THE BROWNS BOARD

great value

cambridgeho

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told EPSN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

this will completely take away any leverage we have with BE if Boldin goes for a 2nd and what ever else.

Yeah that does suck, however that means Boldin will get snatched up quicker and thus leaving at least a few teams out in the cold.

One could argue that Braylon is much more of a game changer than Boldin even though Boldin is a more "complete" receiver.

Just throwing a few things out there.

Keep in mind Boldin will be 29 this October and was NOT the #1 WR on his team. He also does not have premier speed and is more of possession type guy than a 'game changer'.

Don't get me wrong...I think the guy is great...but compare the two:

Edwards is 2" taller

Edwards 3yrs younger

Edwards career YPC average is 2.7yds higher

Edwards averages more TD's per season

Edwards has had at least 1 catch for over 70yds in EVERY season...Boldin only 2x out of 6

Edwards has started all 16 games in all but his 1st year...Boldin has done it only 2x out of 6

I am just saying...if you are looking for a game breaker with some tread still remaining...it is Edwards...not Boldin.

Yeah that does suck, however that means Boldin will get snatched up quicker and thus leaving at least a few teams out in the cold.

One could argue that Braylon is much more of a game changer than Boldin even though Boldin is a more "complete" receiver.

Just throwing a few things out there.

ya, it coudl have the effect of making people desperate for a reciever, cause theres 1 less on the market. thus making the teams left willing to take what they get instead of getting stuck without any reciever at all.

basically he could help us as much as hurt us

Here's my take on BE at this point.

Kokinis is willing to part with him for his price (1st and 3rd or whatever).

Kokinis doesn't HAVE to trade him and won't if he doesn't get his price. Think about it. Why would you weaken a position that is already a weak spot on your team.

It goes without saying that you might be trying to get something for Braylon before his contract is up but there's plenty of time to do that including summer time when guys get injured or needs newly arise.

Just my thought.

Keep in mind Boldin will be 29 this October and was NOT the #1 WR on his team. He also does not have premier speed and is more of possession type guy than a 'game changer'.

Don't get me wrong...I think the guy is great...but compare the two:

Edwards is 2" taller

Edwards 3yrs younger

Edwards career YPC average is 2.7yds higher

Edwards averages more TD's per season

Edwards has had at least 1 catch for over 70yds in EVERY season...Boldin only 2x out of 6

Edwards has started all 16 games in all but his 1st year...Boldin has done it only 2x out of 6

I am just saying...if you are looking for a game breaker with some tread still remaining...it is Edwards...not Boldin.

You forgot to mention that Boldin catches them all. No way NY even looks at Edwards if they can get Boldin for anything close.

Everyone cracks me up on Boldin.

Don't get me wrong he is somewhat of a beast and a pretty good #2 but how many times did he see double coverage?

How many times did Fitz?

1 team did not really focus on Braylon last year (Giants) and what happend?

Didn't Haley bench him last year in the NFC championship game because he was unproductive?

If you put Braylon in that same offense as a #2 opposed to Boldin what would you get?

Besides didn't Breaston get 1,000 yards as well as a 3rd receiver

Would it be a stupid trade to get Boldin for a second and a pick next year. Have him and BE this year and get a younger guy next year. To me Boldin is a faster Hines Ward and I think his toughness would be great to have in the AFC North. We would still have our first and get a WR in the second like we already have to get.

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told EPSN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

this will completely take away any leverage we have with BE if Boldin goes for a 2nd and what ever else.

Well.....I just finished a reply to a thread I posted this morning, defending my position, now i read this.

Boldin is a better player than Edwards IMO.

Nobody is going to give us multiple picks and a player for Edwards.

If they do....that is great for us.....but that guy should get canned before round 2 starts.

You forgot to mention that Boldin catches them all. No way NY even looks at Edwards if they can get Boldin for anything close.

I agree.

It's totally irrelevant he isn't the #1 on his team.

So what????

Boldin is a better player IMO.

Archived