THE BROWNS BOARD

Are You Happy with the Draft Picks So far ?

BrownIndian

The smart move was trading down for extra picks.

The mistake is reaching for those picks actually made and losing the value that yinz got by trading down.

Same old story - yinz can dig up a bone but don't know what the f*ck to do with it.

I hate to say it, but this fcuktard echoes my sentiments exactly.

Wait.

Does that mean I'm Retarded?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take you up on that bet. My guess is Kiper will say it's a C minus or D.

Two WR's in a row and one was a big time reach in the second round.

The last pick of the second round was someone Kiper probably had going between the 4th and 6th.

He'll give the Browns a very low grade.

Cool. Gentleman's bet. You're on!

OLB is not usually the first guy to cover a TE, let alone the likes of a Witten or a Winslow. They get picked up by a LB or a saftey.

Think about what you just said. You said OLB dont usually guard TE and that LB or safetys do. Well lets think about this the last i checked a OLB is still a LB. And for the most part LB pick up coverage on TE .

I am quite satisfied thusfar our offense is theoretically complete minus a young big RB and BQ being named the starter..

We have to keep in mind mankok didnt have much to work with and with curry gone traded it in to more picks clevelands future is bright under mankok i sense a stockpile of round 2 and 3 draft picks and an army of no name players leading us to the superbowl in the not so distant future...;)

I'm anxious to see what "Al Davis like" moves these numbskulls make tomorrow.

As much as we hate today's performance, just look at what Al Davis did. He passed up Crabtree and Maclin et al for Heyward-Bey and drafter Mel Kiper's 73-rated safety in the second round. Mangini/Kok looks like Bill Polian next to this dude.

I'm not sure what's wrong with getting 7 players out of one day, and 3 of them with NFL experience. Our need is bodies, not missing links. I would have liked to have Rey M, but a TON of teams passed on him over and over again, so we had a lot of company there.

Also, I like the way they kept Quinn, drafted a center to improve protection, and then some weapons to throw to.

I bet we get a draft grade of B as we didn't get carried away with glam and glitz, and stuck to the game plan of filling needs.

This is how I'd look at it on a good day.... <_<

Frankly, considering the alternate choices we had on the board, all I keep asking is "what was mankok thinking?"

Bah, a lot of you are echoing my sentiments already... I don't feel the need to restate them. :angry:

Well, lets look at our history, Butcher Davis & Phil the Savage. Both would of given away this years draft and next years draft as well just to move up 1 spot in the first round. Instead we were able to get a couple of extra picks and some players.

That is what we needed, some depth.

As far as the picks go, Alex Mack C, Brian Robiskie WR Very Nice!

the other 2 :unsure: yes unsure. Mohamed Massaquoi WR, & this guy who uh whats his name David Veikune Tweener? Maybe they know something we dont know. I can only Hope!

Lets hope & Pray that Shonn Greene will make it to us tomorrow and we will pick him.

As much as we hate today's performance, just look at what Al Davis did. He passed up Crabtree and Maclin et al for Heyward-Bey and drafter Mel Kiper's 73-rated safety in the second round. Mangini/Kok looks like Bill Polian next to this dude.

Yeah, the kid from OU in round two!!! HAHAHA!!!!

But considering who was still on the board at those times we made AWFUL picks.

I'm know I'm reaching here but how about we hold off on the judgements until these guys actually play football??? I know its fun to "grade" a draft and proclaim that because we liked a guy or two that the people who actually get paid to do this don't know what they are doing but somehow I get the feeling they actually put more work into this draft than we did (or at least I hope they did).

I'm elated with the trade-downs in the 1st and the selection of Mack.

We got Robiskie at right about where he should have went....but he'll be a starter and solid receiver for years to come. He'll probably have a more productive career than at least a couple of the WRs taken in the 1st. To me, that's great value (and a great football player.) I LOVE this pick. <<<<See...I'm not an OSU hater. ;)

Massoqoui? Not sure...I'm guessing we reached for him because we wanted him and have no pick in the 3rd.

