THE BROWNS BOARD

random thoughts unanswered questions and anecdotal statements

sisky fringo

feel free to treat this thread as a home for anything random, interesting, and especially for legitimately amusing chaff.

also home to anything that doesn't really fit anywhere else or deserve it's own thread.

anyyone is welcome to chime in, i won't be posting regularly.

the Browns. mainstream it has no luster to it anymore. the fanbase likes to chastise and mock.

do the players think they play for a team named after some old dead guy? or named after the Brooklyn Bomber? or some weirdly tempermental diva attic Sprite?

what do you think the players and other employees version of the name is, what they say around the building? what they tell their family and friends when challenged with the question "What tf is a Brown?".

i wonder what Josh Gordon says. does he defend us? does he say "i'm outta there asap, i just gotta show the league i can do it again".

i wonder if Gordon truly feels like he belongs in Cleveland like he says and if he truly is down for Cle long term.

does he feel like he owes us? or like a league laughingstock who read the articles and message boards while he was suspended the past couple years and now has a huge chip on his shoulder to shut everyone up? is he gonna cinderella story it to the moon?

he was a 2nd Rd supplemental draft pick in a draft class of one. lol literally one! there's only been 43 ever. the supplemental brought Kosar too.

Cleveland has been the island of misfit toys for a long time now. where the expectations are low and the sky is the limit. perhaps Josh is simply a man facing his demons (Thomas, Haden) instead of running away (Ward, Cameron).

personally i think he has the bug. i think if you cut him he bleeds brown and orange now.

most of the rest of the team probably does too...Mingo didn't (prayers are answered) and Gilbert the enigma looks to me like he only gives 85% effort. there's still time for him.

Jordan Payton seems soft to me. he doesn't seem the type that will ever bleed Cle either. i practice squad him and don't care if he gets signed. same with Gabe.

i'd rather keep all the rookie ILB's than Marlon Moore. sorry Bro but the Browns don't need utility WRs anymore w Higgins and Louis.

imagine if Danny Shelton was a guard...

Well since this is random, how about that Browns choice at QB Dak Prescott! He could have started for us immediately if we had not gifted him to Dallas already. Fucking idiots are still in charge of the Browns. Only the faces have changed.

Well since this is random, how about that Browns choice at QB Dak Prescott! He could have started for us immediately if we had not gifted him to Dallas already. Fucking idiots are still in charge of the Browns. Only the faces have changed.

It's the preseason. Why don't we hold off on the praise until he completes a real NFL pass.

^^^Go humor yourself and look at the former Cleveland Brown QB's stats who are still in the league (hint: they all look good). I'm not denying Prescott has shown some good, even great things at times. But it also WELL known that even the starters of a good team like the seahawks are running "vanilla" defenses to not show their hand. I'm not going to say "man we missed that dude" at all until he brings it when the games matter.

dak prescott may end up like jm. was arrested for DUI. Not long ago, he was found

not guilty.

"gee, let's just take a chance on another possible jm again, that worked out great" ?

Undisciplined, lack of consistent criteria has led to so many Browns draft mistakes.

The current Browns don't make that mistake.

that's the great thing about hindsight. no risk.

feel free to treat this thread as a home for anything random, interesting, and especially for legitimately amusing chaff.

also home to anything that doesn't really fit anywhere else or deserve it's own thread.

anyyone is welcome to chime in, i won't be posting regularly.

You have really taken your avatar to heart.

the Browns. mainstream it has no luster to it anymore. the fanbase likes to chastise and mock.

do the players think they play for a team named after some old dead guy? or named after the Brooklyn Bomber? or some weirdly tempermental diva attic Sprite?

They may think the team is named after Jim Brown.

what do you think the players and other employees version of the name is, what they say around the building? what they tell their family and friends when challenged with the question "What tf is a Brown?".

They don't care as long as they get their paycheck.

