THE BROWNS BOARD

Colin Kaepernick

One Post

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with crapernick's protest. I think the basis of it is flawed but hes not getting my goat.

Stuart

That's just it. His protest does nothing but propagate a myth, a lie, and that is what makes this all the more disturbing.

The more a lie is repeated, the more it becomes truth...

The cause has to be real in order to tolerate someone sitting out the Anthem.

Kap himself said "if we did what Hillary did, we'd all be in jail."..thats a real inequality there Kap...sit out the Anthem for that one and everyone would see your point.

That's not just on Kaep though, "credible" media outlets flat out lie all the time and get away with it.

Stuart

Lying is what the mainstream liberal media has been doing for decades.

Kaep probably was influenced by media as so many stupid libfucks are, but the media didn't make Kaep sit out the Anthem. That's on him.

I'm waiting for kleptonick to start primping around the field at halftime,

prancing and putting up his hands and saying "hands up don't shoot".

Obviously happily? oblivious of the real truth.

With lib freaks - an emotional lie is a good lie, if it gets them the free stuff they want.

Team USA Hockey Coach Delivers Stern Warning to Any Player Who Copies Colin Kaepernick

Team USA hockey coach John Tortorella told ESPN’s Linda Cohn that “if any of my players sit on the bench for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game.”

http://politistick.com/team-usa-hockey-coach-delivers-stern-warning-player-copies-colin-kaepernick/

I come from a military family and work with veteran students on a daily basis. This has come up a lot and I can tell you 90% of the responses are the same. Nearly everyone has said "We disagree with it but that's the reason we served in the first place". I defer to that opinion more than anything else.

Team USA Hockey Coach Delivers Stern Warning to Any Player Who Copies Colin Kaepernick

Team USA hockey coach John Tortorella told ESPN’s Linda Cohn that “if any of my players sit on the bench for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game.”

http://politistick.com/team-usa-hockey-coach-delivers-stern-warning-player-copies-colin-kaepernick/

Nothing says freedom of speech and peaceful protest like everyone losing their shit over someone silently protesting.

I come from a military family and work with veteran students on a daily basis. This has come up a lot and I can tell you 90% of the responses are the same. Nearly everyone has said "We disagree with it but that's the reason we served in the first place". I defer to that opinion more than anything else.

Exactly - agree or disagree with the message, it's his right to do it. That's what those veterans fought for.

The NFL refused to allow Cowboy players to (silently)wear patches to honor the slain police officers so puhleeze this is not a freedom of speech issue.The NFL all the time regulates what players can say or do and if a hockey coach makes the decision as the coach if any player sits for the national anthem they will remain seated more power to him.

The NFL refused to allow Cowboy players to (silently)wear patches to honor the slain police officers so puhleeze this is not a freedom of speech issue.The NFL all the time regulates what players can say or do and if a hockey coach makes the decision as the coach if any player sits for the national anthem they will remain seated more power to him.

I thought the cowboys thing was covered? NFL rules forbid any political things on the uniform. That's all. You really think Roger Goodell, Kraft, Haslam and the old boys' club that is the NFL owners, are secret BLM activists?

I thought the cowboys thing was covered? NFL rules forbid any political things on the uniform. That's all. You really think Roger Goodell, Kraft, Haslam and the old boys' club that is the NFL owners, are secret BLM activists?

Since when is the killing of police officers considered political?

Since when is the killing of police officers considered political?

Since Hillary snubbed the police and paraded the BLM people on stage during the Democratic Convention. Right about there. Pandering to her base. Was there a question?

Some huge number of negroes were gunned down over the Labor Day weekend by other Negroes. Apparently those black lives don't matter all that much.

WSS

Actually, checking, it doesn't even have to be political, just the uniform has to be, well, uniform:

The NFL has unapologetically enforced it's strict uniform policies for years. Just last season the league denied the request of Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams to wear pink gear all season in honor of his mother, who passed away from breast cancer. Williams was also fined for having the message "Find the cure” printed on his eye black during a game.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-to-wear-helmet-decal-honoring-dallas-police-officers-081116

I'm pretty sure exceptions get made for honouring dead owners or something like that, but I don't remember. Quick google search...