The Hawai'i DE/OLB project? WTF!?!?!?!? Hopefully he's a pleasant surprise but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm ecstatic that we DIDN'T draft Rey Maualuga. The guy is extremely overhyped by ASSPN and the Brent Mussbergers of the world. There is a reason why so many teams passed on him multiple times and that the friggin' Bungles ended up drafting him. Once you look past his "physicality" and "how hard he plays," there isn't really a whole lot to justify drafting the guy as high as many were thinking he should go. In my humble opinion, I count that as a bullet dodged.

Overall I'm rather pleased, but still somewhat perplexed (2 WR's in the 2nd?....bye-bye Braylons) at the same time. And the Hawai'i dude is a serious WTF.

EDIT: One thing that makes me very happy about this draft so far is that it is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that we're not making picks that are a serious reach just because of need.

Picking big names means nothing picking solid hardworking team players who are just glad they got a chance is more important to begin the rebuilding process...look at new england and belichicks quacky low grade picks we laugh at them year in and year out but they ussually laugh last...

Im convinced Mankok is going to rebuild this club into a winner but come on guys its not gonna happen overnight and like rome its not going to be built in a day...;)

Everybody wants to draft big names but most of the big names in the nfl were no names when they got drafted and the big names wouldnt be big names if it were not for that no name lineman that mysteriously stops the big named defender from getting to the big named qb or blows the hole for the big named RB...and then becomes a big name himself..

Patience guys we will get there! :)

The Mack pick didn't bother me as much as the rest of it. I like building from the inside out. But I still prefered Defense with that pick.

I don't hate Robiskie but I hate the fact that a guy like Darious Butler was still on the board. I didn't have him as a need but I think the kid is an outstanding Corner and was the BAP at that time. I wouldn't have been able to pass on him.

As often as defenses are in the nickle and dime now I think the Browns could've made good use of Darious Butler. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would've been a huge upgrade over either of the two corners we have starting now.

The problem with back to back WR's is that they are both basically the same kind of WR. Neither is the slot guy ALA Breaston, Holmes, Curtis, Gonzalas, Maclin, etc.

Mossaquoi and Robiskie are practically mirrors of each other. The same hight and weight. Neither is a blazer. Both would be considered #2 possession type WR's. Why draft them both in the 2nd round?

Are the Browns going to play the spread now? Three WR's on the field all the time? Why did they sign David Patten? To sit on the bench?

None of it makes much sense.

One thing can be said, Quinn is going to have three pretty decent ssized WR's to throw at.

I'll take you up on that bet. My guess is Kiper will say it's a C minus or D.

Two WR's in a row and one was a big time reach in the second round.

The last pick of the second round was someone Kiper probably had going between the 4th and 6th.

He'll give the Browns a very low grade.

I'm thinking it will be a B-/C+. Kiper actually said some pretty nice things about Massaquoi and thought he would have been picked earlier but he didn't say anything about Veikune which kinda scares me.

Before you diss a player (Veikune), you don't know anything about, maybe you should google him. Mangini went to Hawaii from the owners meetings to work this kid out. At this point, I still give him an edge over you in talent evaluations. Since you weren't at any of the workouts or pro days, maybe you should let this draft unwind and chill out.

The draft is my thing. I watched every hour of the combines. I spend hours watching film. I promise I study and watch more than you. I know as much as the next serious fan about Veikune and I am very unimpressed. He has some of the stiffest hips I've ever seen in a supposed big time NFL player.....And at #52 that is what he better be. A Big time NFL player.

You tell me to chill out and then tell me I'm entitled to my opinion. Why don't you make up your mind?

But to think about it further, don't tell me to chill out...I have every fu**ing right to say what I want, you prentious prick.

If you don't want to read it then don't read it! Is that too much of a fu**ing problem for you?. Don't sit there and try to cop an attitude with me. My venom is being spent on the FO...But if you want it thrown at you I can certainly oblige.

I proved my point today about Beanie Wells too you ignorant asshole. He even went below Donad Brown. Why? They all said the same thing I did.

You are the kind of mindless fan that has probably never seen a Brown's draft you didn't like.

