THE BROWNS BOARD

Dick Cheney Aunt passes will he go to funeral? Barracks GM??

Guest BillyJack

Guest BillyJack

Madelyn and Stanley Dunham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madelyn_Dunham

Madelyn Lee Payne Dunham (October 26, 1922[3] - November 2, 2008[1]) and Stanley Armour Dunham (March 23, 1918 – February 8, 1992) were the maternal grandparents of Barack Obama, the junior United States Senator from Illinois and Democratic nominee in the 2008 U.S. presidential election. They raised Obama from age 10 in their Honolulu, Hawaii apartment, where the widowed Mrs. Dunham lived until her death on November 2, 2008,[4] in the same city as Obama's half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng.[5]

Biography Ancestry

Both Madelyn and Stanley Dunham descend from European ancestors, mostly from England, who settled in the American colonies in the 17th and 18th centuries. Their most recent European ancestor was Stanley's great grandfather, Falmouth Kearney, a farmer who emigrated from Moneygall, County Offaly, Ireland during the Great Irish Famine and settled in Jefferson Township, Tipton County, Indiana. Kearney's youngest daughter, Mary Ann (Kearney) Dunham, was Stanley Dunham's paternal grandmother.[6] Stanley Dunham was an eighth cousin, twice removed, of President Harry S Truman. Stanley was also an eighth cousin once removed, of Vice-President Dick Cheney and a seventh cousin, twice removed, of who[citation needed] through a common ancestor, Mareen Duvall, a wealthy French Huguenot merchant who immigrated to Maryland in the 1650s.[7] Madelyn Dunham's mother was of part Cherokee descent, which Madelyn took great pride in.[citation needed]

Raising Barack Obama

After the Obama marriage fell apart, the young Barack spent four years with his mother and her second husband in Jakarta, Indonesia. He returned to the United States at age 10 to live with his maternal grandparents in the Makiki district of Honolulu and enrolled in the fifth grade at the Punahou School. The tuition fees for the prestigious preparatory school were paid with the aid of scholarships. Ann would later come back to Hawaii and pursue graduate studies; she eventually earned a Ph.D. in anthropology and went on to be employed on development projects in Indonesia and around the world helping

impoverished women obtain microfinance. When she returned to Indonesia in 1977 for her Masters' fieldwork, Obama stayed in the United States with his grandparents. Obama writes in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, "I’d arrived at an unspoken pact with my grandparents: I could live with them and they'd leave me alone so long as I kept my trouble out of sight."[13]

Obama and his half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng refer to Madelyn Dunham as "Toot" — short for "tutu," the Hawaiian word for grandmother.[14] In his book, Obama described his grandmother as "quiet yet firm", in contrast to Obama's "boisterous" grandfather Stanley.[8] Obama considered his grandmother "a trailblazer of sorts, the first woman vice-president of a local bank."[15] Her colleagues recall her as a "tough boss" who would make you "sink or swim", but who had a "soft spot for those willing to work hard."[5] She retired from the Bank of Hawaii in 1986.

Ann_Dunham_with_father_and_children.jpg

this is funny, these frickin Libs wont mention anything about Dick Cheney's Aunt dieing, its all a out Obama's Grandma!!

its the same person who died. they wont mention it or condone it all they are doing is attacking john. what a bunch of Pussy Liberals!

Dude, her HUSBAND was Dick Cheney's eighth cousin once removed. Cheney probably never even met or or knew she was alive. I've never met my own second cousins, let alone my wife's eighth cousins. Or their husbands.

Don't be ridiculous.

SHE was Barack Obama's grandmother, the woman who raised him.

You guys are weird.

and the woman he didn't like, or was that just thru the elections because he feared someone might say he was a racist like his grandma, know he can use this for a vote of sympothy,

Liberals are the worlds Biggest drama Queens!!!

Archived