Section 8 of the rules states that on game days, items “to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office.”

And what gets approved?

“All such items approved by the League office, if any, must relate to team or League events or personages,” the rules say. “The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, any such approved items must be modest in size, tasteful, non-commercial, and non-controversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.”

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/politifact-nfl-sacked-dallas-cowboys-plan-to-honor/nsRwQ/

Besides, it's not like the NFL stopped all mention of the Cowboys' tribute, just said they can't have it on the helmet

On the opening day of camp, the team -- joined by the Dallas police chief, the city's mayor, and family members of the slain police officers -- walked onto the practice field with their arms intertwined and unveiled the decal in a ceremony honoring the officers lost.

So can we stop pretending like the Cowboys are being singled out because they're being pro-police? If they wanted to show a 15 minute tribute to the cops at half time while having police dogs doing tricks on the field with the guy from Police Academy providing the sound effects, no problem. And if Kaepernick wanted to put a BLM logo on his helmet, it's no can do for that too.

FWIW, I think the NFL is wrong on that one. I can see they don't want to make huge political statements or whatever, but they're in a position to promote causes, particularly given that a relatively high percentage of the players have run ins with the police over their careers. The NFL could find a suitable 'police and public working together in unity' or something cause and adopt it, similar to how they have with breast cancer. Have a bunch of causes they support, and if players and teams want to put something on the uniform from that list, go for it.

I'm a big believer in freedom of choice but I understand that a private employer which is what the NFL is can set about any rules they want to in regards to what players can say and do. Probably the biggest thing is to be consistent and fair. The NFL has made the decision to allow players to sit if they want to during the National anthem. They could have just as easily said as a private corporation if anyone refuses to stand for the national anthem they will be sanctioned by the NFL.

I personally like the decision the hockey coach made that if you sit down during the national anthem you will remain seated when the game starts.

I really don't get the furor over sitting during the national anthem. Are you american or north korean? Should it be criminal to sit? To tear up the flag, or burn it? To say bad things about the government or the leader?

it's like dirty moochelle obaMao never having been proud of her country...

until THEY got to run for the WH. THEN she was "proud" of her country.

It's all troubling extremely profoundly self-centered emotionalism.

whatever some nutjob is mad about... they don't respect their ENTIRE COUNTRY

over it?

Like the entire country is nothing but what makes THEM "happy" ?

I think it's more likely that they are not right in their minds.

I really don't get the furor over sitting during the national anthem. Are you american or north korean? Should it be criminal to sit? To tear up the flag, or burn it? To say bad things about the government or the leader?

It shouldn't be criminal but if you work for a private employer and if they set the rules you must stand for the national anthem the choice is always yours if you choose to stay employed with the employer.

I worked for a number of years for an employer who would not allow beards. There really was no valid reason for that rule but if you wanted to work there and you and had a beard you had to shave it off. They even carried that to the extreme where temporary contractors who came in to do work projects also had to conform to the no beard rule and I saw it happen where a guy had a beard for many years had to shave it off to work a few days at our plant as an independent contractor and not even an employee of the company.

It shouldn't be criminal but if you work for a private employer and if they set the rules you must stand for the national anthem the choice is always yours if you choose to stay employed with the employer.

I worked for a number of years for an employer who would not allow beards. There really was no valid reason for that rule but if you wanted to work there and you and had a beard you had to shave it off. They even carried that to the extreme where temporary contractors who came in to do work projects also had to conform to the no beard rule and I saw it happen where a guy had a beard for many years had to shave it off to work a few days at our plant as an independent contractor and not even an employee of the company.

And you don't think that's a bit excessive? I hear a lot about how democrats are trying to 'regulate' every day life and then you get shit like that?

Archived