THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real nice PR gabriel

You have to think the last WR spot is going to come down to Hawkins & Gabriel.

I know Hawkins probably has the inside track since he played under Hue in Cincy, but I sure hope we keep Gabe.

You have to think the last WR spot is going to come down to Hawkins & Gabriel.

I know Hawkins probably has the inside track since he played under Hue in Cincy, but I sure hope we keep Gabe.

Has Hawkins caught a pass all preseason? I had gabriel dead in the water, but he has had an impressive camp ... maybe saved a spot.

Z

Bears FG drive, only one big play, otherwise a lot of hustle by backup D. Cam Johnson looks like a pass rusher, he's on the squad, afraid Rahim Moore is not, he looks likes he is behind three guys at safety and they are better special teamers, see ya.

Has Hawkins caught a pass all preseason? I had gabriel dead in the water, but he has had an impressive camp ... maybe saved a spot.

Z

I was checking some stats for Hawkins, and I can't find anything on him this preseason.

Scooby at the goal line!! Denied!!!

I really hope it wasn't a mistake dropping Coons.

Still time to cut him and bring back the Coon Dawg.

Redfern short punt ... now I miss Peggy Lee.

Still a good trade ... just may need to find a third punter. (and about 18 other starting players)

Score one for the naysayers. Hell, to paraphrase Ghoolie- punters are a dime a dozen.

Still time to cut him and bring back the Coon Dawg.

Score one for the naysayers. Hell, to paraphrase Ghoolie- punters are a dime a dozen.

It was a good trade, Larry.

Lee was a pussy and is in a better place now.

We'll find a guy that punts consistently and and is ten years younger.

Two years from now when we realize we have an extra 4th rounder, we are going to laugh that we traded that retired punter and now we have a good one and a 4th round pick ... for a punter.

Zombo

It was a good trade, Larry.

Lee was a pussy and is in a better place now.

We'll find a guy that punts consistently and and is ten years younger.

Two years from now when we realize we have an extra 4th rounder, we are going to laugh that we traded that retired punter and now we have a good one and a 4th round pick ... for a punter.

Zombo

Crap, get off that pussy shit. The guy was going to score if Lee got in his way or not. He gets hurt trying to make that tackle in a preseason game- his trade value is zero. If you factor in it was a salary dump, it was a good trade. Lee probably will be able to kick at a high level for say another 4-5 years (Ray Guy was still punting @ 37). The money ball people thought a LOW (like you think the Panthers are gonna suck in 2017?) 4th round pick was worth it, well OK. We saw what bad punting can do to field position. The Bears started their drives with a short field twice due to shanked punts. Not that it will make much difference the way our defense is currently playing.

Crap, get off that pussy shit. The guy was going to score if Lee got in his way or not. He gets hurt trying to make that tackle in a preseason game- his trade value is zero. If you factor in it was a salary dump, it was a good trade. Lee probably will be able to kick at a high level for say another 4-5 years (Ray Guy was still punting @ 37). The money ball people thought a LOW (like you think the Panthers are gonna suck in 2017?) 4th round pick was worth it, well OK. We saw what bad punting can do to field position. The Bears started their drives with a short field twice due to shanked punts. Not that it will make much difference the way our defense is currently playing.

The man is a pussy. I don't know why that is so hard for you to deal with. He had a chance to make a tackle and he slowed down and took himself out of the way. I don't want him on my team.

He's 34 years old. His punting average has dropped four straight years. Will he be better than our punter this year? Most likely. Does it matter? No. He will probably be retired when we get that 4th round pick in 2018 and I have no idea how good the Panthers will be then, but we will be up-and-coming..

I would trade every punter in the league for a fourth round pick, and I would never trade a fourth round pick for a punter.

There is probably a dozen teams carrying two punters right now, and they've got to release one by 4 PM tomorrow. And we're going to grab the best one. for free. Because that's where you get punters ... free.

4th round pick for 34 year old punter ... Winning.

Zombo

Watched Q2 of the game late yesterday focusing on the DL and OL.

On the D side was looking for players who could control the blocker on them with arms extended looking for the play and then get off the block. I saw one who did it consistently... Armonty.

On the O side I was looking for technique, control of their own body, reaction to D stunts and anchoring in Pass Pro. I saw two. BION Gerhart was the runner-up. Alvin Bailey, working at RG, topped my list.

Will be looking to see if they all continue to do so in the 2nd half.

Archived