THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking News: Manafort Resigns

Tour2ma

Following yesterday's AP report that emails show Manafort operated domestically as an unregistered foreign agent in 2010-2012, today Paul Manafort offerred, and Donald Trump accepted, his resignation.

Resignation

https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Email story...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6eed1ef61eb744e1aac584f8ac1f7247/trump-advisers-waged-covert-influence-campaign

Absolutely....

Role was already diminished and this way the "foreign agent" issue only steps on one news cycle.

So I'm waiting by the phone, can't be too long now.

Campaign Mgr or Super Bowl halftime... you can't do both.

Probably a good call

Although Trump is getting hammered on his shake up I agree with all of them. Lewandowsky did well with the republican primary but he was not the campaign manager for the general election. I liked Manafort alot but he was becoming a distraction himself with the media.

Conway will do an excellent job. Another recent hire was Cruz's former PR firm that also handled the Brexit vote...I look for both these hires to help Trump alot.

Although Trump is getting hammered on his shake up I agree with all of them. Lewandowsky did well with the republican primary but he was not the campaign manager for the general election. I liked Manafort alot but he was becoming a distraction himself with the media.

Conway will do an excellent job. Another recent hire was Cruz's former PR firm that also handled the Brexit vote...I look for both these hires to help Trump alot.

Agree... so long as she has Trump's ear she might be effective.

One thing I did not know is that she has some history with Pence. Following from wiki...

After practicing law, Conway entered the polling business with Wirthlin Group, a GOP polling firm which worked for Ronald Reagan. She also worked for a period for Luntz Research Companies before founding her own firm, The Polling Company, in 1995. Among the political figures Conway has worked for are Congressman Jack Kemp; former Vice President Dan Quayle; Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich; Senator Fred Thompson; and Congressman (now Indiana Governor) Mike Pence.[2] She worked as the senior advisor to Newt Gingrich during his 2012 United States presidential election campaign.[3] In August 2015, she became the president of the Promise I Super-PAC which supported the 2016 presidential campaign of Ted Cruz and is part of a group of 4 super-PACs supporting Cruz. Its main funding was 11 million dollars from hedgefund manager Robert Mercer.[4]

I heard about this connection on a show yesterday. Commentator joked that at least her history was with the one guy in the campaign that Trump can't fire. ;)

Back on the serious side... the questions now raised about the Trump campaign are two-fold:

1. Who is actually going to run the campaign organization? KellyAnne may have the chops, but is untested.
  2. Who is going to act as the go between with the RNC? Manafort was the guy and it was a strength of his, but now who fills that role, a role whose importance was increased with the arrival of Bannon.

Archived