THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

Here is today's Survey. Give your opinions/answers:

1. Which Brown's player that was "let go" (cut, lost in FA etc.) will the Browns miss most from last year?

2. ESPN had him ranked the 33rd best QB in the league (of only 32 teams??) What is your prediction for how well Robert Griffin will perform at QB this year?

3. The Cavaliers are NBA Champs. The Indians have the best...or nearly the best record in the AL, and could challenge for the MLB title. The Cleveland Monsters won a Championship. On the other hand, I detect a strong note of Apathy when it comes to the Cleveland Browns. Sort of a "yea, they are fucking losers....I have better things to occupy my time with". Do you get that same feeling.....and don't you think that is very bad for a team to have amongst its fan base. At least if they are pissed off they care. Apathy is worse. Do you see this?

4. Adele says she turned down doing the halftime show of the Super Bowl because that show is not really about "music" but is all about showmanship, and since she doesn't dance or anything she would not be able to give a good show. So, is her claim justified, or does she just want to avoid the embarrassment of being the Jabba the Hutt of the entertainment world?

And who would you get to do the show that would put on a great show (who has not done if previously?)

5. What is the best thing you have ever done?

1. Which Brown's player that was "let go" (cut, lost in FA etc.) will the Browns miss most from last year?

Schwartz. With a new QB and young wrs, I think nailing down that young vet opposite Joe Thomas would have been big for this offense. But analytics said No, not quite.

2. ESPN had him ranked the 33rd best QB in the league (of only 32 teams??) What is your prediction for how well Robert Griffin will perform at QB this year?

Pro Bowl

3. The Cavaliers are NBA Champs. The Indians have the best...or nearly the best record in the AL, and could challenge for the MLB title. The Cleveland Monsters won a Championship. On the other hand, I detect a strong note of Apathy when it comes to the Cleveland Browns. Sort of a "yea, they are fucking losers....I have better things to occupy my time with". Do you get that same feeling.....and don't you think that is very bad for a team to have amongst its fan base. At least if they are pissed off they care. Apathy is worse. Do you see this?

Not at all. Most people I talk to understand that this is a reboot, they like the draft and they look forward to seeing these young guys under Hue. I am president of a Browns Backers Club, and these guys can't wait to get together this year, we had to get a bigger club. So, No.

4. Adele says she turned down doing the halftime show of the Super Bowl because that show is not really about "music" but is all about showmanship, and since she doesn't dance or anything she would not be able to give a good show. So, is her claim justified, or does she just want to avoid the embarrassment of being the Jabba the Hutt of the entertainment world?

And who would you get to do the show that woud lput on a great show (who has not done if previously?)

I doubt she was asked, and they should only get rockers that personify the NFL, but that won't happen cause they are trying to bring in chick viewers and non-football viewers.. I don't watch the fucking half time show anyway, time to piss and replenish.

Nailed a bunch of hot chicks.

Schwartz

25th?

Not really, it seems while most people are happy the cavs won and the indians are good, the town would explode if the browns won big.

And who would you get to do the show that would put on a great show (who has not done if previously?)

Not stick thin = jabba the hutt?

No idea, needs to be someone big and mainstream.

No idea. Probably grow up and become independent.

I think, The Schwartz. He never should have been let go, and I don't think he wanted to go, and now RT is a real trouble spot.

Next after that was my brother from another mother. Tashaun

He will be better than the 33rd QB. He will be a middle of the road QB. Not great, not awful.

I do see it, and feel it a bit. We have just climbed the top of Mount Everest with out basketball team, and we are at least at base camp with our Baseball team. Why should people have any interest in what is happening in the Marianas Trench that is the Cleveland Browns. If they could just float to sea level the interest in this team would rise dramatically.

Yea, I think Miss Chunkybuns just wants to avoid embarassment. Other acts that could likely be considered that have not performed previously I think could include Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, J Lo, Eminem, Pink....and others. How about a Snoop Dog show?

It is a cliche, but it happens to be true: raising two great kids.

(beyond that probably attaining the level of education I have, coming from a family where no one else went beyond High School)

Conner Shaw

Pro Bowl...Playoff qb

I see a new team with a new attitude. Fuck all the nay say.

I would bone Adele fat ass and all.

Best thing ever done. Humm.

I took over a kitchen in a truckstop that was in the bottom 5 (in the company) in sales and in two years made it #2 in the company. Each year increasing a 25%-39% increase. I had an idea and it worked.

You see food at a gas station/truckstop and it's not appealing unless it's full and fresh all the time. Most have a waste margine of 13% so I used it. Yes we threw out more but made more money in profits. It's like Thanksgiving dinner. The more on the table makes you hungry as opposed to just a few items. After all no family packs up the family car and goes to a gas station to eat. They buy it compulsively.

Mack... part of this is a faith in Shon Coleman to serviceably replace Schwartz... part is that replacing Mack looks like it may require shuffling the line.

