THE BROWNS BOARD

SHOTS FIRED! New Research Challenges Sacred Cow of the Liberal Left

OldBrownsFan

One of the things I usually hear about homosexuality is that gays were born that way. The bible clearly lists homosexuality as a sin so the bible must be wrong because they were born they way they are and have no control over it and science has proven it. Apparently science has not:

"Well, this will cause a few liberal heads to explode, especially in light of the fact that liberals take great pride in their adherence to science as the be all and end all of every discussion.

Now science is meddling with one of their pet causes: sexual orientation."

The cultural Marxists would have us believe that gender is fluid and sexual orientation is something people have no control over.

Yeah. About that.

A report by two renowned researchers on Monday has concluded that there is no scientific basis to believe that gay or transgendered people are “born that way.”

http://www.redstate....w-liberal-left/

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The human brain is a complex thing, I don't think it's known exactly what pre-birth and post-birth factors end up making a person gay.

But if girls like this came all up on you and there was no movement, I think it's pretty obvious that gay is not a choice for many people.

That speaks for sexual orientation.

As far as gender, I don't know.

It's all just how some people are wired, I don't see why it's still a debate. What is this even advocating for? Are they saying that straight camps are good or something?

The whole idea of homosexuality being a choice is basically Retarded. I mean, given how much shit people take for it - remembering Die Hard casually dropping in to conversation that he thinks one such guy in his navy days was killed for being gay, because that's what happens - who would *choose* to be gay?

Beat me to it... I read this and find it to be very compelling against the LBGTQFMNOPQRST agenda... However, I wonder how much media attention it will get... if any. I saw it first on Yahoo, a shocker, and now I can't find it on their first page.

The human brain is a complex thing, I don't think it's known exactly what pre-birth and post-birth factors end up making a person gay.

But if girls like this came all up on you and there was no movement, I think it's pretty obvious that gay is not a choice for many people.

It's all just how some people are wired, I don't see why it's still a debate. What is this even advocating for? Are they saying that straight camps are good or something?

In a nutshell, there is no scientific evidence for being "Born that way". That children who portray trans-gendered actions normally grow out of such actions. That parents who try and push/nurture their children to being transgendered can cause more harm mentally down the road. That sex reassignment surgery does not provide the mental stability that is assumed. That the media and government agenda is in fact wrong and should seriously reconsider many of the legislation and agendas pushing for certain rights and recommends that serious research and study be given instead of giving into the agenda.

In a nutshell, there is no scientific evidence for being "Born that way". That children who portray trans-gendered actions normally grow out of such actions. That parents who try and push/nurture their children to being transgendered can cause more harm mentally down the road. That sex reassignment surgery does not provide the mental stability that is assumed. That the media and government agenda is in fact wrong and should seriously reconsider many of the legislation and agendas pushing for certain rights and recommends that serious research and study be given instead of giving into the agenda.

[citation needed]

The whole idea of homosexuality being a choice is basically Retard. I mean, given how much shit people take for it - remembering Die Hard casually dropping in to conversation that he thinks one such guy in his navy days was killed for being gay, because that's what happens - who would *choose* to be gay?

Good lord diehard is a walking scumbag. And we're supposed to respect this guy cause he served.

Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Richard Speck and every member of NAMBLA were born that way. That's just a stupid reason for or against.

WSS

Do you see how bringing nambla and the predation of non consenting children into this discussion about consenting adults.......is kind of douchey steve?

Do you see how bringing nambla and the predation of non consenting children into this discussion about consenting adults.......is kind of douchey steve?

It's the continued equating of homosexuality with paedophilia and bestiality and necrophilia and ever more heinous things that perpetuates in the minds of the easily manipulated the idea that being gay automatically makes you a sexual predator who should be locked up.

The whole idea of homosexuality being a choice is basically Retard.

I love that the Retard autocorrect is still alive and well...

I think one of the things they are saying is this:

"Logically, it would appear that McHugh and Mayer are suggesting that if your 6-year old girl likes climbing trees and playing baseball more than she likes Barbie Dolls and princess dresses, that’s not your signal to start hormone therapy treatments to prevent her from developing as a normal female.

Likewise, if your 8-year old son likes to help Mom in the kitchen, you don’t take out a second mortgage on your home to pay for his reassignment surgery and introduce him to all your friends as “Monica.”

Kids go through phases. Given time and appropriate love and care, they grow out of them. The parent who rushes to use their children to make a statement for social justice probably have no business with kids and are likely the reason those kids are messed up."

*For me personally I just have heard that argument a number of times that gays are born that way so Christians who say the behavior is wrong (per the bible calling it a sin) we are the ones who are wrong.

I have met little kids who were clearly gay and not from families where mom and dad foster the idea of wanting a gay kid. Quite the contrary, they were devoutly religious.

My step brother is gay and grew up in our house where everyone gave each other hell for just about anything. Probably why he stayed in the closet for as long as he did.

Call it what you will but the kids are born that way and not groomed to become Liberace.

The whole idea of homosexuality being a choice is basically Retard. I mean, given how much shit people take for it - remembering Die Hard casually dropping in to conversation that he thinks one such guy in his navy days was killed for being gay, because that's what happens - who would *choose* to be gay?

I have a relative who was in the marines in the 60's and he said for entertainment they would go out and beat up gays on the weekends. He saw it as great fun. I am sure Diehard is right about a gay person getting killed back then. That is horrible and I am glad we have come a long ways today from that kind of hate against gays.

I just will not condone or put my stamp of approval on that behavior. For me it would be the same as condoning adultery. It is a behavior expressly condemned as sinful behavior in the bible. Most Christians though are well aware we are all sinners and love the sinner and hate the sin. That is where I am at.

Stuart

The idea that someone chooses his sexual orientation sounds ridiculous. No one chooses to be heterosexual. I am straight because I am straight, Cleve is gay because he is gay.

Did anyone here ever come to a point in your life when you chose which way you were gonna roll?

Stuart

The idea that someone chooses his sexual orientation sounds ridiculous. No one chooses to be heterosexual. I am straight because I am straight, Cleve is gay because he is gay.

Did anyone here ever come to a point in your life when you chose which way you were gonna roll?

Well...I choose not to be a Steelers fan. So there's always that.

A. Cleve - you are supposed to respect his SERVICE.

B. What is one perversion of normalcy that is completely not like other

perversions of normalcy? Steve makes a solid point. Same category,

legitimate suspicion between gayness and other perversions of normalcy.

It's just self-serving liberal to try to disassociate one from another when it's in the same category.

Archived