THE BROWNS BOARD

Alex Mack

Farang

This is a GREAT pick for us, right now, today.

It fills a "must" position for us that wasn't going to get filled any other way.

It solidifies what appears to be the strength of the team right now.

It signals the seriousness of ManKok about building the right way, from the trenches out.

And it signals that we will be a run-first, controlled-passing attack type of team.

Expect to see a RB and defense tonight.

Don't like this. What happened to drafting defense? :angry:

The browns never said they would go D. Fans assumed we would.

It isn't like we were a scoring machine last year.

Guest Masters
hoe the fk you pass on wells macklin and maualuga is fkn beyond comprehension!

The same way other teams with similar needs did. In a few picks to the 2nd and Rey is still there. Looks like his highlight reels didn't sway NFL GMs the way it does some people.

Hopefully this will put a stop to those bullrushes up the middle that wipe out our QB right at the snap of the ball.

I doubt it.

Two months ago, Mike Mayock's knock on Mack is that he "spends too much time on the ground." That worries me when it comes to drafting a Center for the AFC North.

In this thread, I mentioned:

If you want a genius, then Alex Mack (6'4" 311) is the way to go. He won the Draddy Award (the scholastic equivalent of the Heisman), but he has a tendency to play too high and doesn't drive block all that well, especially in short yardage situations.

Eric Wood (6'4" 310) can improve in his drive blocking abilities against bigger DTs (who can't?), but he's at least decent, and has the potential to improve. He doesn't have the quickest feet and may have trouble with NFL speed rushing DTs, who aren't a dime a dozen, anyways. He's a good technician who uses his feet and hands to position himself well to go along with some of that brutishness.

-Al

I liked Mack in the 1st and between the extra picks and Rey slipping to us in the 2nd was jumping out of my chair screaming with excitement, then we took, 2 wideouts.....

Damn.

Still no thumper at ILB, to me it shows EM values intelligence over athleticism at ilb and we're probably going to wind up with more boring 2 gap 3-4 whos ass gets ran up more than an IT guy in a state pen.

WAY TO GO!

Looking forward to another boring 4 years of wet paper bag defense before we bring in the next coach.

So....

Who is going to be our next head coach?

This is by far my favorite pick of the draft . Robiskie is of coarse the only guy I mentioned going in , but Mack is what it is all about man . After listening to his interview , and learning some things about the guy , I see a center like Mike Babb . Joe Thomas and Eric Stienbach will love this guy .

The interview also spoke very highly of Mangini . I am totally on board the new era train and you can believe it .

GO BROWNS

WOOF WOOF

Guest Masters
I liked Mack in the 1st and between the extra picks and Rey slipping to us in the 2nd was jumping out of my chair screaming with excitement, then we took, 2 wideouts.....

Damn.

Still no thumper at ILB, to me it shows EM values intelligence over athleticism at ilb and we're probably going to wind up with more boring 2 gap 3-4 whos ass gets ran up more than an IT guy in a state pen.

WAY TO GO!

Looking forward to another boring 4 years of wet paper bag defense before we bring in the next coach.

So....

Who is going to be our next head coach?

Who is that thumper ILB for NE, SD, PIT, or Philly? It's over rated.

Archived