Bottom quartile and "I" for "Incomplete"...

Apathy does not quite fit my feeling... more like "guarded". We want to believe in Hue & Co. (HueCo?), but not going to invest too much emotionally this, yet another, rebuilding year. This time I need more reason to believe...

Adele at the Super Bowl just doesn't work... great voice, but is not a high-energy performer.

First timers? That are still above ground? Wow... pretty sure Gilmore and Waters wouldn't reunite for a SB... maybe Jack White, but not sure where he is musically right now... how about a stadium rock montage?

AC/DC with CheapTrick and West Side Steve...

Fathered my daughter is my first impulse, but she turned out better than my parenting, especially early, would have warranted, so a lot of the credit must go to her.

I did receive my company's President's Award around the middle of my working life when I lead a neglected operating unit back to record profitability. Increased capacity by 30% and reduced variable costs over 20% with little capital investment while avoiding a significant environmental investment. All in about 18 months.

All this without process engineering support, but a "receptive" crew of Operations folks who were a bit downtrodden to say the least. We all "grew" together and most of us earned promotions.

Pretty cool when the "best thing" was also the best time one ever had working.

The other thing about Adele is that her music is a mix of blues and ballads....some of which, while great stuff, is depressing. And she does just basically sing.

That would have been like Bruce Springsteen doing a Super Bowl and playing only songs from Nebraska. They want more upbeat, energetic music/performances.

Bruno Mars was an almost perfect guy for the job.

Tashaun Gipson

Tough question so soon into the season, but no way he's at the bottom of the pack. I think he does well if we can run the football...if not, he's a sitting duck and will fail.

I see a bit of it, mostly from younger fans who have never witnessed a Browns success. It's a football town, always will be.

An actual rock band would be nice, like Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper for instance. But in all honesty, I don't care too much.

Raise my 3 sons, get them through college.

What about these acts that that I am unfamiliar with but when I google best current live performers they came up:

The Killers

The Strokes

Muse

The Arctic Monkeys

The White Stripes..(except, of course I know their one song...seven nation army or something like that)

Blur

And Foo Fighters....or did they already perform?

Though, I also hear that these acts could be in line to perform:

Kanye West

Rihanna

Justin Timberlake (headlining...and without Janet Jackson's boobs)

Guns N. Roses.....newly reunited?

An actual rock band would be nice, like Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper for instance. But in all honesty, I don't care too much.

In the past they went for the aging rockers....and ultimately got criticized for just putting old fart bands up there. Then they want for Janet Jackson and her boob...and got criticized for going too far the other way. Then they went for more mainstream current acts, and that has worked a bit.

In the past they went for the aging rockers....and ultimately got criticized for just putting old fart bands up there. Then they want for Janet Jackson and her boob...and got criticized for going too far the other way. Then they went for more mainstream current acts, and that has worked a bit.

I know....The Who comes to mind. I guess I'm not too tolerant of today's music in general, and the hype surrounding the half time show.

Schwarzenegger by far

I think if he stays healthy he'll finish ranked top 16

I do see it, but I also think the fan base is still strong and winning of course cures everything.

I'm glad she declined because she would be lame. They always try and get acts that will please the women. How about we get one that will please the men. How about AC/DC or maybe a newer rock band like Shinedown? Hell, why not a country singer like Eric Church or Kenny Chesney?

Well it isn't my choice of career, I'd say choosing my girl.

The other thing about Adele is that her music is a mix of blues and ballads....some of which, while great stuff, is depressing. And she does just basically sing.

That would have been like Bruce Springsteen doing a Super Bowl and playing only songs from Nebraska. They want more upbeat, energetic music/performances.

Bruno Mars was an almost perfect guy for the job.

Agree on Bruno... brought an energy even Coldplay could not kill...

Re: Your other reply... looks like you and I clicked the same google hit. I needed a little thought stimulation... ended up with a bunch of "Who?"

Which in retrospect should have made me think of The Who...

1. Mack because Erving is the weakest link in the line.

2. Around 26th or so

3. Winning cures all

4. Don't watch the halftime show

5. Never gave away my soul to the dark side despite multiple opportunities (thank goodness my college roommate's murderer was just denied parole last month for another 5 years minimum).

5. Never gave away my soul to the dark side despite multiple opportunities (thank goodness my college roommate's murderer was just denied parole last month for another 5 years minimum).

Do you want to flesh that one out for us....or will the remembrance bring you closer to the darkside Anikan?

The Who did the show a while back otherwise yeah, obviously.

Yea, I am assuming that the SB committee would want someone who has not already done the show.

Of course, it they want to go back to doing aging Rock and Roll Hall of Famers who put on a great show, then, yes, they should get Alice Cooper up there. (but I still think he intimidates some people even after 45 or more years....and the SB team is likely a timid group that would not want his brand of theatrics)

How about Alice Cooper AND KISS together?

