THE BROWNS BOARD

Trent Dilfer rips Cleveland and the Browns organization

D'Qwimbley

Said this elsewhere: Obviously, Dilfer is letting his personal feelings get in the way (he was PISSED when he got pulled for Frye). Anderson is the lowest rated passer in the NFL (over 200 attempts) halfway through the season. That gets you pulled.

Again, I think Dilfer is superb on ESPN. A rising star.

This ain't about passer rating shep, it's about a 3-5 overall record and a fan base that chants for the backup more than it cheers for a touchdown.

Dilfer is right, the organization folded to the fans. Not a good sign for the future of the club.

It's freaking Dildofer for god sakes, he hates the Browns and the city. He got in trouble while he was here in the Flats and basically got told he sucked in lieu of a rookie QB and one of the worst offensive coordinators ever using him as a scapegoat.

I have a hard time believing that he's bitter about getting benched here years ago.

I think he's great at what he does now for ESPN. I can't stand Jaws or Schlereth. Emmitt's the worst I've ever seen. Dilfer's probably the best they have at ESPN right now, as far as former players go.

Though, I didn't catch the evening sportscenter tonight before the MNF pregame garbage. I'd like to see what Dilfer had to say though. Maybe it'll get youtube'd

I do remember last year, when Frye was moved, every single ESPN "analyst" said the organization was a mess, and the worst franchise they'd ever seen, etc. etc. Then 8 weeks later, they all spoke as if they never knocked this team, and jumped onto the bandwagon. I just hope this doesn't turn into musical QBs. You make this decision, and stick with it...

EDIT:

Assuming it's what just ran, Bermann talking to Dilfer, I gotta say, Dilfer is pretty spot on. The only thing to debate would be whether the Team is bad, or DA is bad.

He just repeated himself on MNF Countdown. I'm sure he's a brilliant man, what with his Hall of Fame credentials, but you don't bench your QB if you're a bad team?! And yes, that is a direct quotation.

In fairness, the numerous bad teams that have benched him might have had an effect on his analysis, but still.

Dennis

Geez Shep, getting drafted in the first round qualifies you to be a top-notch analyst now, too?

They replay it on Espn.com on the little sidebar.

Trent sounds pissed, but ESPN seriously should make people watch all of the games before they comment. Dildofer - under 50% completion does not mean you 'regularly see Anderson completing passes'. I can tell he watched some highlights and that's it.

He's still pissed that he got benched for Charlie Frye.

I could care less about what anyone at ESPN has to say...they are all a bunch of tools

Berman's act is SO old with his constant WHOOP....WHOOP or that other fool who talks about the cooler side of the pillow...bunch of a-holes

I will stick with my DirecTV and NFL Ticket as well as NFL Network

I know our organization has sucked and is struggling to end the suckitude, BUT FCUK Trent Dilfer!

That guy is a douche and his ovaries got hurt when he sucked so bad he got junked for Chuck Frye of all people.

Screw him and his SB MVP. He's a never was.

Doug

I agree, Shep. I backed DA for a long time--longer than most--because a) if he played well, the Browns won, and B) I like a good story and dislike Notre Dame, so keeping Footlong Boy on the bench was a win-win.

Was DA an upgrade over Frye? Without question. However, at the end of the day he just wasn't getting the job done. He did a nice job of doing the Wayne Fontes/Mike Tice thing, stringing together a good game or two when it came time to save his job. In fact, I would have gone so far as to say that he would have probably thrown for 400 yards and 5 TDs against the Broncos with the wolves at his door this week. But at the end of the day, he just couldn't play well enough, consistently enough to keep the starting job.

Is Quinn the answer? Who knows? But it's worth a shot at this point.

As both a Vols fan and a Browns fan, it's been an interesting day, to say the least.

Dennis

Take heart, DA lovers--he was just about to turn the corner when he was cruelly pulled. For Quinn lovers, if he sucks on Thursday you can still whine that if the move was made sooner, he would have gotten into the flow sooner. God, I hate all of you people so much.

Hey,

I'm starting the Ken Dorsey fan club...screw all you DA & BQ Homos!

10732.act.jpg

Dorsey Roolz!

If we aren't leading at halftime Thursday, yank Quinn and get the Ken man in there!

DWJ

God, I hate all of you people so much.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dency, get some therapy, maybe Dr. Phil can help. icon_lol.gif

Too true, SoCal. Dency does need some therapy...perhaps in the form a big-breasted blonde with a very tolerant gag reflex.

icon_e_wink.gif

Dilfer is right, the organization folded to the fans. Not a good sign for the future of the club.

Just like you rip Shep for relying on the guys at OBR, why would you put any credence in Dilfer?

Lum, post us the link to Savage/RAC's quotes on the matter as you usually do. We can then all rip the Browns for making the change due to fan pressure. Hell, you can start the bonfire and I'll bring the marshmellows.

Fraud.

Archived