THE BROWNS BOARD

3-0

Greythan

Can't talk about that fourth quarter without mentioning Joe. He was shooting the lights out. I can't wait to see these guys matched up against that horribly overrated Laker frontcourt.

I've been getting ahead of myself and scouting the Lakers. They can be had, Utah just proved that. Who do they match up on LeBron? Gasol and Z cancel each other out, and Wallace can be the enforcer against Bynum.

Let's look at it this way- Williams & West had lousy games, and the Cavs still managed to win a playoff game on the road. Regarding LeBron, the announcers are starting to mention him in the same breath as Jordan- and I agree- he can literally will a team to win. He has officially exceeded every expectation I had of him when he came into the league- the guy is just flat out a freak of nature.

I've been getting ahead of myself and scouting the Lakers. They can be had, Utah just proved that. Who do they match up on LeBron? Gasol and Z cancel each other out, and Wallace can be the enforcer against Bynum.

Wow. More Cavs homerism. Lets get back to earth...

1. Gasol > Z

2. Wallace will not be the enforcer on the 7 foot Bynum.

3. We have no one that can match-up with Odom unless LeBron moves up a position, just take a look at the last game at the Q.

The Lakers have size on the Cavs absolutely everywhere.

Guest Masters
Can't talk about that fourth quarter without mentioning Joe. He was shooting the lights out. I can't wait to see these guys matched up against that horribly overrated Laker frontcourt.

I been saying that for months. LA's front court, and well entire team aren't really wowing against UTH, who is missing their Okur.

Guest Masters
Wow. More Cavs homerism. Lets get back to earth...

1. Gasol > Z

2. Wallace will not be the enforcer on the 7 foot Bynum.

3. We have no one that can match-up with Odom unless LeBron moves up a position, just take a look at the last game at the Q.

The Lakers have size on the Cavs absolutely everywhere.

*sigh* This ain't homerism at all.

Gasol and Z are the same guy. The only difference is age and toughness. Gasol has the age, and Z has the toughness. They cancel each other out for what you're gonna get in production. Now mind you the match up against the Lakers is gonna be Z/Bynum and Varejao-Wallace/Gasol. Z will get plenty of opportunities to do what he was doing against the Pistons. Bynum is not going to come out and Z will have the open 20 footers. When Bynum finally closes the lane will free up for Z to dish. Bynum on offense does not scare me at all. You can bring help and well, he ain't exactly beating up on UTH's BACKUP center.

Wallace and Gasol is going to be brutal for Gasol. Wallace can play out because of the help D Lebron brings, along with Z's shot blocking. Bynum ain't going to be spreading Z out. Gasol will not win the match up bodying up with Wallace and Varejao will get under his skin.

Lamar "I never show up in the playoffs" Odom? You are worried about that? I keep telling you, pay no attention to the regular season games. They aren't 7 game playoff series. Teams aren't planning D or O the same way during the regular season. You play someone different every other night in the regular season. Just look at the mighty ORL down 2-1 to Philly.

I got to ask, do you really think UTH with out Okur should be giving LA fits?

The Lakers do not have some grand size advantage on CLE.

Varejao is 6'11" 260lbs, Illgauskas is 7'3" 260lbs, Wallace is 6'9" 240lbs, Smith is 6'10" 225lbs. In the case of CLE, you might as well throw Bron in as a big man too.

Gasol is 7' 260lbs, Bynum is 7' 275lbs, Mbenga is 7' 255lbs, Odom is 6-10 230lbs.

Archived