64a47bb5644decf56f0d7010a6823659.jpg

How about opening it up to bands of all time? Queen would probably be about as good as it gets.

Well, lets face, while Queen is in like my Top 5 favorite bands ever, since the death of Freddie Mercury, they have really just been a tribute band to themselves, bring in replacements like Paul Rogers, Adam Lambert, etc. So, I guess the powers that be see them no more relevant than bringing back some other "Classic" bands.

They could bring in Elton John and Billy Joel for a piano duel. those two have never performed.

Or do those Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd reunions.

And FYI, the next Super Bowl will be in Houston....so maybe a country theme would be in order. Garth Brooks, George Strait (is he still alive), Kenny Rogers, Reba

Do you want to flesh that one out for us....or will the remembrance bring you closer to the darkside Anikan?

As Canton Mike can attest, Vietnam provided multiple opportunities for what I called "crossing the line". Some gave in to the stress of ongoing fear/anger and made some poor choices, e.g. My Lai. That kind of thing can steal your soul IMO. And the sociopath who murdered my roommate has never shown any remorse and should have been given the death penalty for premeditated murder. Instead he will get out at age 70 in 2025 unless paroled in 2021 which is his next hearing. For 8 years I chose not to employ old skills while I waited for cold case detectives to finally prove the obvious. Markings on a .45 reload that fit the die used by his later ex father in law finally got a plea bargain. The original detectives never followed up with that since he was killed with a .25 cal. The unfired reload was found under Mike's body when it inadvertently fell out of the killer's pocket.

As Canton Mike can attest, Vietnam provided multiple opportunities for what I called "crossing the line". Some gave in to the stress of ongoing fear/anger and made some poor choices, e.g. My Lai. That kind of thing can steal your soul IMO. And the sociopath who murdered my roommate has never shown any remorse and should have been given the death penalty for premeditated murder. Instead he will get out at age 70 in 2025 unless paroled in 2021 which is his next hearing. For 8 years I chose not to employ old skills while I waited for cold case detectives to finally prove the obvious. Markings on a .45 reload that fit the die used by his later ex father in law finally got a plea bargain. The original detectives never followed up with that since he was killed with a .25 cal. The unfired reload was found under Mike's body when it inadvertently fell out of the killer's pocket.

So, when did this happen? And are you saying that your friend was killed by his father in law?

Kind of a whole new level of darkside there...

Glad you won, Ag, so you could eventually wind your way to us...

So, when did this happen? And are you saying that your friend was killed by his father in law?

Gip-I did not properly word that. When the guy came under suspicion for murdering my friend Mike in 2000, his wife divorced him within a year or two. The cold case guys picked up on the evidence box and found the .45 reload which eventually led them back to the murderer's now ex-father in law who told the police he had given his son in law .45 reloads as a present well prior to the murder. That ex father in law still had the original reloading die which marks reload shells just as accurately as a rifle barrel marks a bullet. That led to the killer's plea bargain and imprisonment that started in 2007 and was finalized as 17 to life in 2008 with one year credit in the county jail before the plea deal was accepted. Good behavior led to his first parole hearing last month and he was denied with no more hearings until July 2021.

Tour-thanks for the kind words-believe me it was tempting to go after him, but I just remembered how easy it is to give away your soul if you don't guard it carefully. We all knew he did it, but we just could not prove it until the cold case guys figured it all out.

Gip-I did not properly word that. When the guy came under suspicion for murdering my friend Mike in 2000, his wife divorced him within a year or two. The cold case guys picked up on the evidence box and found the .45 reload which eventually led them back to the murderer's now ex-father in law who told the police he had given his son in law .45 reloads as a present well prior to the murder. That ex father in law still had the original reloading die which marks reload shells just as accurately as a rifle barrel marks a bullet. That led to the killer's plea bargain and imprisonment that started in 2007 and was finalized as 17 to life in 2008 with one year credit in the county jail before the plea deal was accepted. Good behavior led to his first parole hearing last month and he was denied with no more hearings until July 2021.

Tour-thanks for the kind words-believe me it was tempting to go after him, but I just remembered how easy it is to give away your soul if you don't guard it carefully. We all knew he did it, but we just could not prove it until the cold case guys figured it all out.

OK, so it was the killer's ex father in law who provided the evidence.....He was not the victim's ex in law. Right?

(well....a certain justice may prevail. A guy like that is a likely candidate to be shivved while in prison)

OK, so it was the killer's ex father in law who provided the evidence.....He was not the victim's ex in law. Right?

(well....a certain justice may prevail. A guy like that is a likely candidate to be shivved while in prison)

Right, not the victims ex in law. And once he got old enough they transferred him to an older inmates prison unit in east Texas so he is now less likely to be harmed. He was beaten a couple of times pretty badly in county jail while awaiting trial.

Archived