Trading down out of the big money and getting the best center in the draft PLUS 2 defensive starters for our #5?

Brilliant. I loved it, absolutely fantastic.

2 WRs when we've been lacking any kind of attitude or aggression in our linebackers?

Really made me scratch my heat though I can't bitch with it being a position of need.

The DE out of nowhere?

Confused, dazed and stupefied. I never saw that one coming.

When you have need EVERYWHERE and in the first 2 rounds you upgrade 4 positions I guess you did pretty well, but I'm still a bit miffed about passing on Rey.

Personally, I like our draft so far. We got the best center in a very deep class of centers which we need in a division full of stud 3-4 nose tackles. We also got two good receivers. Veikune may or may not be a reach, we'll have to see. The depth we received in the players from the Jets will definitely help us. Teams with good depth can cope with the injuries that occur throughout the year.

This may not be a sexy draft, but I think we drafted solid players with good character. Hey, it's a crapshoot, but I'm not going to judge this as a bad draft until I see these guys on the field. We are building a football TEAM, not trying to stockpile flashy players in some crazy "Al Davis" fashion. I'm excited for day two. Maybe we'll get some gems.

The Mack pick didn't bother me as much as the rest of it. I like building from the inside out. But I still prefered Defense with that pick.

I don't hate Robiskie but I hate the fact that a guy like Darious Butler was still on the board. I didn't have him as a need but I think the kid is an outstanding Corner and was the BAP at that time. I wouldn't have been able to pass on him.

As often as defenses are in the nickle and dime now I think the Browns could've made good use of Darious Butler. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would've been a huge upgrade over either of the two corners we have starting now.

The problem with back to back WR's is that they are both basically the same kind of WR. Neither is the slot guy ALA Breaston, Holmes, Curtis, Gonzalas, Maclin, etc.

Mossaquoi and Robiskie are practically mirrors of each other. The same hight and weight. Neither is a blazer. Both would be considered #2 possession type WR's. Why draft them both in the 2nd round?

Are the Browns going to play the spread now? Three WR's on the field all the time? Why did they sign David Patten? To sit on the bench?

None of it makes much sense.

One thing can be said, Quinn is going to have three pretty decent ssized WR's to throw at.

So the problem seems to be that ManKok didn't consult with you to see what YOUR needs were for the Browns? Maybe you can email ManKok and tell them to put you in the loop so that they can get it right. Since you seem to know the Browns much better than they do I'm sure they'll have no problems including you.

So the problem seems to be that ManKok didn't consult with you to see what YOUR needs were for the Browns? Maybe you can email ManKok and tell them to put you in the loop so that they can get it right. Since you seem to know the Browns much better than they do I'm sure they'll have no problems including you.

Are we not allowed, as fans, to have a fcuking OPINION? Sheesh...

Are we not allowed, as fans, to have a fcuking OPINION? Sheesh...

Sure, you can have an opinion. But you rip on ManKok based on what YOU perceive is best for the team and I'm giving you MY opinion of what I think of YOUR opinion, and that is that I believe they are in a much better position to know what the team needs, or even what they have in mind for the direction of the team. But go ahead, rip away before you even see the finished product.

Sure, you can have an opinion. But you rip on ManKok based on what YOU perceive is best for the team and I'm giving you MY opinion of what I think of YOUR opinion, and that is that I believe they are in a much better position to know what the team needs, or even what they have in mind for the direction of the team. But go ahead, rip away before you even see the finished product.

For me, I'm great with trading out of 5. I'm OK with Mack. I'm even OK woth Robiskie. But to take the pick we got from the Jets and drafting Massaquoi (a pick I still don't get) and essentially trading KWII for David Veikune looks like blown opportunities to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I would have spent those last 2 round 2 picks very differently (McCoy and Gilbert). Now THAT would have been a well-rounded day 1 for me.

The draft is my thing. I watched every hour of the combines. I spend hours watching film. I promise I study and watch more than you. I know as much as the next serious fan about Veikune and I am very unimpressed. He has some of the stiffest hips I've ever seen in a supposed big time NFL player.....And at #52 that is what he better be. A Big time NFL player.

