see what you have.

For all you wondering aloud why this week....there are a TON of reasons...I just didn't think the Browns had the balls to do it!!!

1. Denver has a QBR against of 103.1, with only 3 INT's on the year (12 TD's)

2. Denver ALSO has a piss poor run defense (144+ against poor rushing teams) so JL will be able to keep the pressure off of BQ

3. It is the first of 4 games against teams with questionable defenses and having rough goes right now...(Denver 1-4/Buffalo 2 L's in a row and 20+ against/Hou 26.6 per game and 98+ QBR against/Indy 22+ per game and 30+ in 2 out of last 3)

But the biggest reason is through 8 games DA has shown a one game on one game off trend and the ONLY way the Browns may be able to shake it up is to either change coaches (not a great idea mid-season) or QB's...and we all know that we at least have an option to go to there.

As for his readiness...I think just improving to 60% completion rate would be enough to get this team going in the right direction.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

it's gotten to the point where even i'm happy that quinn's finally starting. i know you guys don't know me all that well, but i'm not a quinn guy. i was distraught when we traded to draft him and elated when anderson had a decent year last year.

however, it's come to the point where he's a detriment to the team and his negatives outweigh his positives. you can't be an nfl quarterback if you can't hit a six-yard pass.

it's not that i want quinn to start, it's that i want anderson benched. like charlie frye before him, dilfer before frye, garcia before dilfer, holcomb before frye and couch before holcomb, anderson is another body on the scrap heap. yes, he had a few good games, but he never improved. the only positive is that he never got gun shy like couch and frye. i always liked that anderson could pull the trigger. let's hope quinn has the same kind of swagger. he'll need it with the way this season has been.

maybe he'll have success somewhere else. maybe our coaches are the problem. but does anyone really think that another team is gonna trade for a backup QB with a huge contract?

also, what does this mean for K2? i didn't think it'd be possible to keep him after savage grossly mismanaged his staph infection, but might this open the door, if he and quinn have success together, to him staying on after this year?

Well....we had to do something....now.....some are going to get what they wanted.

I hope it works out...now it is time for the other half of the coin to boo incompletions.

I figure we will score 40-50....what about you??

The only reason we switched this week is we didn't want the PR nightmare of being booed on TNF...or a half empty stadium.

DA may have deserved to be benched.....but not after that last game.

It wasn't his fault we lost.

When are some of you going to start looking at the coaching??

Everybody, let's sing the Happy Happy Joy Joy song:

renandstimpy.jpg

Hello, boys and girls. This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats. This is a song about a whale. No! This is a song about being happy! That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs! Now, boys and girls, let's try it again!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!

Happy Happy Happy Happy

Happy Happy Happy Happy

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

icon_lol.gif SoCal... appropriate post.

Why does it seem like Shep, Listercat, and a few others like myself are the only ones actually ecstatic of the news. Really, this announcement made my day.

It's Quinn's time baby... embrace it! LETS DO WORK ON THESE PONIES

I remember after the Giants game everyone was eating crow and congratulating Lumbergh, etc for DA having a great game.....something tells me the favor won't be returned if Quinn does the same.

This will be interesting though...just wish he had a full week to get started.

The only reason we switched this week is we didn't want the PR nightmare of being booed on TNF...or a half empty stadium.

DA may have deserved to be benched.....but not after that last game.

It wasn't his fault we lost.

When are some of you going to start looking at the coaching??

We have/had 2 major problems on this team, one was easier to fix then the other, we had a guy on the bench to replace DA.

Next in line is to fire Crennel, lets hope it happens sooner rather then later.

I believe most of us have been saying to get rid of Crennel as well as DA.

Actually, they should have went to BQ before the Cincy game. In the last 4 games DA has played 1 Great game, 2 good games and 1 bad game. DA played well against the ratbirds. It is not his fault they lost that game. The int he threw would not have been thrown if BE catches prolly the game changing ball. He didn't, but in fairness he did bail DA out on his first TD of the game. But then again BE is paid to make plays, sadly he is even more inconsitant than DA.

I think that the organization has given up on the season and want to see what BQ is. I have no idea what type of player he is going to be. Will be interesting to see what he can do with two backup receivers, an inconsitant star receiver and an injured TE. And then compare that to what he does when he has a full receiver corps.

Obviously you have to stay with BQ the rest of the year no matter how he plays. You need to see what he can do with a decent number of starts under his belt. I will be curious to see and will try and not pick him apart as I fully expect growing pains.

Its pretty simple and has nothing to do with attendance this Thursday.

DA was on a very short leash with whomever the decision making body is inside the organization.

The totality of his first eight games combined with our highly improbable chance at the playoffs while sitting at 3-5 is why the switch was made now. They decided that giving DA even one more game of leash wasn't in the best interest of the franchise.

Pretty simple and pretty clear to understand.

hey there guys........long time reader, first time poster here. I know the last few years have been really tough on all of us as browns fans, but the news of brady quinn starting thursday is the breath of fresh air we need to get this team to where it should be, in the super bowl!!! I have told everyone since we drafted quinn that he is going to be to the browns as lebrone is to our cavs!!!!!!!! he will save our season and mark my words, you heard it here first, "WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR " He's a winner and he's got the respect of this potent offense, something da has lost as of late, sorry for rambling on, I'm just stoked, and all jacked up knowing the f.o is finally seeing the light............ icon_e_ugeek.gif

Welcome Tiffin.

Love your optimism and I hope you're right.

BTW, next time you're out by Heritage Drive...leave a flaming bag of excrement by the front door of Quick Tab II for me.

Doug

story is now confirmed on ESPN. The BRAY-DEE chants worked!

Serious question: Are you sticking around? Part of being a Browns fan is dealing with adversity icon_e_smile.gif

Of course I'll be watching dipshit. Although now that the Browns have officially given up on the season, it won't be terribly exciting, as I don't own a pink #10.

W@e "gave up" the season week one when we started Dumb Ass.

Archived