Besides, the Browns are the only team except for the Buffalo Bills that were named after an actual person.

i wonder what Josh Gordon says. does he defend us? does he say "i'm outta there asap, i just gotta show the league i can do it again".

i wonder if Gordon truly feels like he belongs in Cleveland like he says and if he truly is down for Cle long term.

does he feel like he owes us? or like a league laughingstock who read the articles and message boards while he was suspended the past couple years and now has a huge chip on his shoulder to shut everyone up? is he gonna cinderella story it to the moon?

He feels that the team has stood behind him in his troubles....and that has engendered great loyalty in him to the Browns. Compare to JMZ.

he was a 2nd Rd supplemental draft pick in a draft class of one. lol literally one! there's only been 43 ever. the supplemental brought Kosar too.

Cleveland has been the island of misfit toys for a long time now. where the expectations are low and the sky is the limit. perhaps Josh is simply a man facing his demons (Thomas, Haden) instead of running away (Ward, Cameron).

personally i think he has the bug. i think if you cut him he bleeds brown and orange now.

most of the rest of the team probably does too...Mingo didn't (prayers are answered) and Gilbert the enigma looks to me like he only gives 85% effort. there's still time for him.

85%? That may be a bit on the high side.

Jordan Payton seems soft to me. he doesn't seem the type that will ever bleed Cle either. i practice squad him and don't care if he gets signed. same with Gabe.

i'd rather keep all the rookie ILB's than Marlon Moore. sorry Bro but the Browns don't need utility WRs anymore w Higgins and Louis.

agree

imagine if Danny Shelton was a guard...

Stranger things have happened with people switching positions. See Terrelle Pryor.

Why didn't we just take Tom Brady, Ben R. Aaron Rodgers etc. etc. etc. when they were all available to us.

Silly to play the what if game.

^^^Go humor yourself and look at the former Cleveland Brown QB's stats who are still in the league (hint: they all look good).

This is sarcasm, right? How has DA looked. How has McCoy looked. How has Quinn looked. How has Frye looked. How has Weeden looked. How has JMZ looked. How have Seneca Wallace and Jason Campbell looked.

All are smegma in someone's foreskin. Maybe, ONLY, Brian Hoyer did anything after he left here.....(but really it was the Texans defense that did all that)

I'm not denying Prescott has shown some good, even great things at times. But it also WELL known that even the starters of a good team like the seahawks are running "vanilla" defenses to not show their hand. I'm not going to say "man we missed that dude" at all until he brings it when the games matter.

Right.

dak prescott may end up like jm. was arrested for DUI. Not long ago, he was found

not guilty.

"gee, let's just take a chance on another possible jm again, that worked out great" ?

Undisciplined, lack of consistent criteria has led to so many Browns draft mistakes.

The current Browns don't make that mistake.

This is more addressed to Ag, but you nailed it Cal. The stench of Johnny Football still lingers heavily over Berea. A DUI bust, and no thanks.

^^^Go humor yourself and look at the former Cleveland Brown QB's stats who are still in the league (hint: they all look good).

This is sarcasm, right? How has DA looked. How has McCoy looked. How has Quinn looked. How has Frye looked. How has Weeden looked. How has JMZ looked. How have Seneca Wallace and Jason Campbell looked.

All are smegma in someone's foreskin. Maybe, ONLY, Brian Hoyer did anything after he left here.....(but really it was the Texans defense that did all that)

I'm not denying Prescott has shown some good, even great things at times. But it also WELL known that even the starters of a good team like the seahawks are running "vanilla" defenses to not show their hand. I'm not going to say "man we missed that dude" at all until he brings it when the games matter.

Right.

I meant how they looked in the preseason if that wasn't already clear enough. Colt McCoy has a QB rating of like 108.something and even DA is above 90. The point is it's not hard for QB's to look good when the games don't count.

Reads like a lot of people haven't seen Dak take a snap this preseason.

Meanwhile the player the 'Boys are concerned about is... *drumroll*... Zeke.

• domestic abuse allegations
  • showed for camp out of shape
  • visited a pot store while in Seattle

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/26/report-concerns-raised-about-ezekiel-elliotts-pattern-of-behavior/

Nope. Moore & Tabor have compromising pictures of Jimmy.

Archived