THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo traded to Patriots

LogicIsForSquares

If he plays well for the Patriots I will hunt him down!!

...he'll be a spot player on D, play special teams...and how much you wanna bet he walks away with a ring...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I just saw the news. The Browns got something for him instead of the nothing when they were going to cut him........... Awesome job FO, and see ya Mingo, you'll simply go down as another swing and a miss for the Browns.

Forget Mingo-the Browns can now sign FA "Spanky" McFarland plus get a 5th rounder. Now that's a D to die for!!.

Speaking of former Browns. http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Skrine-Keeps-on-Competing-on-the-Corner/12b0dd3f-b6ae-4356-b211-9efd06915be6

sheard - browns. shows great motor. knows how to get after QB.

browns solution: have him play OLB. patriots: have him play his position DE.

mingo - ditto.

The difference is, as I heard on the radio.....Mingo hates contact. He hates tackling people. He doesn't really much like to play football. Belichick ain't going to correct that. He will dump Mingo mid season if he sees that.

Maybe as someone said, it would be best to turn Mingo into like a tight end or something.

We've got a second year first round pick who will start 16 games at center.Badly

Everyone that posted something in this thread about Mingo flourishing under Belichick is gay ... Just like Mingo

Z

Gilbert and Erving next on the bust parade. Mathews for center. Sorry if this doesn't show well new to my smartphone.

Gilbert and Erving next on the bust parade. Mathews for center. Sorry if this doesn't show well new to my smartphone.

I wouldn't give up on Gilbert and Erving just yet. Some players simply need a few years to develop once entering the NFL and these two players were thrown right into the fire.

Erving has played two preseason games at Center, you guys that are calling him a bust are nuts.

He's a talented cat and we now have him at the right position.

A lot of folks think they are offensive line gurus around here, everyone thought Mitchell Schwartz sucked for three years while he grew into one of the best right tackles in the business.

Have some freaking patience with this guy, he has the talent, the size and the heart. He'll get beyond the learning curve and be a great asset.

Z

Erving has played two preseason games at Center, you guys that are calling him a bust are nuts.

A lot of folks think they are offensive line gurus around here, everyone thought Mitchell Schwartz sucked for three years while he grew into one of the best right tackles in the business.

Have some freaking patience with this guy, he has the talent, the size and the heart. He'll get beyond the learning curve and be a great asset.

Z

I hope so, but right now, it doesn't look promising. Right now, some of us are seeing another "soft" Courtney Brown.

I hope so, but right now, it doesn't look promising. Right now, some of us are seeing another "soft" Courtney Brown.

Cam ain't soft.

He had a super soft player.

And we dumped him off on Belichick.

Analytic Guys 1

Belichick 0

Zombo

Z

So that means, in total, Erving has played 7 football games at center. (5 in college)

....I think we're HOPING he's now at his 'right position'.

Z

Not sure if this is the right position for him but I agree that he will be good.

Couple short, interesting PFT articles on Mingo in paradise. In spite of the first's headline, Mingo doesn't really take any shots at our current regime and in fact acknowledges Hue & Co.'s attitude. Same cannot be said about Chud.

Barkevious Mingo finds “culture shock” between Patriots and Browns

It’s a huge culture shock,” Mingo said, via Adam Kurkjian of the Boston Herald. “I felt like the winning spirit was making its way into Cleveland with those new coaches, but it’s definitely been established here for a long time, and I’m excited to be a part of it.”

“It’s very exciting. This team is stacked at every position. They have guys on the outside who can cover. We’ve got interior guys who are holding gaps and linebackers that are hitting those gaps and making big plays. I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/barkevious-mingo-finds-culture-shock-between-patriots-and-browns/

Barkevious Mingo impressed Bill Belichick, even before debut

Belichick said that the first thing he noticed after trading for the former No. 6 overall pick that was Mingo flew directly from Tampa (where the Browns were working out with the Buccaneers) to Charlotte to meet the Patriots rather than returning to Cleveland to get his stuff. Then he spent the entire day off following last week’s game meeting with coaches to get caught up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/02/barkevious-mingo-impressed-bill-belichick-even-before-debut/

Hope he does well enough. I can't see him having a big influence in our future, except he'll probably be the only player on NE's D capable of chasing RG3 down from behind for a 20 yard sack when we play in week 5. Looking forward to that.

"enthusiasm" will make up for the 70 pounds he gives up when attempting to set the edge.

"enthusiasm" will make up for the lack of BOTH awareness AND lateral agility he shows when either in the backfield whiffing on a tackle or after having dropped into a hook zone and attempting to cover the RB who's running right past him.

Ok which one of u windowlicking shitdicks called into baskin and phelps 30m ago..,

Talkin bout how u were sure belichick would make mingo a TE? Fess up i know it was one of u morons. Phelps was on his troll and immediately said something like "oh i thought he'd move him db" or something like that.

I know it was one of u. I vaguely remember someone mentioning something like that here awhile ago.

Archived