You tell me to chill out and then tell me I'm entitled to my opinion. Why don't you make up your mind?

But to think about it further, don't tell me to chill out...I have every fu**ing right to say what I want, you prentious prick.

If you don't want to read it then don't read it! Is that too much of a fu**ing problem for you?. Don't sit there and try to cop an attitude with me. My venom is being spent on the FO...But if you want it thrown at you I can certainly oblige.

I proved my point today about Beanie Wells too you ignorant asshole. He even went below Donad Brown. Why? They all said the same thing I did.

You are the kind of mindless fan that has probably never seen a Brown's draft you didn't like.

You haven't proved shit because these players haven't even gotten on the field yet. And how did those players work out for you and how did there interviews come off. Big deal, you watches the combine, next year get a life. Because, when it's all said and done your opinion is yours and doesn't really mean shit.

Know, I didn't agree with you but I was civil but you showed your true colors Mr. "The Draft is my Thing", "so bow to me because I know all".

So, kiss my ass Mr. Draftmaster. You post something and I can say express my opinion about it. If you don't like that go f-ck yourself dickhead. You are right about one thing. I shouldn't have said chill. Your allowed to make a ass out of your self.

You can go try to find a life now Mr. "Draft is my Thing".

For me, I'm great with trading out of 5. I'm OK with Mack. I'm even OK woth Robiskie. But to take the pick we got from the Jets and drafting Massaquoi (a pick I still don't get) and essentially trading KWII for David Veikune looks like blown opportunities to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I would have spent those last 2 round 2 picks very differently (McCoy and Gilbert). Now THAT would have been a well-rounded day 1 for me.

Of course not everyone is going to agree with every pick, but people are ripping ManKok a new one and acting like they know what's best for this team (thus my reply to Oldie) when in FACT they have NO clue the direction Mangini wants to take this team or the type of players he wants playing for him. Am I happy with the draft so far? Hard to say. I'm not disatisfied with it at this point. That may change once the season starts and I see what's put on the field. Its like people getting mad that he didn't take Rey Rey in the 1st, or even at 36, but don't bother to consider that a LOT of teams passed on him, more than once for some and don't bother to think of why that might be. So as I said, I'll trust ManKok's judgment for now and give him a chance to get his guys on the field.

I'm anxious to see what "Al Davis like" moves these numbskulls make tomorrow.

Maybe we'll draft Alex Boone in the 4th round to play right tackle....

I would bet on Alex Boone having a long career as a right tackle. He obviously needs to keep the bottle out of his hand but it seems that he realizes that now

Its not that I dont like Robiskie or the other WR. I just thought Malaluga was a huge free fall for him to be there for us at our 2nd round pick. And we passed. Is there something about him Im missing that so many teams passed on him? And then we took ANOTHER WR with our next pick. Are we planning on getting a LB in a trade involving Edwards or DA?

Other than that, I love what we did. We went from 5 picks to start the day to 10, tied for 2nd most in the draft. Just hope we took some guys that will help us.

I kept on hearing on other boards and rumor mills that Rey Rey was only a two downs player and any team who got him would have to pull him on 3rd down. So I think this really hurt his ability to go to cleveland. Cleveland already has a two down player in Rogers, because on 3rd down he is sucking wind on the sideline. So I think this makes sense. I just hope they get Shonne Green...Here we go Dawgs here we go. I give Mankok and B+ so far on there picks...

I believe there is a reason why you are griping about this draft, and they are getting paid millions of dollars to do this.

They know what they are doing.

There are reasons we didn't pick up some big name players. Same as other teams passed right up on them, they weren't as good as people like you want them to be.

This is the first real solid draft I have seen in a long time for us. Nothing flashy, nothing to blow your mind. But shit, all of these people are going to contribute to this team, Depth and starters, gotta love it.

and how in the world are you saying the jets we picked up won't compete? have you seen who is on our defense, these guys are flippen upgrades to what we already have.

Totally Agree.... :rolleyes:

Archived