THE BROWNS BOARD

LATEST RUMOR

KardiacKid26

And a rumor is just what it is sanchez will be gone by the 3rd pick and even if he isnt...even though im high on sanchez i dont think he will fare so well straight out of the box he is going to be more of a project due to his lack of actual bigtime experience...so mankok would be trading 2 birds in the hand(bq and some hefty fan support) for a bird in the bush then if sanchez doesnt produce will put mankok in a really bad spot on the otherhand if he produces they are hero's and instant cleveland football guru's...i dont see the latter happening...its a big risk..hehehehe ;)

From Mel Kiper's mock:

Update (10:30 a.m. ET Saturday): The buzz surrounding the draft is focused on the No. 4 pick. It looks as though the Seahawks may take Aaron Curry instead of Sanchez. That would enable the Browns to either pick Sanchez and trade Brady Quinn or trade the pick. My information is pointing toward the Browns trading Quinn and selecting Sanchez.

Definitely not a fan of this.

I just don't get the hype with Sanchez. I personally thought he underachieved at USC considering the hype he came in with.

I'll be disappointed if they get rid of Quinn so easily. We basically gave 2 firsts to get him and he's never had a real chance to show he can lead the offense.

April 25

NFL.com

"Things have been overly crazy today, with information overload that entails a lot of deciphering and massaging. I am in St. Louis at Rams Park for the draft this weekend, and chatter has been flying all over the place. One thing that could be legit or be a ploy (it is interesting, if nothing else): The Rams, who hold the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, have purchased a plane ticket for USC QB Mark Sanchez to fly from Los Angeles to St. Louis on Sunday, when the team plans to introduce its top selection.

April 25

NFL.com

"Things have been overly crazy today, with information overload that entails a lot of deciphering and massaging. I am in St. Louis at Rams Park for the draft this weekend, and chatter has been flying all over the place. One thing that could be legit or be a ploy (it is interesting, if nothing else): The Rams, who hold the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, have purchased a plane ticket for USC QB Mark Sanchez to fly from Los Angeles to St. Louis on Sunday, when the team plans to introduce its top selection.

ESPN reported this morning that they also purchased a ticket for Monroe and one for Smith.

I have no idea if it's true. But one of the guys on the draft special this morning said that.

I dont believe this rumor at all kiper or not but if it does happen i will enjoy watching mankok wiggle and scream as their feet get held over the fire for the few years or less they are here!

On the otherhand if they guess right and successfully ressurect this club and quinn ends up sucking somewhere else then more power to them as long as dexter is sold,traded or given away free.. :) hehehehehe

With all due respect guys...we REALLY need to get off of this "but we paid this much for 'x' and we wouldn't be getting that back". First off, Phil Savage paid for Brady Quinn. Second, no one in the NFL cares what you paid for somebody. If you go out and buy a Chevy and pay $100,000 and try to sell it used...no one is going to care what you paid....they only care what it's worth.

If after all this scouting, they determine that they want to dump a QB and get whatever his market value is (while getting a QB to their liking) then so be it.

Just read an insider report that Browns players have leaked that Mangini seems to prefer Anderson to Quinn based on arm strength, primarily. He wants Daboll to run a vertical version of the offense, like the Jets did. Quinn's average arm might be bugging him.

Then again... we just read that the Browns told Denver that Quinn is unavailable. So there's really no telling. They've done a pretty masterful job of leaking A, B, and C as absolute truth.

Are you saying mangini likes DAs rifle arm?

If we are going to start DA we better move to a shotgun formation get an uber running back trade BE,rogers and bq for 3 scorchy WRs with 10ft verticals to catch DAs inaccurate passes and replace steinbach with a true offensive lineman and an uber center or its all for nothing and i doubt that will stop bigfoot from stumbling over himself! ;) hehehehe

I guess mankok likes being booed at home too...

Gimme quinn even gimme sanchez but god no not DA unless we are going run and shoot! ;)

if we do draft him...it's only to hold him hostage for a few picks before we unload him elsewhere.

I agree, and so does Chris Mortenson. You have a qb with two years of NFL experience, and you're going to dump him for an unerclassman? history says those types of qbs don't turn out very well. The Browns want picks, not another rookie qb.

I also have to think Mangini is smart enough to realize dumping a fan favorite like Quinn would be cause for Bottlegate II opening day. Let's face it, the fans are sick and tired of losing, and Coconuts and Mangenius got zero honeymoon potential- at least as I see it.

QB,Really???

Every damn time we are on the clock we should pick nothing but DEFENSE,DEFENSE AND MORE DEFENSE.

No matter how well we put our offense together ,points are going to be hard to come by this year and you win with defense in this league so I wouldnt waste a single thought let alone a pick on offense ,its all about the D.

Exactly. Everyone last season was talking about we need to draft defense, defense and more defense. Now most on this board want to draft Sanchez??? WTF??

And if the ManKok regime wants DA to start,lord help this team. I still think we settled for this front office we hired.

Just read an insider report that Browns players have leaked that Mangini seems to prefer Anderson to Quinn based on arm strength, primarily.

Concerning if true as most agree arm strength is THE over blown stat for quarterbacks this time of year. Let's hope he doesn't base WR/RB's on their 40 time and lineman on their benchpress.

This is BS. I would sooner expect a monkey to fly out of my ass than see us drafting Sanchez. Although, at this point, I am dumbfounded as to who we are really going to take. My guess is Curry, trade-down, Orakpo. However, this is probably just my wishful thinking. I need a beer, this draft can't start fast enough.

Remember where Mangini learned how to deal with media and hype.

Anything being leaked for the last month is tainted or fabricated. He is a defensively minded coach in charge of a team that drastically needs defensive help. If Curry is still available, he is the one. Raji will be the next choice.

Just read an insider report that Browns players have leaked that Mangini seems to prefer Anderson to Quinn based on arm strength, primarily. He wants Daboll to run a vertical version of the offense, like the Jets did. Quinn's average arm might be bugging him.

Marcellus Wiley on ESPN said he expects Anderson to win the QB competition.

Marcellus Wiley on ESPN said he expects Anderson to win the QB competition.

Russ Hanson from The Browns Board said he expects Brady Queen to win the QB competition going away.

That dude know his shit.

Archived